1. Welcome to the Painful Pleasures community! New members, please read the Rules of the Forum before posting. You should also introduce yourself here before submitting any other posts. If you're interested in sharing photos of your body mods, please read the Rules of the Gallery first. At any time, you can use the "Start a Conversation" feature to get private help from our moderators, Angel on the Edge, Dnd4evr, Rainbird, xXJarredXx, Revs, and Craftsman. Enjoy the forum!

How long should I wait to go up a gauge

Discussion in 'All Things Stretched' started by jbeaty358, Oct 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jbeaty358 New Member

Message Count:
    I was just curious, my tattoo/body piecer said your supposed to wait about 2 months to go up a gauge, but he only makes me wait about a month (if we went up two gauges) or 2 weeks (if we went up one gauge). Is this ok? I mean my ears have always fully healed by the time I go to the parlor to move up a gauge, and I always do my aftercare.
  2. stacker55_mod New Member

Message Count:
    for people as impatient as me i couldnt wait, but i also didnt know the propper way to stretch

** THIS INFORMATION IS HARMFULL AND SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED BY ANYONE **

i got my ears gunned (mistake #1) then started gauging them within the month. i went from 20 to 14, then to 10 (using claws, not tapers), then i went from 10 to 4 using a taper, and went from 4 to 0 using a glass taper-esque jewelry, all the while never waiting more than a month to stretch again. this has caused ripping and tearing in every stretch i have done and has made a decent deal of scar tissue, thankfully they are both relatively straight and havent migrated and they dont hurt too much. however since i have joined this site i have learned the correct method to stretching and i'm letting my ears heal untill after new years using vit. e oil. i only hope that when i get old and might want them out that my ears still have some elasticity.

** THE INFORMATION ABOVE IS HARMFULL AND SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED BY ANYONE **

to properly stretch you should ONLY go one size at a time, wait 2ish months in between each stretch, use vitamine E oil on your lobes at least once a day and use propper aftercare like you had just gotten them pierced. metal tapers are usually easier because they are smoother and give you a slower taper from start to finish. most also have concave backs to seamlessly insert jewelry. they are however expensive for someone wanting to go high up.

my advice is to go to  your piercer on your own time table and have him stretch them using lubrication and you wait the time we have told you before you go back. its cheaper, safer, and usually wields better results
  3. iamblackbird Little Miss Apocalypse

Message Count:
    CLICK ME!

The above link will tell you what you need to know about stretching properly.

Please note: The longer you wait, the better. The MINIMUM TIME BETWEEN STRETCHES IS ONE MONTH, and that's ONLY if you go up ONLY ONE GAUGE. Skipping gauges is BAD BAD BAD and requires a MUCH longer healing time.
  4. jbeaty358 New Member

Message Count:
    The reason I ask is because I was at 10 ga and when the piercer went to put in the 8 ga tunel they slipped right in and he said it would be safe to go up 2 ga from a 10 ga to a 6  ga, but what scared me was it bled a little bit, which to meant there had to be ripping of the skin involved. So a month though, thanks for the input.
  5. jbeaty358 New Member

Message Count:
    The reason I ask is because I was at 10 ga and when the piercer went to put in the 8 ga tunel they slipped right in and he said it would be safe to go up 2 ga from a 10 ga to a 6  ga, but what scared me was it bled a little bit, which to meant there had to be ripping of the skin involved. So a month though, thanks for the input.
  6. stacker55_mod New Member

Message Count:
    a good piercer knows how to do his job. ripping is doing a BAD job.
  7. iamblackbird Little Miss Apocalypse

Message Count:
    Going up more than one gauge at a time is TROUBLE.

Don't allow him/her to stretch your lobes any faster.
  8. Buzz Kill New Member

Message Count:
    Ripping is not a good sign, this could lead to some trouble with scar tissue down the line. Make sure once its healed you do vitamin e massages
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.