1. Welcome to the Painful Pleasures community! New members, please read the Rules of the Forum before posting. You should also introduce yourself here before submitting any other posts. If you're interested in sharing photos of your body mods, please read the Rules of the Gallery first. At any time, you can use the "Start a Conversation" feature to get private help from our moderators, Angel on the Edge, Dnd4evr, Rainbird, xXJarredXx, Revs, and Craftsman. Enjoy the forum!

Please Share your Stretching Experiences!

Discussion in 'All Things Stretched' started by Illyria Jade_mod, Feb 10, 2005.

1. KnOeFz New Member

Message Count:
    What body part did you stretch?
    • Lobes
    • Nipples
    • Navel
    • PA
    • Hafada

How did you stretch? (professionally, tapers, tape / what lube did you use, etc)
    • Tapers and KY jelly,
    • PTFE tape
    • Dead stretches and KY jelly

What gauge you started at and stretched to (14g to 12g, etc)?
    • Lobes 16g, now 1/2"
    • Nipples 12g, to 4g, downsized back to 8g
    • Navel 14g, now0g
    • PA 10g, now 2g
    • Hafada 10g, now 1/2"

How painful was your stretching experience?
    • Only nips hurt a bit with some stretches

How long was it painful after your stretch?
    • No pain, a little tigh feeling at most for a few hours.

How long did it take to heal fully (no more crusties, no pain, etc)?
    • No crusties after stretching (patience is a must!)

Did you have any problems, like blowouts or tearing?
    • Once when I was impatient and stretched my 2nd hafada to soon, it wouldn't heal right and rejected

Does your stretched area affect you differently than it did prior to stretching?
    •Not sure what's ment with this question?
  2. xxbl00dyr0sexx New Member

Message Count:
    • What body part did you stretch? Ears
    • How did you stretch? (professionally, tapers, tape / what lube did you use, etc) A combination of tapering, forcing, and scalpeling
    • What gauge you started at and stretched to (14g to 12g, etc)?
    Left ear: 20G - 18G (forcing), 18G - 12G (tapering), 12G - 6G (tapering), 6G - 2G (tapering), 2G - 00G (forcing), 00G - 7/16" (forcing), 7/16" - 1/2" (forcing), 1/2" - 5/8" (forcing)
    Right ear: 20G - 12G (scalpeling), 12G - 4G (tapering), 4G - 2G (tapering), 2G - 00G (tapering), 00G - 7/16" (forcing), 7/16" - 1/2" (forcing), 1/2" - 5/8" (forcing)
    • How painful was your stretching experience? The forcing and tapering could be not very to incredibly but the scalpeling is bearable but inside it's extremely.
    • How long was it painful after your stretch? A few days. It mostly only hurt when I slept on it.
    • How long did it take to heal fully (no more crusties, no pain, etc)? 1 week
    • Did you have any problems, like blowouts or tearing? Nope, thank god
    • Does your stretched area affect you differently than it did prior to stretching? Not really
  3. SirRENEE New Member

Message Count:
    What body part did you stretch?
    My earlobes.

How did you stretch? (professionally, tapers, tape / what lube did you use, etc)
    At first i used tapers but when i got to 14mm i switched to silicone plugs. I've used several different kind of lubes throughout my stretching experience; vitamin e oil, just plain old regular cooking oil (my friend suggested it, it didn't really work all that well and my cat kept licking my ears :s ) but the best so far has been bio oil.

What gauge you started at and stretched to (14g to 12g, etc)?
    I don't remember, 14g maybe?

How painful was your stretching experience?
    When i first started it was real painful because i was dry stretching them and i was real impatient and didn't wait for them to heal and i was skipping sizes but i'm much wiser now so it's practically painless.

How long was it painful after your stretch?
    When i was impatient they hurt for about a week after but now that i let them heal before going bigger only a few hours.

How long did it take to heal fully (no more crusties, no pain, etc)?
    It was different with each ear. My right ear healed up pretty quickly but i had some trouble with my left so it took quite some time.

Did you have any problems, like blowouts or tearing?
    I got several blowouts in my left ear but it wasn't because i was stretching too fast or anything it was because i was stretching near the scar of my first failed attempt at it and because i kept getting blowouts i had to wait even longer to stretch up than i did with my other ear.

