1. Welcome to the Painful Pleasures community! New members, please read the Rules of the Forum before posting. You should also introduce yourself here before submitting any other posts. If you're interested in sharing photos of your body mods, please read the Rules of the Gallery first. At any time, you can use the "Start a Conversation" feature to get private help from our moderators, Angel on the Edge, Dnd4evr, Rainbird, xXJarredXx, Revs, and Craftsman. Enjoy the forum!
    Dismiss Notice

Finger piercing issue

Discussion in 'Surface Piercings' started by stephlaine4_32, Apr 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stephlaine4_32

stephlaine4_32 New Member

My piercing is stuck. I've had this for over 2 years and have never really had a problem other than the usual swell, ooze, crust routine. The bar that I have in is the same one that I was pierced with, I only change the balls out. I've taken it out a few times over the last two years to clean it out real well, the last time was withen the last 2 months. I rotate it in the shower and clean my hands pretty frequently. Now, I have tried to take it out to change it to a titanium set and the bar will not come out at all. It's not red, swollen, or oozy, there's no pain at all actually. Today I've given it a sea salt soak to see if any fluid comes out- maybe it is swollen and unable to ooze from being too tight? I don't want to loose this baby- I've done great keeping it so far. TIA

2. xXJarredXx

xXJarredXx El Duderino Staff Member

When you say usual crust, ooze, and swell routine, do you mean during the healing process, or since then?

I've never heard of a piercing being "stuck" without some sort of lymph or blood that gets it stuck. Swelling is also very possible, if you can, try to post a picture of the piercing so we can see what we're working with?

Also, as this is your first post. You should go over to Introduce Yourself area and make a thread to let us know a little bit about yourself! :)

3. Rainbird

Rainbird The Pierced Godmother Staff Member

Hi Steph,
    Looking forward to hearing back from you about yourself and the piercing sticking issue. A picture would be really helpful.

4. stephlaine4_32

Thanks you guys. :D
    I went and posted my hello and also uploaded a pic to the gallery. I don't "forum" often- is there a way to upload it directly to my post?
    Jared~ thanks for the reply! The "usual" ooze is what I thought was usual..but now that you've said something, I'm second guessing myself! lol When it gets bumped or snagged, it will turn red, swell, then ooze a little. Very seldom it swells without me bumping it (not that I notice anyways), in which case I soak it in a warm sea salt compress. The fluid drains, swelling goes down, and it's pretty as a peach the next day. The picture that I posted makes it look kind of red, and it is a little because I've been messing with it. I think I've figured out that, when you look at the picture, on the right hand side, the skin is stuck to the bar. When I move it, I can see a gap, but only half way around. This is on the exit side. Normally, when I have issues with it, it's on the entry side.

Rainbird~ Thank you for your curiosity too, any help would be appreciated. When I was doing the research before I got it, on average, people had said that they were able to keep it for 6 months before it started rejecting. I've grown attached (haha- no pun intended) to this thing!

5. piercedpussylicker

piercedpussylicker New Member

I would try to wash it real well, soak your hand for a bit to loosen it up inside the fistula and rub some antibacterial soap on it for lubrication then try to get it out.

6. stephlaine4_32

Alright, what's plan b? Have tried that method and it still won't come loose...

7. xXJarredXx

If you want to put a picture into the thread itself, when you click the reply button, click "Go Advanced" and from there scroll down and you will see a "Manage Attachments" button, which should allow you to add an image. Please keep in mind the size restriction, so you made need to re-size the picture to make it fit.

I looked at the galleries, and can't find the picture, also I'm not sure how to see your pictures from your profile. Maybe Rainbird can help me with that? If you've posted the picture very recently, it may not be approved for posting yet.

I'm still not sure on what a stuck piercing might be like, so I'm pretty anxious to see the picture, have you tried very warm water? Warm/hot water such as a shower, will often make your skin more pliable and easier to move piercings in.

8. piercedpussylicker

Yea Jarred I am not sure how to view pictures from a profile on here either used to be able to do it until they updated them now though idk and I couldnt see it in the gallery either. Steph pop a vicodin and yank it out with a pliers? lol just kidding. Let me think on this and ask a few friends because I have never heard or seen of a stuck piercing myself.

9. stephlaine4_32

Ok, let's see if this worked..
    So, looking at the pic, the entry was on the left (green ball) and the exit side (yellow) is the side that I think is stuck, my piercing doesn't look any different, looks great- not too red, no swelling, nothing. It doesn't appear to be pushing out through the skin. It is kind of off center, though, because I can't move it. Your plan b, *pierced is starting to sound like a good idea. hah
    I think tomorrow I'm going to run up to the local shop and see what they say. I guess that should have been plan a, but because it doesn't look bad or infected, I'm just not too worried about it. But after talking to y'all, it's obvious that it's not "norm". I don't want to pull on it too much more, because if it is embedded it'd rip.

Attached Files:

• 005.jpg
      005.jpg
      File size:
      81.7 KB
      Views:
  10. xXJarredXx

I looked at the picture as zoomed in as I could, and it looks like a normal piercing, maybe still healing a little bit. Looks like it might be a little crusty on the edges? Either way, going to the shop would be a good step from here!

11. piercedpussylicker

Is that barbell bent or straight? That is crazy placement! A while back I ran across finger piercing pics somewhere but it was on the tip so i was assuming thats where yours was. Let us know what the shop does and says when you get there. Please tell me that the colors of the barbell ends are not signifigant to any particular NFL team lol.

12. xXJarredXx

Lol, It looks like the barbell is bent.

13. stephlaine4_32

Sorry I never replied! I wanted to update this just for future searchers. Yes it is a curved bar- and eyebrow 18g. And no sports reference to the colors. hah This past February marked 3 years that I've had it. Still looks great, no sign of rejection, no other issues since. Never made it to the shop; the day or two after I started this thread I gave it a once over and it looked like the piece of skin that had it stuck was starting to dry out. I pushed against the ball on one side and gently forced the bar out on the other and the skin just came off (not to sound gross) like an old scab. Wasn't sore afterwards and hasn't swollen since. It's perfect. :rolleyes:

14. xXJarredXx

Congratulations on the good healing for your piercing! Since this issue has been resolved I am going to close this thread as it is quite old.

Feel free to make any new threads if you have another issue with it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.