1. Welcome to the Painful Pleasures community! New members, please read the Rules of the Forum before posting. You should also introduce yourself here before submitting any other posts. If you're interested in sharing photos of your body mods, please read the Rules of the Gallery first. At any time, you can use the "Start a Conversation" feature to get private help from our moderators, Angel on the Edge, Dnd4evr, Rainbird, xXJarredXx, Revs, and Craftsman. Enjoy the forum!
    Dismiss Notice

14g 12mm transparent barbell or else?

Discussion in 'Body Jewelry' started by yens, May 7, 2015.

1. yens

yens New Member

Hello!

I have a couple of nipple piercings, and for different reasons I need to make them very discrete during a day this summer. I have looked around and found out a couple of different approaches. They are not so old, so I don't want to take them out for a day.

- A straight 12mm 14 gauge (1,6mm) barbell, transparent (acrylic?) inner threaded, completed with small (2,5-3mm?) transparent disks or similar.

- a "normal" titanium or steel barbell, 12mm 14 gauge (inner threaded) with skin toned disks (as small as possible)

What do you think would be best? Please link to jewelry that could be good choices, I find it kind of hard to find...

(you don't need to convince me to display them, it is not an option in this case, it would not be the end of the world, but I want to be able to make them super discrete)

Thanks in advance for your ideas!

2. dnd4evr

dnd4evr Super Moderator Staff Member

I am going to alert the store customer service group to look at this thread. I am sure someone can give you a hand.

3. msolis1

msolis1 Administrator Staff Member

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2017
  4. yens

yens New Member

Well, since I'm a man, I guess that the bra idea is kind of eventuellt worse... ;-) Thank you for the other idea, I'll look into that!

The idea about the internally threaded barball was to connect it to my current barbell to make the jewelry change as smooth as possible since the piercing will be about three to four months at the time.

5. dnd4evr

dnd4evr Super Moderator Staff Member

I just approved your 3rd posting. All future posts will go up immediately. Happy posting.

Sorry for their mistake. As to swapping, you should be able to butt one up against the other while holding both and push the old one out as the new one goes in. I would use a water based lubricant on the new jewelry to make sliding easier.

If you are just concerned with showing through a shirt then just about any bar with o-rings should work. Jewelry pieces in the store should be available.

https://store.painfulpleasures.com/body-jewelry/body-jewelry-parts.html

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2017