Does your stretched area affect you differently than it did prior to stretching?
    Only in a good way.
  4. asantos2468 New Member

Message Count:
    • What body part did you stretch?
    Lobes

• How did you stretch? (professionally, tapers, tape / what lube did you use, etc) tapers at first then i just switched to popping in silicone tunnels

i started off with a 8 from a regular ear piercing and it surprisingly went very well

• How painful was your stretching experience?
    not bad, it started getting painful around the 5/8 + sizes.

• How long was it painful after your stretch?
    well usually it was just an hour but when i got to 5/8 to 11/16 to 3/4 it was pretty annoying, no bleeding just stinging and burning
    • How long did it take to heal fully (no more crusties, no pain, etc)?
    3-5 days.

• Did you have any problems, like blowouts or tearing?
    I'v never had a blow out or tearing but i had once slight bleeding.

• Does your stretched area affect you differently than it did prior to
    i love my stretched ears (3/4) i used to hate my ears and now i love them since they are all stretched out.
  5. jeremiahbravo New Member

Message Count:
    -Lobes
    • How did you stretch? (professionally, tapers, tape / what lube did you use, etc)
    -When I started stretching I was using acrylic tapers and plugs which I know now are like the devil of stretching alongside silicone.
    -My first stretch was from a 20g to a 14g. Where I'm at now is 11/16". My goal is to reach 1 1/2 inches.
    -To be honest, when I first started I didn't know much about what I was doing and just assumed it was supposed to hurt like holy hell so I thought nothing of all the pain. Oh, and there was pain. Ear puss and blood, aching, stinging. All of it was just so awful. Once I did my 00g stretch I finally decided to take the advice of professionals and stop stretching like I invented it. I used after care oils and hemp lotion and waited as long as it took to really see properly healed ears. My last painful stretch was 1/2" but by my own doing. I decided to use the worst possible tapers that had the smallest wearable area I've ever seen that, of course, just kept sliding out during the stretching process. After the third time reinserting the 1/2" taper i got the plugs to follow and after-cared the shit out of my ears.
    -My typical pain and ache period for my stretches prior to 9/16" varied from around an hour to four. The longest they hurt for was after my 0-00g stretch and that was for aroud 10 hours but what would you expect from almost doubling size??
    -If by "heal fully" you mean for more stretching, I gave them a minimum of 2 weeks. By then they appeared healed visually. However, my ears naturally take about a month to fully heal and regain elasticity. If by "healed fully" you just mean the ridding of pain and nasty afterstretch residue, about 3 or 4 days.
    -I've had tearing at the 00g mark. Too big of a stretch without enough time to heal. That was my mistake and could have easily been avoided had I just been more patient.
    • Does your stretched area affect you differently than it did prior to stretching?
    -They look sweet lol. I guess, I'm just glad to finally be close to what I want to look like and they're definitely making me feel better about it.

Additional note: Take as much time as possible between stretches. I wait no more than 2 months before a stretch now and haven't felt an ounce of pain since my 1/2" move. Definitely recommend patience.
  6. Angel on the Edge Administrator

Message Count:
    Hi Jeremiah,

Welcome to the Painful Pleasures community! Please take a moment to tell us a bit more about yourself in the Introduce Yourself area. Also, please read the Rules of the Forum at your convenience. If you have any questions about or problems with the forum or gallery, feel free to reach out to our moderators (in addition to me), Rainbird, xXJarredXx, and Dnd4evr.

That's quite a stretching journey you had! We always say that slow and steady wins the race when it comes to stretching. It's the kind of thing most people should definitely take their time doing to avoid issues like blowouts and tears. I'm glad you didn't have more problems than you did during the process.

