1. Welcome to the Painful Pleasures community! New members, please read the Rules of the Forum before posting. You should also introduce yourself here before submitting any other posts. If you're interested in sharing photos of your body mods, please read the Rules of the Gallery first. At any time, you can use the "Start a Conversation" feature to get private help from our moderators, Angel on the Edge, Dnd4evr, Rainbird, xXJarredXx, Revs, and Craftsman. Enjoy the forum!
    Dismiss Notice

Dermal Issues

Discussion in 'Surface Piercings' started by mhapp95, Sep 20, 2013.

1. mhapp95

mhapp95 New Member

So, I had my dermals done about 5 months ago. Since then my topmost one has had some issues with rising to the surface, bumps, etc. It just can't seem to calm down. Currently its sitting pretty flush with my skin surface, however I'd love to get rid of the redness/scarring. Any tips for getting this to finally heal properly?

Attached Files:

• derm.jpg
      derm.jpg
      File size:
      625.8 KB
      Views:
  2. dnd4evr

dnd4evr Super Moderator Staff Member

Dermals can be tricky. They can have a high rejection rate and don't like areas with a lot of friction. What kind of aftercare have you been performing?

3. mhapp95

mhapp95 New Member

H2Ocean, and then some sea salt soaks occasionally. When they rise to the surface I generally will wear a band aid over them until they go down again to prevent any snagging.

4. Rainbird

Rainbird The Pierced Godmother Staff Member

Keep up the H2 ocean & sss and add a couple of drops of tea tree oil to the soak.
    Rather than a band aid, which stops the skin breathing and pulls the skin around when you remove it,
    try a gauze pad over the bar if it rises.
    Good luck

5. Angel on the Edge

Angel on the Edge Administrator

You could also try covering with Tatu-Derm for a little while. I think I posted some links to it on another page for you already. Those look like they're on your hip. If so, that's probably why you're having more trouble than usual with them (and they can be problematic for anyone). Your pants likely rub against them constantly. You may or may not be able to keep them, but try the Tatu-Derm (with a little gauze over the dermals themselves so the sheet doesn't stick to them) and sea salt soaks, and give it time.

Take care,
    Laura