1. Welcome to the Painful Pleasures community! New members, please read the Rules of the Forum before posting. You should also introduce yourself here before submitting any other posts. If you're interested in sharing photos of your body mods, please read the Rules of the Gallery first. At any time, you can use the "Start a Conversation" feature to get private help from our moderators, Angel on the Edge, Dnd4evr, Rainbird, xXJarredXx, Revs, and Craftsman. Enjoy the forum!
    Dismiss Notice

They were right!

Discussion in 'Ink, Ink, and More Ink' started by pidjones, Aug 31, 2014.

1. pidjones

pidjones Member

20160820_180039.jpg 20160820_181830.jpg
    I certainly understand. I just don't want to re-post all of those photos. Anyway, I had my second laser session on August 15th, then on August 16 dropped my GoldWing at about 45 mph on I-40 downtown Knoxville. I don't know why, but I was untouched by the heavy traffic (in the center lane) and because I wear ATGATT, I only had bad bruising and a slightly cracked wrist (which sucks to type with it in a cast, but no pain from it). Healing is going nicely on the tattoo, and I plan to see Sarah Hurst in a couple weeks to see if two sessions is enough for her to correct it. So here are shots of my Right and Left arms. The Right is still pretty flaky after the laser - much worse than after a tattoo, but no pain.

2. Rainbird

Rainbird The Pierced Godmother Staff Member

Oh no, you were so lucky to escape with a cracked wrist. I hope that the recovery is not too long.
    Do let us know what Sarah says. I'm interested to see the whole progress.

Best wishes

3. pidjones

pidjones Member

Cast is off and the wrist is rehabing nicely. Sarah thinks one more ZAP!, so I have an appointment for next month for another lazzzing. Then it will be February or so before I can get back to Sarah as I'm headed to India for a couple weeks the 2nd of January.

4. Rainbird

That is great news to hear the rehab is going well.
    Have a wonderful time in India. Which part are you visiting?
    I love it there. I've been 5 times and will returns again.

5. pidjones

pidjones Member

Sorry to be so slow getting back. I fly into Chennai (Madras) and my friends pick me up to take me to their place in Ammambakkum near Uthukotai on the Tamil side of the Andre border. We might go to Tirupathi or my friends from there (my hostess' sister and family) might come visit. I'll probably visit Chennai for one day. I've been seven times since '93, and it is a blessing to see friends made my first night there, each time.

6. Rainbird

It sounds like an interesting place - I think the whole of India is magical myself.
    I would love to see some photos if you take any in January.

7. pidjones

pidjones Member

The tattoo on my arm is corrected now, and Sarah will be putting finishing touches on it this Tuesday. I'm pleased with it now. She was careful to not over-work the skin due to all that it had been through. Her work is precise, and it makes me happy to have the piece to show off, now. Will be even better when she adds some color. I've posted a bunch of India pictures in a Facebook album. I am Nathan Lee Jones on there and the album is India 2017. It is shared public.

8. pidjones

pidjones Member

So, Sarah had me place a real coil of manila line on a chair so she could use it for reference while coloring in the line. I am Soooo happy with the result! fake colored.jpg