1. Welcome to the Painful Pleasures community! New members, please read the Rules of the Forum before posting. You should also introduce yourself here before submitting any other posts. If you're interested in sharing photos of your body mods, please read the Rules of the Gallery first. At any time, you can use the "Start a Conversation" feature to get private help from our moderators, Angel on the Edge, Dnd4evr, Rainbird, xXJarredXx, Revs, and Craftsman. Enjoy the forum!
    Dismiss Notice

About 16g Nipple Piercing

Discussion in 'Nipple Piercings' started by GabyCalderon, Feb 9, 2018.

1. GabyCalderon

GabyCalderon New Member

Hi all,
    Ive read many many posts about the risks of having a 16g nipple piercing. I read on two UK blogs that 16g was ok. I chose a 16g because my nipple os pretty thick and it look “prettier” with a smaller gauge. I wanted to know if any of you have had actual bad experiences due to a 16g nip piercing.
    Also wanted to ask if having a half shield type body jewelry hanging on a 16g was too heavy (for the future).
    And lastly, will it be safe for me If eventually I stretch it to a 14g on my own in my house.
  2. richeturners

richeturners New Member

Hi GabyCalderon,
    Welcome to the forum :). Pretty new on here myself.
    I would have thought that there is slightly more risk of rejection with a smaller gauge but if your care regime during healing is good and the nipple is settling down without pain then it may be doing just fine.
    The pro-piercers I know would have advised 14g (1.6mm) as a minimum starter size.
    Make sure you ask your piercer for further advice if you are unsure of anything whilst healing.
    Weight of jewellery varies. My preference is titanium as it tends to be lighter which may be better if fitting a shield on smaller gauges.
    There are also bioplast options that may be worth a bit of research.
    I wouldn't start thinking of stretching until fully healed which may take a year or so and even then take it slow and have patience. If all is good then stretching yourself shouldn't be an issue for you. I stretched from 14g to 12g and then to 10g which I've had for many years.
    Maybe someone else will drop in with some of their experience or advice for you.
    Hope this helps a little and good luck ;)