1. Welcome to the Painful Pleasures community! New members, please read the Rules of the Forum before posting. You should also introduce yourself here before submitting any other posts. If you're interested in sharing photos of your body mods, please read the Rules of the Gallery first. At any time, you can use the "Start a Conversation" feature to get private help from our moderators, Angel on the Edge, Dnd4evr, Rainbird, xXJarredXx, Revs, and Craftsman. Enjoy the forum!
    Dismiss Notice

Going from 14g to 16g

Discussion in 'Nipple Piercings' started by sedwards89, Apr 18, 2018.

1. sedwards89

sedwards89 New Member

Is there anything I should be aware of to look out for if I switch my 14g barbells to 16g? How long should it "normally" take for the holes to "shrink" down around the smaller gauge? I would return the jewelry i ordered & get 14s but I really feel I am going to like something a little smaller (plus I'm very impatient ;)). I've had them done for 3 years now. Thanks in advance for any responses!!!

richeturners likes this.
  2. richeturners

richeturners Member

Hey Shaina,
    Most piercers I know pierce nipples with 14g (1.6mm) to minimise the risk of rejection or cheese wiring the piercing site. Your piercings are well healed though, I suspect, so personally I wouldn't worry too much about dropping to 16g (wouldn't go smaller than that). Nipples have a tendency to shrink up quite quickly (difficult to put a time on) and you are talking about relatively small gauges. I doubt you will have any problems and if you want to go bigger again then you can carry out gradual stretches to take your nipples to bigger gauges but patience is better for stretching ;)
    If you're in any doubt though then it may be best to have a chat with your local piercer about it.

Let us know how you get on :)

Last edited: Apr 22, 2018
  3. sherodesigns

sherodesigns Administrator