1. Welcome to the Painful Pleasures community! New members, please read the Rules of the Forum before posting. You should also introduce yourself here before submitting any other posts. If you're interested in sharing photos of your body mods, please read the Rules of the Gallery first. At any time, you can use the "Start a Conversation" feature to get private help from our moderators, Angel on the Edge, Dnd4evr, Rainbird, xXJarredXx, Revs, and Craftsman. Enjoy the forum!
    Dismiss Notice

Ear piercings in the 1920s?

Discussion in 'Body Jewelry' started by cartowheel, Jan 21, 2015.

1. cartowheel

cartowheel Member

Not sure if this is the right section, but here goes.

Question for those of you who are piercing history nerds:

What kind of ear piercings were in fashion in the 1920s? Specifically the late 20s? I know that lobe piercings were popular (especially with clip-ons becoming prevalent), but what about others? Helix, tragus, rook, etc? And what kind of jewelry did they wear? I've read that they wore dangles like modern jewelry and that the studs were screw-back, but I want to fact check before I take something and run with it.

I’d like to know for when I have to decorate my 3d character models when the time comes for accessories. I want to be as accurate as possible while still making the characters personal.

2. fortunes

fortunes New Member

Interesting question. I'm not sure they had ear special piercings in the 1920s beyond the most ordinary ones...