1. Welcome to the Painful Pleasures community! New members, please read the Rules of the Forum before posting. You should also introduce yourself here before submitting any other posts. If you're interested in sharing photos of your body mods, please read the Rules of the Gallery first. At any time, you can use the "Start a Conversation" feature to get private help from our moderators, Angel on the Edge, Dnd4evr, Rainbird, xXJarredXx, Revs, and Craftsman. Enjoy the forum!
    Dismiss Notice

Good Day!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by JivaroTsantsa, Jul 11, 2013.

1. JivaroTsantsa

JivaroTsantsa New Member

Hello everybody! Im Jivaro, new the the area as well as to body modifications. I have 6 tattoos, and and 4 recent piercings. I'm 28 and in the Army, which I love. I'm currently deployed to the middle east right now, and I'm about halfway done with my tour.

I look forward to learning from everyone, and hope to impart a thing or two as well.

Jivaro

2. dnd4evr

dnd4evr Super Moderator Staff Member

Welcome to the Painful Pleasures community! Thank you for introducing yourself in the proper location. Also, please read the Rules of the Forum at your convenience.

The gallery is available for viewing or posting. At this time you have to create another log in ID for that as well. The same user name and password can be used if you wish. Without a log in you will be able to see non-mature content, but you will not be able to post there or view mature content.

If you have any questions about the forum or gallery, feel free to reach out to me or our other moderators, Angel on the Edge, Rainbird, Craftsman and xXJarredXx.

In our battle against spammers, your first three posts will have to be manually approved as I've done here, then they will go live instantly after that.

Good luck with the rest of your tour of duty. We look forward to hearing you are home safe and sound.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2017
  3. JivaroTsantsa

JivaroTsantsa New Member

Thank you for the warm welcome. I've been checking out the site for sometime, dnd4evr, and I must say, I learned a great deal about the piercings that I got from yourself, as well as rainbird.

After months of research, I had a successful DIY Frenum ladder done recently. That is the primary reason for my joining the site, because I wanted to share the experience everyone, maybe help provide some guidance for someone who is thinking about a DIY, and receive a little constructive criticism from my fellow piercing enthusiasts.

Jivaro

4. dnd4evr

Thank you for the kind words. I am sure Rainbird will appreciate the nice words as well. Angle on the Edge, Craftsman and Jarred are also here to help and have lots of wonderful advice as well. We all learn from each other too so depending you your project one of them may be better suited to help.

5. xXJarredXx

xXJarredXx El Duderino Staff Member

Hello and welcome to Painful Pleasures forums! I have an employee under me who as a day job works for the reserves. He was stationed in Kuwait a few years back. He's an aircraft mechanic or something else like that. All I know is he is the guy who tries his best to make sure the helicopters and jets stay flying :p

6. Angel on the Edge

Angel on the Edge Administrator

Hi Jivaro,

Welcome to the PP community! We're glad to have you here. Thank you, too, for your service to our country. I appreciate you and all you do to protect my freedom!

Dnd mentioned the login issues with the gallery. I wanted to set something straight regarding logging in. We thought at first that it was necessary to create a separate account, but it isn't. You can't create a separate account unless you use a different email address, which you can do if you want. However, you should be able to just login with the full email address you used to register and your password, as long as you've verified your account via the email we sent after you registered. Since you're using the forum, you must be verified already.

After you login to the gallery for the first time, you may notice that your name appears just as it does here, as JivaroTsantsa, when the username you selected should display. I can easily change your username in the forum for you, but I will need our programmer to fix the issue in the gallery. Once we launch our new online store (hopefully very soon!), we can deal with this issue once and for all, but in the meantime, we have to manually change usernames in the gallery. Please let me know if you'd like me to change your username for you, and if so, what you want it to be instead.

Enjoy the forum and gallery! Looking forward to hearing more about your piercings and tattoos and possibly seeing pictures in our gallery.

All the Best,
    Laura

7. Rainbird

Rainbird The Pierced Godmother Staff Member

Hi Jivaro.
    Thank you for your kind words.
    We do our very best to help and support the mod community and enjoy some banter as well.
    Welcome to the site, I'm glad that you have decided to join in after lurking around on the sidelines
    for a while.
    Looking forward to hearing more from you soon and if you do have any questions please do ask.

8. JivaroTsantsa

JivaroTsantsa New Member

Thank you everyone! It seems like I wont be able to check the gallery unfortunately. The internet provider here is mandated to not allow any XXX type websites, and the gallery apparently falls under that type. Guess it will have to just wait until I get home.

9. dnd4evr

That sounds like a load of crap. Censorship is an evil practice.

10. Angel on the Edge

Sorry to hear that Jivaro! Due to the mature content, it doesn't surprise me that you're having trouble viewing our gallery overseas. There are sites you can use to browse sites like ours even when they'd normally be blocked. This article has some tips that may be helpful to you: http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/5-methods-to-bypass-blocked-sites/

All the Best,
    Laura

11. JivaroTsantsa

JivaroTsantsa New Member

Lol dnd, I think more so we don't offend the host nation, as their religious beliefs govern how they run their country. Angel, thank you very much for those links. One of them in there worked brilliantly, and I'm now able to access the gallery.

12. xXJarredXx

The great Chinese firewall comes to mind. With all the corruptness and as scary as the American government can be at times, I'm still glad I am allowed to do mostly what I want online. Although if I was to search something like "how to make bombs" or something they would definitely write my name down on a list somewhere... Patriot Act and all that.

13. dnd4evr

Any government that thinks is can regulate the private viewing of consensual adult material of everyone, even those not of their religion, is too invasive. They might was sell put a chip in our heads.

I can think of one legitimate reason to do that search off the top of my head Jarred. If I were writing a novel and I wanted to be accurate in the details, I might want to look it up. Knowledge is a scary thing for those in charge. It threatens their authority if you think for yourself. Why do you think the bible includes the story of the apple? The church was a major ruling power and the unquestioned faith of the followers kept it there for years.

14. xXJarredXx

Religion and Goverment exist to dictate lives. I don't mean to offend and religious people here, and I respect everyone's right to believe what they want. It is simply my personal belief that as moral as some religions may appear, you live by their rules or you're out.

15. Angel on the Edge

That's great, Jivaro! So glad you can view the gallery now!

Laura

16. JivaroTsantsa

JivaroTsantsa New Member

dnd and Jarred, I completely agree with you. We pay for our internet here, 90$ for an outrageously slow ( max speed 512kbs, at like 0200-0400 if your lucky), we should be allowed to view any material we want. Its all military rules and orders that govern us over here. No alcohol, no males in females rooms or vice-versa, we aren't even supposed to have "adult material" on our personal hard drives. Sometimes its ridiculous, but its all for "good order and discipline" and yada yada yada. No worries though, I little less than 90 days before I'm back in "Merica! haha

Angel, I found another avenue that you can put in your toolbox. Hidemyass/dot/com is a free proxy website that I found very good. Simply put the blocked website in and it takes care of the rest.

17. dnd4evr

Well, you are protecting our freedoms. I guess it doesn't mean you have the right to the same ones while doing it... lol. Be careful and don't get caught. With only 90 days left I would hate to see them find a reason to discipline you.

18. xXJarredXx

512 kpbs for 90$?! That is crazy! I pay 30$ for my slowest DSL. Thank you for giving up your freedoms so we can have ours :)

19. Angel on the Edge

I just wanted to echo Jarred & Dnd's words of thanks, Jivaro! Please don't get yourself in trouble, though.

Also, thank you for that link; I appreciate having another option in my toolkit!

Take care,
    Laura