1. Welcome to the Painful Pleasures community! New members, please read the Rules of the Forum before posting. You should also introduce yourself here before submitting any other posts. If you're interested in sharing photos of your body mods, please read the Rules of the Gallery first. At any time, you can use the "Start a Conversation" feature to get private help from our moderators, Angel on the Edge, Dnd4evr, Rainbird, xXJarredXx, Revs, and Craftsman. Enjoy the forum!

Stinky Gauges?

Discussion in 'All Things Stretched' started by Sunset_mod, Jun 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sunset_mod New Member

Message Count:
    I have 10g earlobes and quite frankly...They smell horrid! When I take my earings out they smell somewhat like road-kill...? Why is that, and is there a way to make it go away? They are fully healed, they don't hurt, don't itch...Not healing anymore...Completely fully healed. They smell like a squirrel I hit in the car the other day...Any ideas? I know all earing smell funny, but it seems to me gauges are more so, is this because it's a bigger hole or something?
  2. Jon0807 New Member

Message Count:
    Mine used to stink before I stretched (20-22g...whatever the gun size is).  I wore sterling silver all the time so I thought that was it but I was told it was cause I didn't clean them often enough.  I heard it was normal, just gotta clean them out more often but I'm sure someone can give better advice. My ears are currently at 0g and I don't get any kind of scent at all.
  3. lexiarein New Member

Message Count:
    That smell is just the dead skin cells. If I itch my earrings, which like yours are all healed, my fingers smell like that. Yea it's icky, just means you need to wash em
  4. imthecoolkid_mod New Member

Message Count:
    ear cheese! i've grown accustomed to the smell. i can't wait until i start stretcing my septum..then i'll have that smell there all the time. lol.
  5. MELT_THE_MONKEY New Member

Message Count:
    just take out ur ear gauges when u sleep and when ur in the shower that wat i do and i mine dont smell anymore
  6. lexiarein New Member

Message Count:
    Well, don't do that unless your holes are healed to the point that they won't shrink overnigth
  7. Sunset_mod New Member

Message Count:
    All my piercings are fully healed as far as they go as far as I know, but they still shrink something awful if I leave them out.
  8. lexiarein New Member

Message Count:
    yea, leaving the jewelry out is not recommended
  9. mctom2006 New Member

Message Count:
    i will never leave mine out and that smell is grose i still got it and i have 7/16 gage it u have to clean them off every day
    tobadfortrouble likes this.
  10. matt29020 New Member

Message Count:
    just like mctom2006 said its never going to stop smelling like that i have 7/8 and im about to go to an 1in but the smell just clean them when you take a shower thats the only thing that will help and some plugs do stop the smell a little but not much any type of metal plugs make the smell come out more than o say wooden ones but i woudlnt take them out over night. some people do but i wouldnt if you was you....
  11. valkyrie New Member

Message Count:
    ahh the friendly scent of stretched lobe crust LOL
    i hate it.
    so i just clean my ears thoroughly everynight
  12. silkpink_mistress New Member

Message Count:
    Yumm!  Toe Jam and Ear Jam... I had the same panicked question the other day and I called my Mom whoes an RN and asked if I should be worried and all she said was "when you take your socks off at the end of the day what do you smell?"  Me: "Yucky Toe Jam!"  Mom: "Exactly Jam on your toes, and Jam on your earrings...  Maybe you need to consider taking your earrings out completely and cleaning them more than once a week if the smell is bothering you?"  I guess soaping 'em up in the shower is not working as well as I would like...
  13. iamblackbird Little Miss Apocalypse

Message Count:
    Matt: punctuation, please!

Sunset: wash them more often, and don't use any oil unless you wash it off TOTALLY afterwards.

Coolkid: oddly enough, with mine at a 6g, i can't really smell any funk....just the weirdness of the orings!
  14. imthecoolkid_mod New Member

Message Count:
    darn...i have black o-rings on my 12g (my first stretch! EEE!) and i get a little bit of the smell. mmmmmmmmmmmm.
  15. iamblackbird Little Miss Apocalypse

Message Count:
    Oo, how'd it go?
  16. Bri Obscene New Member

Message Count:
    my 14ga dont smell at all.

hmm
  17. Jameson13 Body Hacker

Message Count:
    neither do my 12ga. Then again, we have pretty small piercings compared to the rest. I wonder if it has part to do with the fact that i was pierced with 12ga? Then again, i clean mine twice a day, and I only wear Titanium or Niobium.
  18. Scooter --Mom--

Message Count:
    Ever notice that ear cheese smells like Parmesan cheese?

HEY!!! you smell your fingers too, I know it!!!! ** ROFL**
  19. lanispet New Member

Message Count:
    YES! That's why i never put any cheese other than Mozzerella or Swiss on my food!  :mrgreen:
  20. iamblackbird Little Miss Apocalypse

Message Count:
    my 0g and 4g lobes do, my 6g septum doesn't.

It's odd.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.