1. Welcome to the Painful Pleasures community! New members, please read the Rules of the Forum before posting. You should also introduce yourself here before submitting any other posts. If you're interested in sharing photos of your body mods, please read the Rules of the Gallery first. At any time, you can use the "Start a Conversation" feature to get private help from our moderators, Angel on the Edge, Dnd4evr, Rainbird, xXJarredXx, Revs, and Craftsman. Enjoy the forum!

Christina?

Discussion in 'Genital Piercings' started by Mashy, Nov 19, 2010.

1. Mashy New Member

Message Count:
    Anyone here experienced this one yet? My piercer recommended it to me and I'm seriously considering it, but I haven't come across too much information on it. I know it is a surface piercing and is more for looks than pleasure, but I'm one of those people who likes to research things before jumping in. Thanks in advance!
  2. Rainbird The Pierced Godmother

Message Count:
    Hi Mashy,
    This is what wiki has to say about the christina. I chose a triangle over this piercing because of the issues around rejection and waxing. I hate having any pubic hair and the thought of not being able to keep my waxing up to date or having to return to shaving made my decision for me.
    Let us know what you decide and if you have any questions please come back with them
    WIKI
    "A Christina piercing, also less commonly known as a Venus piercing, is a female genital piercing. It is located where the outer labia meet, below the pubic mound.[1] Unless the recipient has an extremely sympathetic anatomy, Christinas are usually considered surface piercings and have a high rejection rate. Due to anatomical variation, it is not possible with every woman. The piercing does not facilitate sexual stimulation and can be found uncomfortable when pressure is applied, for example when wearing tight pants.

The Christina piercing, like most surface piercings, is of contemporary origin. The first known Christina piercing was performed by Tom Brazda of Stainless Studios in the 1990s. As is common practice in the piercing industry, it was named after the first recipient of the piercing, a woman named Christina. It is also occasionally referred to by the less commonly used term Venus, in reference to its placement. The piercing usually heals in 3 to 4 months. Because it involves a surface piercing, it can lead to complications during the healing phase. Further difficulties develop due to the relatively long piercing canal and constant movement and friction. In addition to infection, the Christina piercing also is inclined to wash out. As soon as it is completely healed, the jewelry should be taken out before shaving the intimate vulva or mons pubis areas.
    Christinas are usually pierced with either a custom made circular barbell or surface bar, to reduce the risk of rejection. If the recipient's anatomy allows for it, a captive bead ring can be worn either as initial jewelry or inserted after the piercing has fully healed."
  3. Mashy New Member

Message Count:
    Thanks for the quick response. I've actually been splurging on laser hair removal and its amazing, very little regrowth after a year of treatments. No worries about waxing for me, and the little shaving between treatments isn't an issue.
    My piercer actually is also my laser hair removal guy - he owns a day spa/hair studio with piercing on site. He's great, checks out my piercings when I'm in for other treatments so the service is amazing - he catches any possible problems before they happen.
    I'm going to book my appointment for after Christmas, hopefully my anatomy allows for it! I'll keep everyone here updated.
  4. Rainbird The Pierced Godmother

Message Count:
    Hi Mashy,
    Brilliant, I know what you mean about the splurging though, it so expensive here.
    The set up you have found sounds great and since he recommended the Christina to you I am assuming that he is also experienced in genital piercing and has done them before???
    There is a thread going which allows you to post a review of the shop/parlour/studio, perhaps you would like to write up your Christina piercing experience (or any others) for us and tell us about his studio, where it is etc? It would be really great for our members looking for somewhere in their locality, that is well thought of, to go for their new piercings..
    Looking forward to hearing from you again.