1. Welcome to the Painful Pleasures community! New members, please read the Rules of the Forum before posting. You should also introduce yourself here before submitting any other posts. If you're interested in sharing photos of your body mods, please read the Rules of the Gallery first. At any time, you can use the "Start a Conversation" feature to get private help from our moderators, Angel on the Edge, Dnd4evr, Rainbird, xXJarredXx, Revs, and Craftsman. Enjoy the forum!
    Dismiss Notice

'Ello!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by Aria, May 31, 2013.

1. Aria

Aria Member

• Name (screen name or real name)
    My name is Arianna, or Aria for short.

I am 24 years old.

• Occupation
    Full-time student

• Hobbies
    Tattoos, old movies, just about anything fun!

• Piercings (current and desired)

14g ears, and second holes so far. Looking to get: left nostril, spiderbites, to be continued!!

• Tattoos (current and desired)
    A regrettable large lettering tattoo on my inner forearm that reads "Juggalo" in thick black old english letters, a lotus with long stems on my other arm, Gir and a cupcake on my ankle, Lotus cross on my calf, and a large Catholic cross on my outer forearm in honor of my grandma.

• Other Mods (current and desired)

I don't have any currently, but I am kind of interested in a dermal on my ring finger at some point in the future.

• Anything else you want us to know about you!

I was referred here by my lovely girlfriend, you might know her as Miz. She wanted me to come here before I ended up with any more horror stories. I look forward to chatting with you all and learning more about the world of body modification!

2. dnd4evr

dnd4evr Super Moderator Staff Member

Welcome to the Painful Pleasures community! Thank you for tell us a bit more about yourself in the proper place. Please read the Rules of the Forum at your convenience.

The gallery is available for viewing or posting. At this time you have to create another log in ID for that as well. The same user name and password can be used if you wish. Without a log in you will be able to see non-mature content, but you will not be able to post there or view mature content.

If you have any questions about the forum or gallery, feel free to reach out to me or our other moderators, Angel on the Edge, Rainbird, Craftsman and xXJarredXx.

In our battle against spammers, your first three posts will have to be manually approved as I've done here, then they will go live instantly after that.

Yes, I believe I have read a couple of Miz's postings. We like to educate people before they start a new project and help afterwards if there are any problems. When you have something new in mind either ask or research the forum.

I noticed in your hobbies you said "...just about anything fun". Careful, some people define fun in rather odd ways... lol.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2017
  3. Miz

Miz Member

Welcome, Love!!!!

I figured it would be nicer for you to ask and discuss these fine people BEFORE you do whatever mod... unlike me lol.

And I'm sure it will be alright, seeing as Aria is indeed an odd kinda lady lmao. xD

4. dnd4evr

Ah ha... lol

5. Aria

Aria Member

Thank you dnd sometimes i have a bad choice of the way i word things lol

And miz yes i am odd but normal is overrated hehe

6. dnd4evr

I just approved your 3rd posting. All future postings will now go up immediately.

7. Aria

Aria Member

I also had a question when i signed up it did not let me chose a username it automatically gave me the first part of my email. I was wondering if there was anyway this could be fixed?

8. dnd4evr

Angel on the Edge (Laura Hill) can help you with that. I am not sure why it does that. I recently helped someone setup up a gallery ID and it took the actual name automatically even though I put in a user ID that had nothing to do with the actual name. I know the site is in the process of being transformed so hopefully these issues will be worked out. You can message her directly if need be, but she should see this thread on Monday.

9. Angel on the Edge

Angel on the Edge Administrator

Hi Aria,

Welcome to the PP community! We're glad to have you here! I'm sorry about the screen name issue. That happens when the username you've chosen is already in use, and instead of asking you to pick another one, the system just grabs the first part of your email address. We have it in queue to be fixed when our new e-commerce site launches, but in the meantime, I can help you change it. Please tell me what you'd like it to be and give me some options with #'s at the end in case the exact variation you want is taken. Once I change it, it will update on all of your previous posts, too.

All the Best,
    Laura

10. Aria

Aria Member

Thank you Laura for the warm welcome.

As far as a screen name goes i would like it to be Aria or Mizz Aria if those are available?

11. Angel on the Edge

Hey Aria,

Oddly enough, I think you did secure the screen name you wanted originally. Something is definitely wonky with our system. I'll point this out to our programmer. Did you by chance update your email address after signing up? I heard of that issue with someone else; it created a whole new account for them when they changed their email address. Anyway, it looks like you can now login with Arianna (tied to a yahoo account), but I've also changed your current screen name to Aria (tied to a Gmail account). Let me know if I can do anything else for you.

All the Best,
    Laura

12. Aria

Aria Member

Thank you for all your help Laura!!

13. Angel on the Edge

My pleasure, Aria! Can you please get back to me about whether or not your updated your email address after signing up? I'm trying to figure out if that's what's causing a 2nd account to be created for some users.

Thanks!
    Laura

14. Aria

Aria Member

I do believe i used my yahoo the first time i tried to sign up. But i couldn't remember my password to it so i used my gmail.

15. Angel on the Edge

Ah, gotcha. Thanks for letting me know!
    Laura

16. Aria

Aria Member

No problem i hope this helps solve some of the issues