1. Welcome to the Painful Pleasures community! New members, please read the Rules of the Forum before posting. You should also introduce yourself here before submitting any other posts. If you're interested in sharing photos of your body mods, please read the Rules of the Gallery first. At any time, you can use the "Start a Conversation" feature to get private help from our moderators, Angel on the Edge, Dnd4evr, Rainbird, xXJarredXx, Revs, and Craftsman. Enjoy the forum!
    Dismiss Notice

Anti eyebrow aka "Butterfly Kiss"

Discussion in 'Surface Piercings' started by Jamjarbinks, May 29, 2014.

1. Jamjarbinks

Jamjarbinks New Member

Hello all,

I decided to get an anti eyebrow piercing in October of 2013. I was pierced with micro surface bar. It healed well and the whole process wasn't painful at all. I ended up having to change the micro surface bar a couple of months ago for a curved barbell as the previous bar was sticking out past my skin and it didn't look very pretty at all.

Last week I noticed some swelling, crustiness and a little bit of blood around the openings- I treated it with a saline solution and cleaned it 2 times a day (morning and night time).

This morning I took the bar out and I immediately spotted the scarring. My piercing was rejecting.. So I have now been left with 2 holes in my bake which hopefully won't scar too badly. I will keep updating my progress (if I remember!)

I shall be posting some photos on the gallery.

Peace out!

2. dnd4evr

dnd4evr Super Moderator Staff Member

Surface piercings do have a tendency to migrate and reject. Keep up your aftercare during the healing process to minimize scarring.

3. mike

mike Member

curved bars are rarely any good for surface piercings. not too much better than straight ones as far as reducing/eliminating downward pressure. it would have been advisable to get a different surface bar. just one with shorter legs. the skin trying to snap back to it's original position and not being able to fully do so is the number one cause for rejection of surface piercings. with proper size and shape surface bars, most can be permanent. I have only ever lost surface piercings due to trauma or injury to the area starting the rejection.
    if you have to have it redone, punch and taper is by far the best method for doing them. you are making the wound channel that upside down staple type shape from the start. complete absence of pressure on the forming fistula makes for the most stable piercings.