1. Welcome to the Painful Pleasures community! New members, please read the Rules of the Forum before posting. You should also introduce yourself here before submitting any other posts. If you're interested in sharing photos of your body mods, please read the Rules of the Gallery first. At any time, you can use the "Start a Conversation" feature to get private help from our moderators, Angel on the Edge, Dnd4evr, Rainbird, xXJarredXx, Revs, and Craftsman. Enjoy the forum!
    Dismiss Notice

Still not healed

Discussion in 'Nipple Piercings' started by Pelucheux, Apr 19, 2017.

1. Pelucheux

Pelucheux New Member

I had both nipples pierced 2/28/16 so just over a year. They were ok for a while and my right side recently flared up. When I cleaned it there was some discharge, slightly yellowish? But none of my piercings have ever had clear/white discharge while healing. Always slightly off and they healed with no infections. But this morning there was also a little bit if blood. There's no swelling and it doesn't hurt. After this amount t of time it should be healed though. I do SSS with a drop of tea tree oil for 10 minutes twice a day. I am planning to order a sterilized titanium barbell from the website and swap it out as a last effort, but is there anything else to try?

Also, how do I know for sure they are healed? I ask this because my left side doesn't hurt, there's no discharge of any kind but I'm not sure? I don't know how I can be sure, I dont want to risk anything if it is somehow not healed

2. dnd4evr

dnd4evr Super Moderator Staff Member

Nipples have been known to have some issues off and on. It doesn't sound like you are having trouble and it's good you are treating it when it acts up. Failure to do so can invite trouble. Mine will act up if they are treated roughly.

If you got them done at a shop, they should be able to tell easily if you are fully healed. Hopefully as a courtesy.

Let us know how you make out.

3. xXJarredXx

xXJarredXx El Duderino Staff Member

My nipple rings often had discharge up to a couple of years after the initial piercing. They can be very frustrating piercings, but by far my favorite. They are probably well on their way to being healed, if not already. You seem to take good care of them, and it's very possible that a piece of jewelry was snagged on an article of clothing or just bumped in general during the day.

Continue caring for them, and things will likely settle. As dnd4evr stated, a shop may look at them if you continue to have any trouble and advise you further. I hope this helps!