1. Welcome to the Painful Pleasures community! New members, please read the Rules of the Forum before posting. You should also introduce yourself here before submitting any other posts. If you're interested in sharing photos of your body mods, please read the Rules of the Gallery first. At any time, you can use the "Start a Conversation" feature to get private help from our moderators, Angel on the Edge, Dnd4evr, Rainbird, xXJarredXx, Revs, and Craftsman. Enjoy the forum!

White Bump Under Tongue With Piercing?

Discussion in 'Facial/Oral Piercings' started by 4lic3666, Jun 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 4lic3666 New Member

Message Count:
    http://bodyjewelryforum.painfulpleasures.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=227&stc=1&d=1339541761

Hey everybody. My friend just texted me this pic of his tongue ring. It's about 2 weeks old. I think he's changed the bar out already and he says that he's been playing with it a lot. He was also saying that his uncle said it was normal, but I don't think so. To me it looks like it's festering because of all the trauma to it. But i'm really not sure because he didn't tell me anything else. What do all of you guys think?

Attached Files:

2. Rainbird The Pierced Godmother

Message Count:
    Sorry Alice, was there a picture attached? I can't see it if there is meant to be one.
    White lumps do usually mean infection but the tongue will secrete fluids during the healing period as the wet environment will not let a crustie form. BUT 2 weeks is WAY too early to be changing jewellery around and playing with it lots. I know it is difficult in your mouth not to move it around but the risk of traumatizing the fistula with extra activity is very strong. Tongue piercings take 4 to 8 weeks to heal if looked after properly.
    Perhaps you can suggest to your friend that he returns to his piercer for them to take a look, unless his uncle is a pro piercer I know whose advice I would rather have.
    Good luck and let us know what happens.
  3. 4lic3666 New Member

Message Count:
    ok I think it's working now. Sorry about that. I posted it in a bit if a rush and didn't think about the idea that I had uploaded a link to the picture in my email account. Thank you for the advice and the notification about the picture Rainbird. Yea this guy's uncle is definitely not a piercer, he's just going off what he, himself, experienced. I will keep you posted. Please tell me if you still can't see the image and i'll see if I messed up again. I put a link at the top of the post, since I also noticed that the attachment wasn't working when I logged out of my account and I think that clicking on that works, or at least it worked for me when I logged out. Thank you for the help! :)
  4. Rainbird The Pierced Godmother

Message Count:
    Hi Alice,
    Yes, the picture is here now and it doesn't look very pleasant, indeed it looks painful.
    Just a few questions:
    Who did the piercing for him & who changed the jewellery?
    Was the new bar sterilized beforehand?
    Did he say that it is still painful?
    Is he doing any aftercare and if so what?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.