1. Welcome to the Painful Pleasures community! New members, please read the Rules of the Forum before posting. You should also introduce yourself here before submitting any other posts. If you're interested in sharing photos of your body mods, please read the Rules of the Gallery first. At any time, you can use the "Start a Conversation" feature to get private help from our moderators, Angel on the Edge, Dnd4evr, Rainbird, xXJarredXx, Revs, and Craftsman. Enjoy the forum!
    Dismiss Notice

Enabling PMs

Discussion in 'Forum Help' started by swilsonmn, Jun 25, 2011.

1. swilsonmn

swilsonmn New Member

How does one go about turning on the ability to send/receive PMs?

In looking at the FAQs its supposed to be on the UserCP, but alas now such luck for me.

Could one of you friendly admins lend me a hand?

Thanks in advance!
    Steve

2. xXJarredXx

xXJarredXx El Duderino Staff Member

I checked my usercp and I cannot find any options for enabling or disabling private messages. I'll ask some of the others...

3. greenotter

greenotter Member

I think us mere mortals have to befriend each other before messaging. I can message Rainbird and Jarred but not you yet.

4. swilsonmn

swilsonmn New Member

I believe I have it sorted out now.
    there are multiple software packages that make up the PP website.
    vbulletin (the forum SW) has a PM capability and the SW that drives the account section of the PP site has PM ability as well.
    The vbulletin PMs are turned off, so one needs to use the PM capability of the overall website. (once you are logged in go the upper right corner and click my profile and then click where it talks about private messages) it appears that you dont actually need to friend someone prior to sending a private message (as the friend requests I have accepted were from the vbulletin SW and my account under the PP main part of the site does not reflect them, but allowed me to send anyway.

Hope that helps anyone else who was as confused as I was about it.
    if someone is still confused let me know and Ill try and help you out.

Steve

5. Rainbird

Rainbird The Pierced Godmother Staff Member

Steve, I have pm you. Glad that you managed to sort it out.

6. darkcrow343

darkcrow343 Member

Glad you got it sorted I to work it out but didn't have a clue lol