1. Welcome to the Painful Pleasures community! New members, please read the Rules of the Forum before posting. You should also introduce yourself here before submitting any other posts. If you're interested in sharing photos of your body mods, please read the Rules of the Gallery first. At any time, you can use the "Start a Conversation" feature to get private help from our moderators, Angel on the Edge, Dnd4evr, Rainbird, xXJarredXx, Revs, and Craftsman. Enjoy the forum!

Nose bump (pics inside)

Discussion in 'Healing and Aftercare Forum' started by xonicolemarie, Apr 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xonicolemarie New Member

Message Count:
    Okay, so apparently I have the dreaded nose bump....I dont believe it is a keloid but here is some info about it:

- It goes away and then comes back, but this time its stayed for a while
    - Its red but shows white(puss) inside
    - its not a pimple
    -my nose stud is constantly hitting the bump and if i leave it alone for a while and then move the stud to look at the bump, sometimes the bump has been leaking puss over it, im guessing the stud kinda popped it (this is all what I assume from what I ssee)
    - if i play with the bump for long (aka try popping it- NO I DONT DO THIS, DW) then the bubble gets filled with blood, and just looks like a red bump(puss dissapears even though I havent actually popped it)
    - it was pierced with a needle
    - The stud is Surgical stainless steel
    - it is tender to the touch

Any tips of how to get rid of it?

Sorry the pics arent great and dont really show the white pull...(nose is red because i had just cleaned it with saline)

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/843/mississauga201204230040.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/825/mississauga201204230040.jpg/
  2. Rainbird The Pierced Godmother

Message Count:
    Hi,
    Unfortunately I can't get either of he links to your pics to work but perhaps you can upload them to the gallery or attach them to this for us to see.
    Can you tell us how long you have had the piercing?
    and what aftercare you have been following, including the frequency?
    When the bump appeared ?
    Did you get it pierced by a pro and if so have you been back to them?
    I'm thinking about the sterility of the needle and the stud here too..
    Will try to help with a bit more info.
  3. xonicolemarie New Member

Message Count:
    Hey, I have had the piercing for almost three months now (pretty much healed now excpet for this bump)
    Aftercare I have followed is unscented soap with water and saline solution.
    Bump appeared a month into the piercing and has been coming and going since then
    I have not been back to the place I went to but they were a tattoo shop and showed me all the needles in their package before use as well as the stud (both unopened)

try again, hope it works! Copy and paste, and get rid of the space before the jpg
    imageshack.us/photo/my-images/843/mississauga201204230040. jpg/

imageshack.us/photo/my-images/825/mississauga201204230040. jpg/
  4. xonicolemarie New Member

Message Count:
    update: so I had been using tea bag hot compresses as well as sea salk soak and a bit of tea tree oil and what had happened twice is that it dried up, bump completely came off cuz it was so hard and dry, and then underneath that one was a smaller one trying to form...
  5. Rainbird The Pierced Godmother

Message Count:
    Stop using any soap on the fistula and do sea salt soaks , no stronger than 1/4 tsp
    to 8 oz of water twice a day, if your skin is dry you can add a few drops of tea tree oil. It sounds to me as though you have a mild infection so do not stop the sss. Healing tme 3 to 4 months but can be longer and if you have an infection will definately be longer.
    BTW, if you smoke try to stop for at least the healing time.
    Good luck, please let us know how you get on.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.