1. Welcome to the Painful Pleasures community! New members, please read the Rules of the Forum before posting. You should also introduce yourself here before submitting any other posts. If you're interested in sharing photos of your body mods, please read the Rules of the Gallery first. At any time, you can use the "Start a Conversation" feature to get private help from our moderators, Angel on the Edge, Dnd4evr, Rainbird, xXJarredXx, Revs, and Craftsman. Enjoy the forum!

Please Share your Scarification Experiences!

Discussion in 'Scarification' started by Illyria Jade_mod, Feb 10, 2005.

1. Illyria Jade_mod New Member

Message Count:
    The purpose of this thread is to share experiences so that other people can read it and get an idea of what to expect when getting a scarification!

Your post can be as long or short as you like, but please try to cover the following points when you post ::

• Where is your scarification located?
    • How was your scarification done (professional or DIY, what tool was used)?
    • How large was your scarification?
    • How painful was your scarification experience?
    • How long was it painful after the scarification process?
    • Did you irritate (the process of keeping the scarification from healing? How did you irritate? How long did you irritate (days, weeks, etc))?
    • How long did it take to heal fully (no more crusties, no pain, etc)?
    • Did you have any problems, like clothing rubbing, not enough scarring, etc?
    • Does your scar affect you differently than it did prior to getting it (get comments, do you regret it, etc)?
  2. iamblackbird Little Miss Apocalypse

Message Count:
    • Where is your scarification located? On my upper right thigh
    • How was your scarification done (professional or DIY, what tool was used)? DIY. I'm dumb! i used a scalpel.
    • How large was your scarification? About 4x3 inches. I think.
    • How painful was your scarification experience? Very.
    • How long was it painful after the scarification process? Not that painful. Just sore.
    • Did you irritate (the process of keeping the scarification from healing? I picked at the scabs, and rubbed it alot, for probably 3 weeks.
    • How long did it take to heal fully (no more crusties, no pain, etc)? A month.
    • Did you have any problems, like clothing rubbing, not enough scarring, etc? It bled alot, and was hard to do. Some areas have scarred more than others.
    • Does your scar affect you differently than it did prior to getting it (get comments, do you regret it, etc)? Even though it's somewhat overused as a symbol, I like it. It does mean quite a bit to me, especially since it WAS self done. Ah, the paradox.
  3. Illyria Jade_mod New Member

Message Count:
    I have multiple scarifications (done myself, I was a cutter)...
    a cross on the back of my left hand, a little design on my left shouder, once cut the hell out of my stomach, have a box with an x in it on my ankle, and a burn from a car cigarette lighter on my outer right thigh.

The pain was the point...the entire reason for doing it. It was a bad time in my life.

I would redo them every night, over and over, until they stayed. The only visible ones now are the one on my shouder, my hand and my thigh, and even those aren't very noticible.

I regret them...I'll cover them up eventually. I plan on an etching (rings of desire) on my shoulder to cover it up. the cross is barely noticible, and i just have fun freaking people out when they see my circle on my thigh and ask what happened...I tell them I was abducted by aliens and came back with it.
  4. iamblackbird Little Miss Apocalypse

Message Count:
    All of my cutting scars (the ones I did not for aesthetic reasons, but for the other, depressive reasons) are on my ankle as straight, horizontal lines, or on my wrists...as straight, horizontal lines. There is one on my ankle that went deep enough a few times that it severed some nerves. half of my right foot is numb, permanently. Oops. Other than that, I'm like, barcode girl.

Do I regret these? Not really. It symbolizes a much sadder girl who no longer exists in me. Its a reminder that I can get through anything.
  5. iamblackbird Little Miss Apocalypse

Message Count:
    • Where is your scarification located? Upper right thigh.
    • How was your scarification done (professional or DIY, what tool was used)? By Ria, she finished what I'd started, long ago. We used sterile scalpels.
    • How large was your scarification? It's...4x3", ish.
    • How painful was your scarification experience? Let's see...first sitting, kinda, second sitting, hellatious, third sitting, only the needles stung.
    • How long was it painful after the scarification process? Adding up all the time together...probably 4 hours or so.
    • Did you irritate (the process of keeping the scarification from healing? How did you irritate? How long did you irritate (days, weeks, etc))? I irritate it by pulling off the bandage. That's all I really needed to do.
    • How long did it take to heal fully (no more crusties, no pain, etc)? Let's see....I'm going to say it was about a month and a half before the wound closed totally, and it's still in the process of keloiding.
    • Did you have any problems, like clothing rubbing, not enough scarring, etc? ITCH.
    • Does your scar affect you differently than it did prior to getting it (get comments, do you regret it, etc)? I do not regret it at all. When anyone sees it, I get a handful of varying reactions...many people are confused by it.
  6. imthecoolkid_mod New Member

Message Count:
    i just wanted to say that that was an inspiringl post blackbird :)

i've been reading more into scarrification recently. it's really very interesting.

i already have "sinner" carved into my leg (ugh, this is what religion does to people like me -.-) i've grown accustomed to it and now i almost like it. no one sees it of course, but it's part of me now so i have to live with it. other than that i have a cross on my upper arm.

everyone tends to think i don't know what i'm talking about or even what i'm really doing when it comes to mods because i'm so young...and they have a point...but they are very important to me.

now i should go look at pics ^.^
  7. iamblackbird Little Miss Apocalypse

Message Count:
    Thanks.

