1. Welcome to the Painful Pleasures community! New members, please read the Rules of the Forum before posting. You should also introduce yourself here before submitting any other posts. If you're interested in sharing photos of your body mods, please read the Rules of the Gallery first. At any time, you can use the "Start a Conversation" feature to get private help from our moderators, Angel on the Edge, Dnd4evr, Rainbird, xXJarredXx, Revs, and Craftsman. Enjoy the forum!
    Dismiss Notice

hafada/scrotum issues

Discussion in 'Genital Piercings' started by herman.d.cortes, Jan 30, 2018.

1. herman.d.cortes

herman.d.cortes New Member

Hey gang,
    So I got a hafada piercing (10g, 3/4" CBR) at the back of my scrotum, kinda where the scrotum hangs. so almost a guiche. Got pierced on Jan 2 and it's Jan 30 and I'm still having issues. First, my thighs kept bumping the ring when I walked so I had to waddle and it was annoying (and bad on my knees). After a few days, I swapped jewelry for a 10g curved barbell! It felt way better to walk thankfully!

Even though I soak it w/ sea salt 2x a day and clean off the crusties and shave around the area, it still hurts when I walk because my thighs keep bumping it. Walking with wide feet helps but it looks stupid+ awkward and is hurting my knees after doing it for so long. If I lift my sack, it's fine and I can walk normally and pain-free for a few minutes. But it's been a month now and I don't think it's getting better.

So will it get better? How much longer do I have to wait? Or should I just take it out cuz the placement is bad?

I'm seriously considering taking it out (even though it'd be a waste of $$) because in a few weeks I'll be starting a new job out in public and I can't exactly shove my hands down my pants every few minutes or walk like a cowboy.

Before pic (mature content!)
    https://bodypiercingpictures.painfulpleasures.com/content/lorum-and-hafada-cbrs

After pic (more mature content!)
    https://bodypiercingpictures.painfulpleasures.com/content/lorum-cbr-and-hafada-curved-barbell

PS. I'm curious about getting a guiche piercing, but I'm having second thoughts and wonder if my thighs will keep bumping it no matter how small the jewelry is... Thoughts?

2. herman.d.cortes

will post an up=close pic of the hafada once it's approved. i think it's a bit swollen? Or maybe the jewelry is too tight?

3. richeturners

richeturners New Member

Hi fella
    The piercings look tidy in the pix. The hafada can take a few months to heal and if you keep tagging it with your legs when walking then it could be the position or size may not be quite right. The bar does look a bit tight but I'm guessing if you go wider then it will be catching your legs more. Has your piercer made any other suggestions?

If you go for the guiche then see if your piercer could possibly spin it through 90° so it is sited laterally along the mid line. May be worth considering.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2018
  4. herman.d.cortes

Here's a close-up of just the hafada with the surved barbell in. It's looking pretty swollen on the left.
    https://bodypiercingpictures.painfulpleasures.com/content/closeup-hafada-swelling

I don't live in the city where I got the piercings anymore so if I visit a local piercer there might be a service charge and I've already spent $140 on that one piercing along so...

And ya I'm considering the vertical guiche (I think that's what they're called). But I just find it a lot less attractive than a normal guiche, especially with a ring (or even the horseshoe style barbell)!

5. richeturners

richeturners New Member

I'm no expert herman.d.cortes but personally I would say the bar is not long enough in the hafada for this stage of the healing. Closer fitting jewelry is probably okay in full healed fistulas.
    Be a shame to lose the piercing after your investment. I think you need some advice from someone with more experience in jewelry and fitting.
    I hope somebody on this forum may be able to give more insight.
    Good luck with it

6. Jon_mod

Jon_mod New Member

I have a lorum piercing. Similar in placement to yours. It took upwards of about 8 months for it to heal. The first 2 months it was sore. I know it’s not the hafada/guiche your talking about but it’s all I have to compare it to.

That being said I’m really glad you posted this and would love to get an answer myself. I’ve been thinking about having a guiche piercing and also another hafada with similar placement to yours. I’ve been worried about it since my thighs also rub as I walk. I’m worried I may not be anatomically suited to those particular piercings. I’ve looked in a mirror and I don’t see any room for jewelry to be worn when I stand. Please let us know how this works out. Best of luck to you! I hope you find a way to keep it!

7. herman.d.cortes

So i met with a piercer today who looked at my hafada! She said the placement and size of the jewelry was fine! She figured my issues were due to movement in the area both from walking and from my genitals.

So she recommended adding baby aspirin to my salt water soaks And wearing very tight underwear to restrict as much movement of the scrotum and penis.

As for a future guiche she only recommended the vertical guiche (going from front to back). A horizontal guiche ( going from side to side) would just run into the same issues I'm having with my current hafada.

So all in all lots of valuable info!

8. richeturners

richeturners New Member

That sounds really good!
    Presumably the addition of baby aspirin will act as an anti inflammatory on the piercing site.
    Good luck with the healing and potential future guiche! ;)

9. herman.d.cortes

Ya that's exactly it. Would never have occured to me to dissolve aspirin into the soak haha

I'm trying to think of when to get a guiche... Either in may, the summer or december... Or... Or ... Or.. Haha
    Trying to find a time where i don't have to sit lots or can stay away from the public for a while (in case I walk funny) is tough!!