1. Welcome to the Painful Pleasures community! New members, please read the Rules of the Forum before posting. You should also introduce yourself here before submitting any other posts. If you're interested in sharing photos of your body mods, please read the Rules of the Gallery first. At any time, you can use the "Start a Conversation" feature to get private help from our moderators, Angel on the Edge, Dnd4evr, Rainbird, xXJarredXx, Revs, and Craftsman. Enjoy the forum!
    Dismiss Notice

Dermals along spine...questions

Discussion in 'Surface Piercings' started by Lovesteel56, Jan 18, 2013.

1. Angel on the Edge

Angel on the Edge Administrator

My pleasure!

Pat, a pubic dermal could be very cool, and I think that's a relatively safe area for men; For women, though, I don't like the idea as much because the person who had hers move and the jewel disappeared halfway under her skin had hers on one of her labia. Not to say that would be an issue for everyone, but I wouldn't want that problem there of all places!

Lovesteel, I think it's a great idea to discuss this with your piercer and bring up all of your concerns, including hair and other snagging factors, spreading leading to gaping, and general movement of the anchor. Glad we've been able to help you weigh the pros and cons of this idea. :)

You guys were a big help to me yesterday, and you probably didn't even know it. ;) I was grasping for something to do a short blog post about, and I decided to write about play piercings after reading the rest of this thread. If you're interested, the post is here: http://thestudio.painfulpleasures.com/play-piercings. You can get to all the posts I've written in the past couple months here: http://thestudio.painfulpleasures.com/blog. No pressure, but I'd love your feedback and comments/contributions to the topic via the Facebook comments box on the play piercing post page, if you're interested in weighing in.

Take care,
    Laura

2. Lovesteel56

Lovesteel56 Member

I'm so glad it helped you! It helped me a lot.

The photos you posted are amazing, I love our descriptions as well

Thanks so much for sharing!

3. Angel on the Edge

Thank you so much, Lovesteel! That's very kind of you. Writing's my #1 passion... if you couldn't tell already from my often ridiculously long posts! ;)

Take care,
    Laura

4. Rainbird

Rainbird The Pierced Godmother Staff Member

I have heard of a dermal being placed in the classic Christina piercing position successfully, the only problem may be if
    missionary is your prefered position.
    The friction could cause a tearing of the dermal anchor, where as the Christina piercing is a more stable piercing.

5. Lovesteel56

Lovesteel56 Member

That's what I've heard in general about dermals, I'd be very nervous to get it done in a sensitive area like that, especially since I've never gotten a dermal before.

6. xXJarredXx

xXJarredXx El Duderino Staff Member

I love the play piercings article. The comment by Ryan also gave me a chuckle :p

7. Angel on the Edge

Thanks, Jarred! I got a laugh from Ryan's comment, too. ;-)