1. Welcome to the Painful Pleasures community! New members, please read the Rules of the Forum before posting. You should also introduce yourself here before submitting any other posts. If you're interested in sharing photos of your body mods, please read the Rules of the Gallery first. At any time, you can use the "Start a Conversation" feature to get private help from our moderators, Angel on the Edge, Dnd4evr, Rainbird, xXJarredXx, Revs, and Craftsman. Enjoy the forum!
    Dismiss Notice

2 and a half week old navel piercing...

Discussion in 'Navel Piercings' started by ascott1124, Feb 27, 2017.

1. ascott1124

ascott1124 New Member

Hello I had my navel pierced about 2 and a half weeks ago. I have had a few hiccups along the way, the piercer had put too small (length) of a barbell in my piercing so I experienced a great deal of irritation due to the small size and not enough room for swelling. I had the bar changed to a longer one and that seems to be helping. Now I have an indent along the top ball where it is sinking into my skin. The piercer has instructed me to simply "keep pushing it upwards out of my skin". I do understand I am again in need of a longer barbell to assist with this issue. Recently (past 3 days or so) I have noticed along the top of my piercing the skin is red and flakey. I clean it 3 times a day with a sea salt solution (1/4 tsp ss to 1 gallon of distilled water per my after care sheet). Before anybody mentions rejecting, please allow me to note that this (the flakey skin) has just started, my jewelry is not hanging any different way, my skin is not getting thinner nor can I see the barbell under my skin also there is no pain whatsoever. I do understand rejection is a possibility. I am just curious to know if this is simply because it is drying out because of my sss or of a different reason. Thank you

2. dnd4evr

dnd4evr Super Moderator Staff Member

Welcome to the Painful Pleasures (PP) community! Please take a moment to tell us a bit more about yourself in the Introduce Yourself area. Also, please read the Rules of the Forum at your convenience.

The gallery is available for viewing or posting. Without a login you will be able to see non-mature content, but you will not be able to post there or view mature content.

If you have any questions about the forum or gallery, feel free to reach out to me or our other moderators, Angel on the Edge, Rainbird, Craftsman and xXJarredXx.

To keep out unwanted spam messages, all new members must have their first 3 messages approved (vetted) by the moderators before they can post freely.

The forum has undergone some recent changes. Many were for the good, but it also introduced a bug. When an unvetted member posts to an existing discussion, it does not show up as other posts do. If a fully vetted member posts, the section they post in is highlighted and the thread list has a green dot next to the thread they post in. Also if you click on "new posts" it will show up in the list. Unvetted members do not show at all. The only time an unvetted members post show is if they create a new thread and even then it's not very easy to find. PP is working on getting this fixed, but it may take some time.

If you post to the forum for help and you don't get a reply you are not being ignored. Please send a private message and include a thread link.

From what you have written, your barbell is not long enough. FYI the proper ratio form SSS is 1/4 tsp to 1 cup water (sorry haven't worked the numbers for a gallon). Drying is a potential problem. You can add a couple of drops of tea tree oil to your soak to help with this. Also as your skin heals it will flake so that is also a possibility.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2017