1. Welcome to the Painful Pleasures community! New members, please read the Rules of the Forum before posting. You should also introduce yourself here before submitting any other posts. If you're interested in sharing photos of your body mods, please read the Rules of the Gallery first. At any time, you can use the "Start a Conversation" feature to get private help from our moderators, Angel on the Edge, Dnd4evr, Rainbird, xXJarredXx, Revs, and Craftsman. Enjoy the forum!
    Dismiss Notice

Anti-Eyebrow

Discussion in 'Surface Piercings' started by Buzz Kill, Aug 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kaposhia_mod

kaposhia_mod New Member

Kinda off subject, but continuing the makeup bit: how long have you had your lip piercing? Do you wear lipstick/lip gloss/chapstick?

2. Buzz Kill

Buzz Kill New Member

I've had my lip piercing for ten months now, I wore chapstick right afterwards, and now I can wear lipstick and lipgloss, its just a pain because its hard having to get undger the ring.

3. kaposhia_mod

kaposhia_mod New Member

What is the best type of lipstick to get, for long term wear? I have yet to find one that doesn't clump. I hope you don't re-apply too much. Maybe after your anti-brow heals you can wear powder again.

4. Buzz Kill

Buzz Kill New Member

I've never used powder.
    As for lipstick, I don't use a long lasting one and I don't re-apply, I'm not too much with the make up, I only really wear it for certain things, not any everyday kind of thing, I use Clinique, because it keeps your lips mosturized

5. Wow, that piercing totally kicks. I'm a big fan of facial piercings, and that one really great. Did you get it with a curved barbell, or a curved surface bar (those look like they're a punk to put in)? Good luck with the healing.

6. Illyria Jade_mod

Illyria Jade_mod New Member

It's a surface bar by the looks of it.
    It really does look great, though, Buzz!  It's perfect on you!
    I'm with you, I don't wear powder either...only eye makeup (eyeliner occasionally, sometimes mascara, eyeshadow when I feel like it) and lipstick/gloss.

7. Buzz Kill

Buzz Kill New Member

Its a surface barbell, wouldn't have got it done with a curved. Yeah normally all I wear is eye make up and chapstick.

8. kaposhia_mod

kaposhia_mod New Member

*slaps self* duh, you said that

9. Buzz Kill

Buzz Kill New Member

teehee
    its ok, we all don't pay attention all the time
    And a quick question when I looked at it this morning to clean the piercing I could see the bend in the barbell ( where it bends from the posts that sticks out of the surface to the section that actually goes through the piercing) and I was wondering if the fact that it slid like that, was normal?

10. Illyria Jade_mod

Umm...as in, too much of the barbell was sticking out?  Give it a while, wait and see if it calms down and fits better, once it  settles down.

11. Buzz Kill

Buzz Kill New Member

I was also told that she'll downsize it, but what I meant...is you know how a surface barbell sort of looks like a staple-ish shape, well one of the corners was sticking out...I didn't think they should be rotating....

12. Illyria Jade_mod

That's definitely not a good thing that it's coming out, the bar is too big.  And changing it (it needs to be changed ASAP since it doesn't fit right!) is likely to irritate it and have more chance of rejection.

I'm sorry to say, while it looks killer on you, sounds like your piercer didn't do a good of a job as he/she should have.

I hope that you can get it changed (sooner rather than later, doing it later could make it start migrating even if it was doing fine) and that it will calm down and work right!!!

13. Buzz Kill

Buzz Kill New Member

Yeah I'm really worried, i can feel the bar through my skin...I don't think that's good. I should have used our other piercer at the shop, I let the young guy who just finished his aprenticeship do it because he did an amazing job with the others, but I guess this should have been saved for the senior in this field.

14. iamblackbird

iamblackbird Little Miss Apocalypse Staff Member

....Yeh, I think you may be right there, Buzzie. Surface piercings are WAY different than normal piercings, and should have been given to the Senior piercer.

I hope that it can be saved, but if you can already feel the bar underneath, then it seems like it's pretty shallow....

15. Illyria Jade_mod

I agree...it may be time to take it out...go and complain before you take it out, though, maybe the senior piercer will redo it for free.

16. Buzz Kill

Buzz Kill New Member

I am going back to talk to them, and I know I will get it re-done for free, becuase of two things, I only ever have to pay for the jewelry and secondly it was done too shallow.

"If you do insist on doing a surface piercing using this method, the most important thing about healing it is to know your own body... That is, to have an understanding of the way you heal, and what to do to assist in that healing. EDIT. WHILE THIS MAY BE WHAT THEY TOLD YOU, IT IS BAD ADVICE GIVEN BY THEM, AND WE ASK THAT YOU NOT POST THEIR BAD ADVICE. Next time, contact one of the Admin beofre posting something like this, please! :)"

Is this actually true? and if it is, is it too late for me to do so?

17. iamblackbird

Um......what in the world?

If it's been done correctly, even a surface piercing should NOT have to utilize the build-up of scar tissue to hold it in place.

The use of Betadine on ANY piercing, I don't care WHAT the reason, is BADBADBADBAD.

18. Illyria Jade_mod

I read that before Bird edited it...and, all I can say, is that I'd never set foot in that shop again.

19. Buzz Kill

Buzz Kill New Member

It wasn't information from a shop, I ran across it on a website, and I doubted it, so I asked before I did anything, and I apologize Bird (man I seem to be doing alot of that around here lately)

An update on the piercing: I feel that it is indeed migrataing I'm going back to the shop tomorrow to get it removed, and my mother was kind enough, that we're discussing getting cheeks pierced in November after the anti-eyebrow is gone.

20. iamblackbird

*shrugs* Not prob, it's just that we've got some new users who sometimes forget that that type of aftercare is bad....we're just eagle-eyed.

Ooooo. Cheeck piercings are LOVELY, you'd be so CUTE with 'em!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.