1. Welcome to the Painful Pleasures community! New members, please read the Rules of the Forum before posting. You should also introduce yourself here before submitting any other posts. If you're interested in sharing photos of your body mods, please read the Rules of the Gallery first. At any time, you can use the "Start a Conversation" feature to get private help from our moderators, Angel on the Edge, Dnd4evr, Rainbird, xXJarredXx, Revs, and Craftsman. Enjoy the forum!
    Dismiss Notice

ch-check-it-out-now

Discussion in 'PP Wiki "Shop-Talk"' started by iamblackbird, Jul 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iamblackbird

iamblackbird Little Miss Apocalypse Staff Member

Hoorah! It's 4:30 am, Central Time, and I'm making a forum for the Wiki Kids, who need to communicate.

Testing, testing, 123.

2. Scooter

Scooter --Mom-- Staff Member

I got'cha 5 by 5 bird.

Are we visible to the rest of the boards? (ie-do I need to mind my manners?)

When I saw the header in the "new topics" section I was ready to blue button the thing. Like Lumila's 'looking for a man' post. The spammers have been over active lately. They must have brewed up  an extra potent batch of Meth.

4:30 CDT??? You need your rest Young Lady!!!!!! You won't be of any use to yourself or anyone else if you don't!!! Try a glass of warm milk (almost hot) it works wonders. If that doesn't work, read, that always put me out.
    -MOM!!!!
    *giggle*

3. painful

painful Administrator Staff Member

Today i plan on sitting down and trying to map this out and then i will post what i come up with so we can decide..

what do you think about putting up a section on here for the Shops to avoid? i don't really know how this works so i don't know if that would be useful and then also a section for Piercers and Tattoo Artists that have stolen from shops, so it would be a good reference for shops to see before they hire.

4. iamblackbird

The Shop/Artist review could be redone for that purpose.....it's just sitting there!

It would be a good reference for shops, and others searching for a shop, I think.

Scoot- It's a hidden board.

5. Scooter

I agree. Our lifestyle is full of people who are ... um ... let me just say, unethical. A reference might be of use to all. It might help weed out some of the shadier  areas.
    I'm working S-L-O-W-L-Y on compiling a history of Tatts and Piercing. I have some old (70's) publications about the origins of them. From Aztec and Myan piercing with Ray Spines to Cooks voyages through the South Pacific. I'm hunting for copyright free pix for it. I want to try to get some pix of the "Iceman's" Tatts. He was over 5000 years old and had tatts in various areas. Scientists are still not sure if it was for medicinal or spiritual reasons.

*bird-Ooo hidden???  hehehe is the EDIT filter on? Turn the lights down and join me here on the couch. I've got a bottle of bubbly on ice. We can discuss this at leisure. Here, let me help you off with your coat. *WINK*

Sorry Marc, I just like to have fun. Wheee!!!

6. iamblackbird

*cracks up* Scoot, I've got some stuff to supplement you, I think...I've got like, A book that might help. I'll insert neat stuff as time wears on.

7. painful

we are slowly learning this program, and i mean slowly. I have had to deal with purchasing two new warehouses and being the GC for the offices and showrooms and HVAC, Electrical, Sprinkler, Data, etc...

So needless to say my time for the past two months has been spent primarily on getting us moved out of here and into our two new locations.

Once the general layout of the wiki is decided on and we have the admins set and users and cats and sub cats all done, then my guys will put in the template to make it look a lot nicer.

I personally do not know how long it will take me to fix the wiki or organize it as i will probably be busy till end of the year with the new warehouses. I am definitly hoping it can be finished way before this.

Another thing we are almost finished with is our hosting site.

www.pleasurehosting.net

we will be incorporating this into the new site when we launch hopefully by year end as well. The hosting site will be an added benefit for those that shop at painfulpleasures.com.

ie have deals where if you purchase so much a month or year you get free hosting etc...

I do have big plans for all of these projects and hopefully they can all tie intogether nicely and be completed around the same time for when we launch the new sites.

Thanks again for the help
    marc

8. painful

we finally started the theme of the wiki

ive noticed a couple definitions popping up which is great. but for about a week, in case you had any desire, try to hold off till we get it all squared away.. that way nothing is lost as we continue work with the templates

Thanks again

9. lexiarein

lexiarein New Member

HAHAHA, I went to that pleasurehosting.net, I like the banner in the top right

10. painful

the wiki is getting close...

again just wanted to make sure incase anyone thought it looked complete. Don't add any definitions just yet..

We have the basic template installed. now we are working on categories, sub categories and words that will need definitions..

once we get all these up and running we will post a HOW TO, basically we want to follow a format that is consistent with wikipedia, ie layout, structure of articles etc...
    so we will post how its done once we are ready for people to start adding the defs.

Thanks again

11. iamblackbird

Cool. Thanks for the update

12. Juliesc

Juliesc New Member

Is there any update on the wiki? where can I see this? Is this a separate site from body jewelry forum?

13. Scooter

This project is, at the monent, on hold. Painful is gearing up for a major revamp of the store and forum and until then, many things are on the back burner.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.