Time brings knowledge about the modification culture....and about the self. Be open to everything.
  8. JxDizzle New Member

Message Count:
    • Where is your scarification located? Right Thigh
    • How was your scarification done (professional or DIY, what tool was used)? DIY, with a straight razor
    • How large was your scarification? It's...4x10"
    • How painful was your scarification experience? Didn't feel a thing
    • How long was it painful after the scarification process? no pain, done in 5 hours..
    • Did you irritate (the process of keeping the scarification from healing? How did you irritate? How long did you irritate (days, weeks, etc))? kept it covered
    • How long did it take to heal fully (no more crusties, no pain, etc)? about a month, and now you can barely see it.
    • Did you have any problems, like clothing rubbing, not enough scarring, etc? clothing rubbing which led to bleeding
    • Does your scar affect you differently than it did prior to getting it (get comments, do you regret it, etc)? no regrets, it's a reminder of how EDIT up my life has been, and how much better things are now..
  9. CianRyan New Member

Message Count:
    i have my ex girlfriends name cut into my upper tighs from the "bad old days"

and i wish i could get rid of it, but tbh it doesnt look like its budging, not in a place peple would be looking anyway though so i guess its ok.

i dont regret it tbh because it reminds me that its never worth cutting again.

and apart fomr that, i have a weird looking scar on my left arm that i did oe nigh when i was drnk with my mates, we agree'd that if he could cut me i could brand his face, my scar is almost gone, his branding isnt! hahaha
    so i think i came out on top, he's left with the shape of the top of a lighter just under his eye!
  10. kyryah New Member

Message Count:
    Both of my upper arms are extensively scarred. I cut myself a lot when I was a teen. I also carved a rose into my leg, at the side of my knee. All of this was done with a razor blade. The rose that I carved I rubbed with tattoo ink, and it left a permanant impression. That particular one I have had covered. The scars on my arms do not bother me one bit. People ask me what they are from, and I tell them. For much too long cutting has been a shameful thing. The amount of younger people that cut is astounding, and it needs to be recognized for what it is.

Kyryah
  11. Da MistakenGenius New Member

Message Count:
    I have about an 8'x3' scar done professionally on my lower left underarm. It was very painful, I love it (no regrets), and to irritate it I cleaned it with a baby toothbrush and toothpicks after taking my daily shower. The image is Hunter S. Thompson's famed Gonzo fist that is his final resting place.

[IMG]
    Instead of the word "gonzo" I had four circles carved into each other getting progressively smaller, then blue tattoo inked rubbed in them. The significance of the circles is really only funny to me and my friend who did the scar, it involves being stuck in a loop on some trip and thin blue circles in my mind.
    But anyway then we did the old tattoo trick where it looks like the knife is going into my skin for a couple inches and then comes back out using reverse shading.
    It took about a month to heal, my friend did it fairly deep with a few scalpels , and I did not have any healing problems. Like I said, I love it, I wouldn't trade it for the world.
  12. DisturbedBodyKandy New Member

Message Count:
    brian woood greensbura

• Where is your scarification located?back of my right calf
    • How was your scarification done (professional or DIY, what tool was used)?scaple and brian wood
    • How large was your scarification?10 in
    • How painful was your scarification experience?not bad
    • How long was it painful after the scarification process?non
    • Did you irritate (the process of keeping the scarification from healing? How did you irritate? How long did you irritate (days, weeks, etc))?
    • How long did it take to heal fully (no more crusties, no pain, etc)?
    • Did you have any problems, like clothing rubbing, not enough scarring, etc?
    • Does your scar affect you differently than it did prior to getting it (get comments, do you regret it, etc)?
  13. darkcrow343 Member

Message Count:
    I have my ex-fiancées name carved into my left fore arm, I also have a scar up my left hand from where I ripped a knife out of a guys hand to protect her, and a scar on my right fore arm from where she burned me with an iron (not to sure if the last two are relevant in this category or not but thought I would put them in anyway)

And like the rest of you I have no regrets, at a stage I loved her and what I did was what I felt I had to do, and it's a reminder to me that your actions no matter how right or important they seem will always have consequences.
  14. Kahrl_Beardly New Member

Message Count:
    It was located on my right thigh, it faded away.
    I did it myself with a straight razor used for shaving and an exacto knife.
    About 5 inches by 4 inches.
    I just cut, i did not remove my skin so it wasn't terrible.
    It was sore to the touch for a day or 2 after.
    I did not. Which was another part of the reason the scars didn't stay.
    Approximately 5 days.
    Not enough scarring.
    No.
  15. dinialtella Guest

Message Count:
    Yes

+1. this is very interesting

Note from Rainbird -
    I see that this is your first post at PP so I have been lenient and not deleted it.
    Please read the rules for us
    and then post on the introduce yourself thread, to let us know a bit more about you.
    The thread you have posted on is meant for an explanation of your own scarification experiences and not just a note that you are interested in what has been said.
    If you have any questions you can ask either myself or Jarred
    Rainbird