1. Welcome to the Painful Pleasures community! New members, please read the Rules of the Forum before posting. You should also introduce yourself here before submitting any other posts. If you're interested in sharing photos of your body mods, please read the Rules of the Gallery first. At any time, you can use the "Start a Conversation" feature to get private help from our moderators, Angel on the Edge, Dnd4evr, Rainbird, xXJarredXx, Revs, and Craftsman. Enjoy the forum!

Self PA Piercing

Discussion in 'Genital Piercings' started by sid221088, Jul 30, 2013.

1. sid221088 New Member

Message Count:
    hi i am after some advice on doing my pa it seems an easy one to do my self do they bleed and do i need numbing cream im just ordering my kit now anyone got any pointers i've been loking for videos but can't find any
  2. dnd4evr Super Moderator

Message Count:
    I just approved your 3rd posting. All future postings will go up immediately.

Yes, I found my PA fairly easy to do. I placed it about 5/8" down because I thought it left enough skin and seemed positioned in a good location relative to the glans. I pierced mine at 10g. I would not pierce smaller than 12g. A PA has a tendency to stretch especially in the smaller gauges. By the time my 10g was healed I was able to slide an 8 guage right in without any effort. Healing time is fairly quick as well.

Stretching a PA is fairly easy as well. However when you get up near 2g it can become harder. If you go that large and have problems, get back to me.

I did my own nipple piercings and yes, the hurt quit a bit. I was fully expecting my frenum to hurt and I was amazed that I saw the needle go through the skin before I ever felt it. The PA was similar. I doubt you will need the numbing cream, but if you have it and want to use it then by all means do. The worst part is when the heal of the bevel of the needle cuts through and it is only for a moment.

Yes, I found mine bled quite a bit, but I am on an aspirin regimen and I did not halt it prior to piercing. Don't make that mistake. Also, some foods, medications and alcohol can promote bleeding as well so research and be aware. Be prepared. I would remove all clothing below the waste and position over a bucket. Have your gauze and other supplies handy. I found a feminine napkin does a wonderful job or absorbing blood which is what it was designed for. Just wrap it around and tape it in place. It's a lot easier to do that then stand in the shower for an hour or so.

One of the worst parts of doing the PA for me was getting the needle through the urethra. The damn thing is tough. Get a needle pusher.

I pierced mine from the outside to the inside. This could cause you to injure the other side of the urethra and unless you are trying to perform an apadravya, it's something you should avoid. A beveled receiving tube is a wonderful thing. You slide it down the urethra and feel for the opening at the location you want to pierce. The tube catches the needle tip and protects your urethra. Stop with the needle about half way in and push it the rest of the way through using your new jewelry. I opted for a BBB, but screwing the bead on with blood covered fingers very difficult. A circular barbell might be a better choice.

Good luck and let us know how you make out.
  3. h2o New Member

Message Count:
    Did mine some years ago and I used numbing cream. Maybe should have dunked a shot of Bourbon just to steady the hands.
    Yea, I know it thins the blood. started with a 12ga and ended up stretching to a 2ga. Funny now that I think back on it.

Odd how something can be so personal.....not as if I go around showing it off....do feel the need for some ink just cant seem to make up my mind what I want....my be next year.
  4. dnd4evr Super Moderator

Message Count:
    Welcome to the Painful Pleasures community! Please take a moment to tell us a bit more about yourself in the Introduce Yourself area. Also, please read the Rules of the Forum at your convenience.

The gallery is available for viewing or posting. At this time you have to create another log in ID for that as well. The same user name and password can be used if you wish. Without a log in you will be able to see non-mature content, but you will not be able to post there or view mature content.

If you have any questions about the forum or gallery, feel free to reach out to me or our other moderators, Angel on the Edge, Rainbird, Craftsman and xXJarredXx.

In our battle against spammers, your first three posts will have to be manually approved as I've done here, then they will go live instantly after that.

I have not shown mine off either, but I have posted it before. I have told very few people about it. Most are ok about it, but I am sure there are some who would judge.
  5. sid221088 New Member

Message Count:
    How much blood are we talking I keep Tring to find videos but there just of lads faces any idea where I can find some?
  6. dnd4evr Super Moderator

Message Count:
    I stood in my shower for about 10 minutes, got tired of it and decided to put on the feminine pad. As I understand it's a fairly steady dripping (no shooting streams of blood) for maybe an hour. Not significant in terms of harmful blood loss. You won't get weak or cold or need a transfusion, but you will likely soak through a gauze pad or two. The amount is certainly less than when giving a pint of blood.

