1. Welcome to the Painful Pleasures community! New members, please read the Rules of the Forum before posting. You should also introduce yourself here before submitting any other posts. If you're interested in sharing photos of your body mods, please read the Rules of the Gallery first. At any time, you can use the "Start a Conversation" feature to get private help from our moderators, Angel on the Edge, Dnd4evr, Rainbird, xXJarredXx, Revs, and Craftsman. Enjoy the forum!
    Dismiss Notice

Can I get my lobes pierced with a 12 guage needle and start out wearing 12 guage plugs?

Discussion in 'All Things Stretched' started by Austinl48, Jun 28, 2015.

1. Austinl48

Austinl48 New Member

I really want to start stretching but I was hoping to skip the step of wearing a normal earring or stud. So I was wondering if it would be safe to just start with a 12g plug? Thanks in advance.

2. dnd4evr

dnd4evr Super Moderator Staff Member

Welcome to the Painful Pleasures community! Please take a moment to tell us a bit more about yourself in the Introduce Yourself area. Also, please read the Rules of the Forum at your convenience.

The gallery is available for viewing or posting. Without a login you will be able to see non-mature content, but you will not be able to post there or view mature content.

If you have any questions about the forum or gallery, feel free to reach out to me or our other moderators, Angel on the Edge, Rainbird, Craftsman and xXJarredXx.

Starting at 12 gauge shouldn't be a problem. Inserting a plug into a fresh piercing might be the challenge. I will see if I can get xXJarredXx to speak up on this one.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2017
  3. Austinl48

Austinl48 New Member

Thanks I just haven't found much info online about this

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2017
  4. xXJarredXx

xXJarredXx El Duderino Staff Member

Hello hello! Weighing in!

As a general rule of thumb, when piercing at higher gauges your piercer would likely use a bigger size needle. This would be a 10 gauge in your case.

That is assuming you're getting it done in a shop. If you're doing it yourself, I'd still recommend a larger needle. If you don't *need* to start with the plug, I'd start with a taper. In the long run, that would make your life much easier.

The plug itself isn't particularly dangerous, besides for the possibility of micro-tearing trying to get the plug in.