Now that you're close to where you want to be size-wise, you should check out some of the awesome new plugs we have. These are a couple of my favorites:
    • Our Limitless line now includes 3 types of customizeable plugs, where you can either have an image laser-etched on a wooden insert that goes in our stainless steel double flare tunnels, have a solid wood plug laser-etched with a design of your choice, or send us a picture (or use one of ours) to have a resin-coated design of your choice mounted in our tunnels. You'll find all those options here: http://painfulpleasures.com/xcart/customer/home.php?cat=602.
    • The first few rows of plugs on http://painfulpleasures.com/xcart/customer/home.php?cat=16 are brand new. I love the ones with animals carved in them and the leather animals in wood tunnels are cool, too. You might prefer the Synthesis plugs, though; we have ones that merge bone and stainless steel, steel and gold, etc.
    If you're interested in buying anything, let me know if you'd like a coupon and I'll hook you up. :)
    All the Best,
    Laura
  7. tobadfortrouble Member

Message Count:
    lobes
    • How did you stretch? (professionally, tapers, tape / what lube did you use, etc)
    tapers, silicones, plugged
    16-10
    10-6
    6-2
    2-0
    0-00
    00-1/2"
    1/2"-9/16"
    not to painful, i got used to the feeling and now(strangly) i like the feeling lol
    • How long was it painful after your stretch?longest was 3 days but ussually only a couple hours.
    longest was a week but ussually only a few days
    yes. i had minor tears evertime i skipped sizes but it went away in a matter of days of streatching (cuz i clean mine ALL the time) i just gauged up to a 9/16" last night using silicones ....didnt even hurt a little... a little swollen, but the swelling had went away after i woke up this morning.
    • Does your stretched area affect you differently than it did prior to stretching?
    it feels different i love when people stare at them, or ask about them:) i can stick my pinky pretty much all the way through :) i have steel screw back plugs in now, i dont even feel them... if anyone needs more info about my streatching or wants to have my old plugs ( i santized them VERY thoroughly ....:germiphob:) email me at
    dubst3pluv3r@gacollege411.org .......if you wanna talk about whatever too email me. idc cuz i have no life lol:D
  8. ashleypoledouris New Member

Message Count:
    Ears and Septum!

With my ears I used tapers at first but once I got to 5/8 I started using tape and weights but with my septum I used tapers.

My ears I was a ditz and went from a 22g to a 8g. I'm honestly surprised I didn't rip the hell out of my ears or blow them out. They stretched normal and I really had no issues with them up until recently. For my septum I did the normal process 14g to 12g and so forth I didn't skip sizes at all all the way to a 2g.

My ears I had relative pain, some swelling but nothing too bad! My septum was awful! It makes your eyes water, your nose runs, and I had a sneezing fit hahah.

My ears the pain only lasted a few hours and I got over it but with my septum it lasted till about the next day.

Ears about 2 days, I could twist and move the taper or plug with no pain. With my septum it look about a week till I could move it with zero pain and there were no crusties.

Never with my septum. Not so sure on my ears, I think I may have blown out my right ear though when I went from 1inch to 1 1/8... not too sure to be 100% honest.

Well it's harder to sleep haha my plugs always leave this like ring on the side of my face because I don't take them out at night hah. But there was nothing really with my septum it just got a little annoying when I tried to wipe my nose, and that was actually why I took it out. That and it smelled awful at times.
  9. dnd4evr Super Moderator

Message Count:
    I just approved your 3rd posting. All future postings will go up immediately. Thanks for sharing your experience.
  10. robomatticus9284 New Member

Message Count:
    Lobes (3 times) and Septum

All three times on the lobes I used tapers and if I didn't have any that were the correct size I wrapped them in plumber's tape. The septum also used tapers. As for lube...I know some will find this silly or not needed but I use Neosporin. It's gets it nice and slick plus assists in the healing.

Ears always started gunned at 14 or 16. First stretch went to 1" then I had surgery to close them up prior to joining the Marines. Second time was after my Marine experience and I went to 1/2", then I had them fixed *again* while I was considering other life paths. When I decided to not let how I look affect my decisions I started again and am now at 5/8. The septum started out at a 14 or a 12, can't remember. I less than gradually started going up and as of today, one year later, I'm at a 00 (still throbbing haha).

Pain wise, lobes were never bad unless I slept on one of them for the entire night, everything was fine. The septum on the other hand...I don't care how manly you are, that shit hurts. Going from a 4 to a 2 was rough, but now going from a 0 to a 00...OUCH! The 4 to 2 only hurt for about a week and crusted about a month. The recent stretch to a 00 shouldn't be too bad as I waited 7 months to do it (waited that long because I kinda sped through the 12 to 0 steps, but not bad enough to damage it).