The corpora cavernosa is the major source of blood in the penis and you will not be piercing it so you are in no danger of anything more than a mess. Remember John Bobbitt had his cut off and he did not bleed to death. Some people don't clot well so just be aware and if you seem to not be clotting after say 2 hours you might want to consider additional measures. Some blood seepage might occur on and off for a few days after the initial clotting and is normal. Usually as a result of an erection.
  7. sid221088 New Member

Message Count:
    todays the day, the only other question i have is what will happen if i get an erection with in hrs of doing it do i need to worry? i've torn my frenulum but still have forskin will i be able to do it straight there is a little line of scar tissue will this matter? where do i upload a pic once i've done it???
  8. dnd4evr Super Moderator

Message Count:
    Your frenulum location is probably fine. It should be at least 1/2" down from your urethral opening. That will give you room in case you wish to stretch in the future. The scar tissue may be tougher to go through than regular skin, but I have pierced through my own scar tissue before and to me the urethra seemed tougher.

You can upload pictures to our gallery. You should be able to log in using the same e-mail you used to setup your forum account. Here is the link to a discussion on logging in.

http://bodyjewelryforum.painfulpleasures.com/threads/probably-a-stupid-question.19736/

If you have any problems, let us know or contact Angel on the Edge via PM.
  9. boonerkins Member

Message Count:
    When you do the piercing, you will most likely have an erection as it is hard not to given the location and excitement.....so it will most likely bleed and if you aren't familiar with this type of piercing, you might start to think it is bleeding a lot but blood has a tendency to look a lot worse than it really is. dnd4evr is correct in saying to have all your clothes off and be over a bucket or something and to have lots of absorbent materials, such as feminine pads.
    If you get an erection later it could start to bleed quite a bit again....so have a few feminine pads ready....and when you go to bed that night, place a blanket underneath you in case it bleeds in the night. When I did mine, I had an erection in my sleep that night and was awakened by the wet feeling of blood with soaked bed sheets....was throwing all my bedding in the washing machine at 3am so they wouldn't be stained....lol. One thing I always wondered might help with the bleeding is if a person masturbated right before doing the piercing as most men after they "cum" lose their erections....might be worth a try. Let us know how it goes for ya! :)
  10. sid221088 New Member

Message Count:
    all done, bloody hell its tough to get needle through, i tried your method boonerkins as its gonna be 6 weeks till i can have sex and masturbating just before worked only a couple of drops of blood i'll upload a pic and put a link on :)
  11. sid221088 New Member

Message Count:
    just tried to upload a pic it said it had but it then had unpublished is this normal???
  12. Angel on the Edge Administrator

Message Count:
    Hi Sid,

Yes, that's normal because all photos have to go through moderation. I'll approve it for you shortly.

Take care,
    Laura
  13. Angel on the Edge Administrator

Message Count:
    It's been published. :) Anyone who wants to have a look, just search for Sid's username in the gallery, then click the "Users" tab over the search results (or lack thereof, until you click "users"), or just look at the recently-added pictures section on the main page of the gallery. It's the first one for now.

Laura
  14. dnd4evr Super Moderator

Message Count:
    You can consider having sex a little sooner than the full 6 weeks, but if you can wait, you will be less likely to have problems. If you are not having any pain around the 4 - 5 week mark and no bleeding, you could try with a condom. The condom will protect you from any bacteria. Take it slow to start and if you are experiencing much pain, stop and wait longer.

Erections may cause some blood seepage so wear a gauze at night until seepage stops. This could take a week. The first one or so will likely hurt and is normal.
  15. Fyrebourne69 Member

Message Count:
    When I did my own PA at 12ga, I bled very little at first I mean just enough to cover the fingertips of my gloves. When i went to bed that night i forgot to put any gauze or a un lubricated condom on to catch any blood from when I moved about in my sleep. Needless to say, getting blood stains out of a matress is hard and time consuming LOL!

As for Pain, I did not have any except for a very minor pinching sensation when the needle pierced through the flesh of the urethra.

My advice is go with the numbing cream if you think you might need it.
  16. vegatorian New Member

Message Count:
    looks good sid!