1. Welcome to the Painful Pleasures community! New members, please read the Rules of the Forum before posting. You should also introduce yourself here before submitting any other posts. If you're interested in sharing photos of your body mods, please read the Rules of the Gallery first. At any time, you can use the "Start a Conversation" feature to get private help from our moderators, Angel on the Edge, Dnd4evr, Rainbird, xXJarredXx, Revs, and Craftsman. Enjoy the forum!
    Dismiss Notice

Conch

Discussion in 'Body Jewelry' started by dspatola, Jul 22, 2015.

1. dspatola

dspatola New Member

I currently have a CBR in my conch and I am finding it very difficult to heal. I constantly find myself sleeping on it and it sometimes gets so sore that it wakes me up. I want to either change it to an internally threaded labret stud, straight barbell, or a bent barbell. Is 10mm too long for this piercing? If so, what size do you recommend? Is a 3.4mm top for the labret stud too big for a conch piercing?

2. xXJarredXx

xXJarredXx El Duderino Staff Member

I've not had a conch piercing, but if sleeping/snagging is your main problem, switching to something shorter might do the trick. A short labret stud could be used short term for the healing process until you can get into something you like. The size of the ball isn't as important, as long as it isn't too small to get pulled into the piercing or too big to get caught on something.