Ears healed fairly quickly, I'd say a month or less for the larger sizes. Septum took awhile but it wasn't bad, maybe 2 to 3 months?

No complications with the lobes or septum as of yet, other than the random bop in the nose. You'll never realize how much you hit yourself in the nose until you have your septum done.

Neither piercing has really affected me in the slightest.
  11. dnd4evr Super Moderator

Message Count:
    Welcome to the Painful Pleasures community robomatticus9284! Please take a moment to tell us a bit more about yourself in the Introduce Yourself area. Also, please read the Rules of the Forum at your convenience. If you have any questions about the forum or gallery, feel free to reach out to me or our other moderators, Angel on the Edge, Rainbird and xXJarredXx.

In our battle against spammers, your first three posts will have to be manually approved as I've done here, then they will go live instantly after that.

The larger gauges are definitely a harder stretch. Smaller in between steps is a lot easier and less painful. For ears people use plumbers tape and I used heat shrink on my PA with a bent barbell.
  12. Fyrebourne69 Member

Message Count:
    Nipples
    Tapers
    Stretched from 8g to 6g
    Twinge of pain when inserting a CBR
    Unknown... just finished stretching an hour ago
    unknown
    So far none
    Slight more pain than last stretching experience.

UPDATE:

Due to needing to have an MRI done on my chest I had to take out my nipple piercing for about 6 hours... Which caused them to nearly completely close off! So I am back to square one of my stretching again. So 12guage and hopefully can go up a size soon.
  13. Snuspus New Member

Message Count:
    -Lobes
    -Used tapers and a baby oil.
    -I really don't understand what sort of mesurment you guys are using, so I'll just write in in mm.
    Started on 1mm, then 2-3-4-6. As soon as it's healed I'll go up to 8mm.
    -First time I did was a little painfull, because I didn't use any lobe or oil, but after I've been using a baby oil and stretching doesn't hurt at all.
    -Few minutes.
    -Well hard to say. The first sizes healed very quick, but I've gotten an infection now at 6mm, so guess this will take some time.
    -Infeced right now, working on getting it away, but it's starting to look better!
    - I don't notice they are there, but they are so small yet. It's really fun, and I when people ask about it.
  14. dnd4evr Super Moderator

Message Count:
    Ah, now I have an idea on why you have had some issues. FYI, when stretching use water based lubricants only. Baby oil is perfumed mineral oil and it's a petroleum distillate. Stretching can produce small tears and perfumes can irritate an open wound. Also, the oil can trap foreign materials which can promote bacterial growth. Water based lubricants (like KY) dissolve and wash away easily so it is less likely to cause problems.

Now you know for future stretches. ;)
    Snuspus likes this.
  15. pidjones Member

Message Count:
    Snuspus, they use wire gauge sizes (like copper house wire). There is a conversion chart on here somewhere.... I know that 12g is 2mm, but as gauge goes down, diameter goes up!
    Snuspus likes this.
  16. dnd4evr Super Moderator

Message Count:
  17. pidjones Member

Message Count:
    Although I've only been pierced for six weeks today, I'm looking forward to a stretch. Presently 14g in left nipple and doing SO well. At one year I plan to stretch to 12g. Even ordered the jewelry (from PP of course) today. Already have the taper for it. Doubt I'll ever go beyond 10g. Reading the experiences and suggestions here has prepared me. Doesn't make the time pass faster, though. Anticipation..... At least I get new 14g bling put in tomorrow (1/2 instead of the 9/16 that it started with in case of swelling).
  18. pidjones Member

Message Count:
    I've been a baaaad boy. My 12g barbell came in, and since the 14g felt so loose and free.... Installed the 12g taper, lubed it up, and it slid right in! I really like the larger balls (6mm), but may go back to the 14g bronze set (at least the 4mm balls) to not show at work and church.
  19. dnd4evr Super Moderator

Message Count:
    Worried about church? Think God might find out? Since a lightning bolt hasn't struck you dead yet, I think you are in the clear... lol.
  20. pidjones Member

Message Count:
    God is never the problem in church, or anywhere.