1. Welcome to the Painful Pleasures community! New members, please read the Rules of the Forum before posting. You should also introduce yourself here before submitting any other posts. If you're interested in sharing photos of your body mods, please read the Rules of the Gallery first. At any time, you can use the "Start a Conversation" feature to get private help from our moderators, Angel on the Edge, Dnd4evr, Rainbird, xXJarredXx, Revs, and Craftsman. Enjoy the forum!

Bump on outside of nose piercing? (pics included)

Discussion in 'Healing and Aftercare Forum' started by PresleyRenee, Jul 26, 2012.

1. PresleyRenee New Member

Message Count:
    I got my nose pierced on both sides just over a month ago. I've always had a bit of trouble with the right side. It's always been more sore than the left one and recently it started having a yellowish-green crust around the post of the stud (the studs are the ones I was pierced with)
    I clean my piercings normally twice a day (sometimes once) with simply saline solution on a cotton bud.
    Today, though, I noticed that I had a red bump on the outside of my right piercing and it is very sore! Is it a keloid? What do I do to get rid of this? I've heard about salt soaks, dial soap, and tea tree oil but I just want to find whats most effective so I can get this taken care of so it goes away quickly.

Picture of my piercing: http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x375/PresleyxRenee/IMG_4993.jpg?t=1343359102
  2. xXJarredXx Super Moderator

Message Count:
    It's not likely a keloid. You should do the sea salt soaks probably twice daily. It could just be an irritated piercing.

The link to the photobucket says page not found.