1. Welcome to the Painful Pleasures community! New members, please read the Rules of the Forum before posting. You should also introduce yourself here before submitting any other posts. If you're interested in sharing photos of your body mods, please read the Rules of the Gallery first. At any time, you can use the "Start a Conversation" feature to get private help from our moderators, Angel on the Edge, Dnd4evr, Rainbird, xXJarredXx, Revs, and Craftsman. Enjoy the forum!
    Dismiss Notice

Diagonal nipple piercings

Discussion in 'Ideas for New Jewelry' started by Lovesteel56, Jan 18, 2013.

1. Lovesteel56

Lovesteel56 Member

I got these done, it is almost parallel to my silhouette above my waist and makes my torso look awesome. I'd love to see more jewelry that is made for diagonal and vertical piercings, some work but most don't.

2. patbodpierce

patbodpierce Member

Sounds awesome.

3. Lovesteel56

Lovesteel56 Member

It is, I love them! Like I said I'm just limited on jewelry, but that's ok. I'd rather have boring jewelry and a unique piercing.

4. Rainbird

Rainbird The Pierced Godmother Staff Member

Congratulations on your new piercings, they sound awesome.
    Perhaps you would consider posting pics to the gallery as this is an unusual piercing and
    I would love to see how they are aligned.

5. Lovesteel56

Lovesteel56 Member

I will definitely consider it, I only hesitate because if it gets traced back to me I could lose my job, even though its innocent and not for sexual reasons. I know it doesn't make sense, but teachers are in the news all too often :-/ my piercer took a pic for her online portfolio, if I can get the pic she posted I would definitely copy the link if I'm allowed to :)

6. Rainbird

If the link is just to the picture it would be okay.
    If you don't want to put them here please don't worry about it, no pressure at all, it's just an unusual piercing.

7. Lovesteel56

Lovesteel56 Member

I know, that's what kills me. I'd love to share it.

I'll keep checking my pierces online portfolio and once it comes up ill copy it. I know I'm being paranoid but like I've said you'd be surprised at what they catch and fire teachers for.

8. Rainbird

Unfortunately I know that what you say is absolutely right, I do believe you.
    I have a friend who used to teach reception class in Texas.
    For some reason they decided they wanted to get rid of her so they made it impossible for her to stay there,
    forcing her to resign and blackening her name when references were concerned.
    Disgusting behaviour for a profession that holds itself as educators and an example of behaviour for the kids to aspire to.
    Fortunately other areas were not so biased against her nationality and she relocated and found work.
    Rant over lol

9. Lovesteel56

Lovesteel56 Member

Wow, I'm so glad she found work. I enjoy my job but I hate that scared feeling all the time. Believe it or not I feel like piercing is a good outlet. Getting my nipples pierced was an adrenaline rush that I didn't realize I desperately needed until I was coming down from it.

If anyone is considering it and has stress in their lives, I definitely recommend going for it. The rush is amazing and you have a beautiful byproduct :)

10. patbodpierce

patbodpierce Member

never thought about like that but it is so true

11. xXJarredXx

xXJarredXx El Duderino Staff Member

@Rainbird That may have been a Texas thing. The majority of people here are VERY conservative folk. I've heard of people being let go for any number of reasons, and I think that tattoos in the workplace should be perfectly fine... Why, if I owned my own successful business with employees of my own, I'd allow visible tattoos except the face and nothing racist or vulgar!

That being said, we all understand your hesitance at posting pictures of yourself exposed in any manner. There is a special social stigma attached to educators, probably because they are afraid you'll influence their children in a bad way.

The school board says, "Piercings? Next the teacher will think it's okay to smoke methamphetamine!"
    That is just how the world is these days, every one thinks people with tattoos and piercings can only be criminals and ne'er-do-wells.

12. Lovesteel56

Lovesteel56 Member

Some other teachers have them but they are the art or PE teachers, I think there's a stigma there too. If I were to get anything other than a basic lobe or cartilage I'd be called on the carpet for it (I recently put in all nine of mine and surprisingly no peers have said anything).

Unfortunately it's more political than influencing kids, they'll find a way to get rid of you just so you can be replace you with a newer, cheaper teacher. Thankfully this is my 3rd year and no raise in sight so I get aid bottom dollar, which unfortunately is more security.

Back to the diagonals, the down side is I'm very limited to the kind of jewelry that would work for it. I ordered some nipple shields from a local business last night, I look forward to getting those in the next 2 weeks. They're circular with hearts around, so it fits any angle piercing.

I'd love to learn about designing my own, the design would be fun/easy for me because I used to be an artist, it's the creating that would be a challenge.

13. Angel on the Edge

Angel on the Edge Administrator

Hey Lovesteel,

Unless you post personal info on your profile, sign your name on posts, or give away some piece of info that someone who knows you would immediately link back to you, I don't think anyone could trace your forum and gallery activities back to you. I work at PP and have full admin privileges, and if held at gunpoint, I couldn't tell anyone anything about you that would help them locate you. If you share a pic in the gallery, you'll have to create a separate account (but can use the same info as in the forum if you want) because we're redoing our site and haven't tied all the pieces back together yet, so if you want, just use a fake email address when you make the account, and then you really will be totally anonymous. Hope that helps...

Our current site's search function doesn't work all that well (the new e-commerce site's search tool ROCKS! can't wait til it launches!), so let me point you to some jewelry that might work for you with your unusually-placed piercings:
    If you find something you like, you can save 15% if you order by 4/30 by entering promo code PATRICK in cart. Happy shopping!
    Laura

14. Lovesteel56

Lovesteel56 Member

Thanks for the info! I may take the pic on my iPad so it doesn't get traced back to my phone, but ill take a look around to see where to post. Looking through all the links and posting to the wish list for when I get my tax return ;-) thanks!

15. Lovesteel56

Lovesteel56 Member

16. Angel on the Edge

Very nice! Thanks for sharing a pic! I like the diagonal placement; really neat idea. If I ever decide to have my nipples pierced, I think I'd like that better than horizontal or even vertical placement. Was that your idea or your piercer's?

I'm glad you like some of the jewelry options I sent you. The first time you change out your jewelry, you might want to have your piercer help you, or use the new jewelry to push out the old jewelry, with the pieces touching end-to-end. If you have any trouble, try a tiny drop of a water-based lubricant.

Take care,
    Laura

17. Lovesteel56

Lovesteel56 Member

Thanks for the advice! The diagonal was my idea, I thought horizontal was too common so I was going to go with vertical, but then somewhere along the line I saw or heard of diagonal ones. I did a lot of thinking and searching and thought that was the best one for me. My piercer was surprised when I told her what I want, in her 14 years of piercing she had never of it before, but as she did the placement she saw my vision and loved it herself.
    I'm SO happy with them and love that I got it done this way!

18. Angel on the Edge

That's awesome! Pretty neat that you gave your piercer a run for her money, too. No wonder she wanted a pic for her portfolio if she'd never done it that way before!

Enjoy your new piercings. :)
    Laura

19. Rainbird

Hi Lovesteel,
    Your piercings look great, congratulations. Thank you for sharing them with us.
    You will need to wait anywhere from 6 to 9 months for them to heal, maybe even a year
    before you change your jewellery. If they feel okay after 6 months I must admit I would
    be tempted to change them myself too. When you do the first change make sure that the
    new jewelleryis sterile, has been autoclaved and you have clean hands etc. to give them the best start.
    Let us know how you get on and thanks again for sharing with us.

20. Lovesteel56

Lovesteel56 Member