1. Welcome to the Painful Pleasures community! New members, please read the Rules of the Forum before posting. You should also introduce yourself here before submitting any other posts. If you're interested in sharing photos of your body mods, please read the Rules of the Gallery first. At any time, you can use the "Start a Conversation" feature to get private help from our moderators, Angel on the Edge, Dnd4evr, Rainbird, xXJarredXx, Revs, and Craftsman. Enjoy the forum!
    Dismiss Notice

New piercing at the "flat"

Discussion in 'Ear Piercings' started by Kranson, Apr 14, 2017.

1. Kranson

Kranson New Member

Hi everyone, I have new piercings (one week old) in the flat of my upper ear. This is my second go round with this. The last time I got nodules that grew up like little donuts and nearly "swallowed" my little studs. So I took them out, waited 8 wks, had them done again (by an A.P.P. certified piercer) on 4/4/17. How long should I expect them to stay red? They are very grumpy. I am doing saline sprays and washing with Provon. I sleep with one of those airline shoulder pillows so my ear doesnt touch the pillow. Any advice? I really love them and really want to care for them exactly as I should. BTW, I have a pic if that helps. Thx :)

2. dnd4evr

dnd4evr Super Moderator Staff Member

I am not sure what you mean by the "flat". If it's cartilage, they can take a while and be difficult. An industrial can take a year to heal. If you have swelling and it engulfs the jewelry the bar may be too short. If it's scar tissue growth you can try nopull piercing discs. PP does not sell them and I can't give you a link, but a search should turn them up.

Other than that, I would avoid the direct use of soap on your piercing. If you don't get it all rinsed out it can clog thing up and dried soap on raw flesh just doesn't seem like a good idea.