1. Welcome to the Painful Pleasures community! New members, please read the Rules of the Forum before posting. You should also introduce yourself here before submitting any other posts. If you're interested in sharing photos of your body mods, please read the Rules of the Gallery first. At any time, you can use the "Start a Conversation" feature to get private help from our moderators, Angel on the Edge, Dnd4evr, Rainbird, xXJarredXx, Revs, and Craftsman. Enjoy the forum!

Ads and Bots

Discussion in 'General Announcements' started by xXJarredXx, Apr 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xXJarredXx Super Moderator

Message Count:
    I am taking a stand against these flood of spam bots and ads. Any users that see these posts with completely irrelevant postings and links to random websites, please let one of the moderators or admins know. I thank those that have been alerting me to these, and I am staying on top of them the best I can! :) Your help in these matters is much appreciated.
  2. Scooter --Mom--

Message Count:
    It comes and goes. I also commend those who help by letting us know.
  3. Rainbird The Pierced Godmother

Message Count:
    I second that again. Much appreciated indeed.
  4. darkcrow343 Member

Message Count:
    Well said, what do people actually get of sending link after link, and then sending the same really stupid message over and over again its just irritating rather than anything else
  5. xXJarredXx Super Moderator

Message Count:
    Most advertising links either have viruses or they get money for the links. Advertising is a huge monetary gain online. Most of these you are familiar with. Side bar ads on websites, but sometimes they are a "click to acquire wealth" type of advertising. They will get a percentage of money for the amount of people that actually visit the website,
  6. darkcrow343 Member

Message Count:
    That's true, I personally don't think the money is good enough to sit and do it non stop, but whatever floats their boat.
  7. xXJarredXx Super Moderator

Message Count:
    They are not typically real people posting links, they use macro programs that do it for them
  8. darkcrow343 Member

Message Count:
    True, the only real way to stop this is by using the security letters which will end up annoying ,members like us.
  9. xXJarredXx Super Moderator

Message Count:
    Even that isn't fool proof all the time.
  10. darkcrow343 Member

Message Count:
    true, but everything in technology can be bypassed if someone is determined enough to do it.
  11. xXJarredXx Super Moderator

Message Count:
    For every new firewall and virus database, there is a new hacker or a new virus to challenge it.
  12. Scooter --Mom--

Message Count:
    ROFL, there are several Live Virus holding web sites where you can D/L live virii for Software Testing. Developers use them to test the vulnerability of apps/programs etc.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.