1. Welcome to the Painful Pleasures community! New members, please read the Rules of the Forum before posting. You should also introduce yourself here before submitting any other posts. If you're interested in sharing photos of your body mods, please read the Rules of the Gallery first. At any time, you can use the "Start a Conversation" feature to get private help from our moderators, Angel on the Edge, Dnd4evr, Rainbird, xXJarredXx, Revs, and Craftsman. Enjoy the forum!

Bad Nipple Piercing Experience, How Common?

Discussion in 'Nipple Piercings' started by samdolsen, Jan 15, 2011.

1. samdolsen New Member

Message Count:
    I got my nipples pierced last February. They healed quickly and caused me absolutely no problems. One morning in August, I woke up to find that my left breast was sore, somewhat swollen, and a patch of the skin next to my nipple was red and seemed firm to the touch. Over the next few days, it got considerably more swollen and sore, so I went to the hospital. Long story short, I had developed an infected abscess in my breast that required surgery. My doctors told me that this type of problem usually only occurs in breastfeeding women and that my piercing, despite being well-healed, was likely the cause. I was wondering if anyone else has ever experienced a problem like this with nipple piercings, or if any factors make a person more likely to have them.

Also, I have since taken both nipple piercings out, and they've been out since August. Despite frequent cleaning of the old piercing sites, pus still occasionally comes out. Is there any way to prevent/stop this?
  2. Rainbird The Pierced Godmother

Message Count:
    Hi samdolsen,
    I'm so sorry to hear that you have had a bad experienceand lost your piercings. Despite them seeming to be healed, February to August is still quite a short time, nipples can often take 1 year or even longer to completely heal, especially female nipples, ours are rather more complicated structures than mens.
    You do not mention whether you were or had been breast feeding, I just wondered if the combination of both was a factor. I have had an infected node, which manifested as a lump in my breast but neither my GP or the Hospital Consultant mentioned that it would be in any way connected to my piercings. Probably just hormonal changes was their suggestion.
    If you are still getting a discharge I would suggest that you return to your doctor for another course of anti-biotics, it seems that the infection was deep seated (as they often are in the breast) and has not yet cleared up.
    I see that you are new to the forum so let me WELCOME you here, it would be nice if you let us know a little more about yourself in the introduce yourself thread. Staff here are Scoot, me and Revs.
    WELCOME again and do let us know how you get along with your breast, I hope it heals soon.