1. Welcome to the Painful Pleasures community! New members, please read the Rules of the Forum before posting. You should also introduce yourself here before submitting any other posts. If you're interested in sharing photos of your body mods, please read the Rules of the Gallery first. At any time, you can use the "Start a Conversation" feature to get private help from our moderators, Angel on the Edge, Dnd4evr, Rainbird, xXJarredXx, Revs, and Craftsman. Enjoy the forum!
    Dismiss Notice

Wanting to put my prince albert back in!

Discussion in 'Genital Piercings' started by MaikiX83, Apr 8, 2017.

1. MaikiX83

MaikiX83 New Member

Hi,

I am 33 years old and I got my prince Albert done almost 3 years ago and moved away from my piercer.... it had the original cbr in it that was way too heavy I think for an 8 gauge so it started cutting through... not bad but freaked me out. The hole is still there but looks like a piece of has grown in there.... now I bought a 10 gauge and an 8 gauge bend barbells internally hreated.... any advice on how I should go about this? My guy pierced me with a 9 guarded and immediately guaged it to an 8 to help slow bleeding. Please help, I really really want it back to an 8, 10 doesn't feel safe.... but would it be smart to start with the 10 gauge like I was gonna try or should I start smaller and go up from there?

2. dnd4evr

dnd4evr Super Moderator Staff Member

Sorry for the delay in getting to this. For some reason your message didn't show in the new message list.

If your piercing has been out for a while it has likely closed down some. It may not be possible to put 8 or even 10g back in safely. Forcing your jewelry even with a taper could cause a blowout. This kind of injury can cause scar tissue to form.

I would get a set of tapers and even have a 12g ring handy. The smallest most piercers will use for a PA is 12g. Start with a small taper and work up until things start getting tight. At that point you should probably stop and put in the corresponding jewelry. Wear it for a couple of days and see how the fit is. If it has loosened you could try going up one size. If the next size up taper will not go, wait at least as long as your original healing.

As to the smaller gauges, a PA does stretch naturally at the smaller gauges. Especially if you jewelry is relatively heavy (like stainless steel). This may be what you experienced. Using a lighter metal like titanium will cut down on the stretching.