1. Welcome to the Painful Pleasures community! New members, please read the Rules of the Forum before posting. You should also introduce yourself here before submitting any other posts. If you're interested in sharing photos of your body mods, please read the Rules of the Gallery first. At any time, you can use the "Start a Conversation" feature to get private help from our moderators, Angel on the Edge, Dnd4evr, Rainbird, xXJarredXx, Revs, and Craftsman. Enjoy the forum!
    Dismiss Notice

A Sad Day or: Question about Custom Sizes

Discussion in 'Ideas for New Jewelry' started by lluvia, May 8, 2014.

1. lluvia

lluvia New Member

Hi y'all!

So... I'd been looking forward to today for quite some time, since today was the day when I was to (finally) have a vertical industrial done. I'd booked an appointment at a piercer, I'd found the perfect piece of jewelry—one of these little babies here: https://store.painfulpleasures.com/14g-1-75-industrial-word-barbell-fuck-you.html, everything was ready and set but then... disaster :( . Even though having ordered the longest version available of said piece of jewelry, it wasn't long enough. What a disappointment! Now, my only hope is that you guys at Painful Pleasures will be able to make me a custom-sized version. Please tell me that you can! My ear is so craving that piece and I'll pay whatever the cost even if I'll have to sell the silverware...

Piece, love, piercings,

Martín

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2017
  2. dnd4evr

dnd4evr Super Moderator Staff Member

Welcome to the Painful Pleasures community! Please take a moment to tell us a bit more about yourself in the Introduce Yourself area. Also, please read the Rules of the Forum at your convenience.

The gallery is available for viewing or posting. Without a log in you will be able to see non-mature content, but you will not be able to post there or view mature content.

If you have any questions about the forum or gallery, feel free to reach out to me or our other moderators, Angel on the Edge, Rainbird, Craftsman and xXJarredXx.

Basically you are looking for custom work. I know they do custom work, but I don't know if this is something they can. I will forward a link of this to someone who may be able to help. You can also try submitting a new issue (in the contact section).

3. Angel on the Edge

Angel on the Edge Administrator

While the custom jewelry manager looks into this, I have a question that might give you an idea for an alternative way to make your current jewelry work--2 ways, actually. Which of these three styles of vertical industrial were you considering?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The first one might work for you even if the 2nd and 3rd ones wouldn't. The latter two show how you can change the angle somewhat to be able to use different lengths of jewelry. Another idea would be to buy a shorter version of the barbell you like, and then buy adapters that would allow you to screw a short barbell onto the top and bottom of your current barbell to make it longer overall. Here's an adapter that turns any 14g external jewelry into jewelry with internal threading, which is the ideal style for an industrial barbell anyway, since internal jewelry is less likely to scrape your delicate healing fistulas: https://store.painfulpleasures.com/...al-end-into-an-internal-piece-of-jewelry.html. You could buy 2 of those and add them to each end of your current barbell, then attach an internally threaded barbell in a short length to each end to make the total barbell length exactly what you need for the space you want to fill with a vertical industrial piercing barbell.

I hope that helps!
    Laura

4. msolis1

msolis1 Administrator Staff Member

Hey Martín-
    What length are you looking for? If you let me know, I can tell you for sure whether or now we'll be able to make it for you.

Melissa

5. lluvia

lluvia New Member

Hi Melissa,

I'm sorry about this late answer; due to some personal issues I haven't been able to answer before. I'll be quicker next time, promise! Anyway, I'm looking for something like this here: https://web.archive.org/web/20110805053906/http://777bodypiercing.co.uk/images/piercings/ear/vertical-industrial-ear-piercing.png. What I would need you to do is to make the two metal bars that connect the text piece to the balls a bit larger. Can you do this? (No cost is too great.)

Martín

6. dnd4evr

I almost didn't approve this because of the link. Inserting an image would have been better such as -

[​IMG]
    You still didn't answer Melissa's question. How long of a piece are you looking for. I would imagine she would also need to know how much open space is in the center.

7. lluvia

lluvia New Member

I'm sorry about that. However, I'm generally not comfortable with inserting images for which I'm not the copyright holder.

Unfortunately, my piercer only told me that the piece was too short—not what size it should have been. I'll ask him to take my exact measurements so that I can post them here.

8. dnd4evr

I just approved your 3rd message. All future posts will go up immediately. Happy posting.

Actually, the image is referenced via the link. I just inserted the exact same link you posted into the tool and up came the image. No image copying involved.