1. Welcome to the Painful Pleasures community! New members, please read the Rules of the Forum before posting. You should also introduce yourself here before submitting any other posts. If you're interested in sharing photos of your body mods, please read the Rules of the Gallery first. At any time, you can use the "Start a Conversation" feature to get private help from our moderators, Angel on the Edge, Dnd4evr, Rainbird, xXJarredXx, Revs, and Craftsman. Enjoy the forum!
    Dismiss Notice

Hello from NC.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by tattdxupxmama, Jul 28, 2013.

1. tattdxupxmama

tattdxupxmama New Member

Hi, my name is Tiffany. I'm about to turn 23, been pierced since 14, tattooed since 18.
    All together I've had 8 tattoos (One is a cover up). I have a memorial on the back of my neck with blue wings, a pitch fork behind my right ear, anatomically correct heart on my chest covering up a cross hair bulls-eye I decided to spontaneously get when I was 18. I also have my son's feet print, one below each collar bone. "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle." on my forearm, and a rabbit skeleton with a broken pocket watch (Not Alice in Wonderland themed, before anyone asks) on my lower right back. All of my tattoos have meaning behind them.
    Piercing wise I've had my left eyebrow, right nostril, and labret. I also had my ear lobes stretched out to a 0 with intentions of going bigger. I removed all of it for work back in 2009 and just got my septum done Friday, woo hoo.
    My hobbies right now are basically living life. I'm a full time online student going into Early Childhood Education and hoping to focus on special needs and stay at home mother to a 2 1/2 year old boy named Nikolai. He's my little dude and I hope even though I'm doing this parent thing alone, I'm doing a good job.
    Future tattoo ideas would definitely be to incorporate a full chest piece, and I'd love to have 3/4 sleeves as well. Considering a cover up for my forearm tattoo due to the fact I've lost 83 lbs since having it done. Didn't really think that one out very well. Right now I'm wanting to put a pause on tatts since I had a medical issue when I was getting my last one done. Right now I'm more interested in the piercing aspect of body mod.

So, that's about it. I'm long winded and extremely open, and body modification is a big passion in my life along with my career and kiddo. Stoked to be here, looking forward to meeting some new people.

2. Angel on the Edge

Angel on the Edge Administrator

Hi Tattdxupxmama,

Welcome to the Painful Pleasures community! Thanks for introducing yourself in the right spot. Please take a moment to read the Rules of the Forum here. Note that your next 2 posts will also need to be approved by a moderator, but after that you'll be able to post freely. If you have any questions about the forum or gallery, feel free to reach out to me or our other moderators, Rainbird, xXJarredXx, Dnd4vr, and Craftsman.

Thank you for sharing your mods with us! Congrats on the new septum piercing! We'd love to hear what you have in mind for a forearm cover-up once you decide. You should be proud of yourself for getting healthy and have your cover-up be a celebration of your new self and the transformation you've gone through--maybe even something that incorporates a butterfly? I lost 30 lbs. a couple years ago and kept it off until I got married last October, but then 25 lbs. flew back on as soon as the stress of planning a wedding while finding and starting a new job had passed. I'm working on it, but it's tough! 83 lbs. of weight loss is a huge accomplishment, and you should be very proud of yourself!

Looking forward to seeing you around the forum!
    Laura

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2017
  3. xXJarredXx

xXJarredXx El Duderino Staff Member

Hello and welcome to the forums! I'll be 23 myself in nine days. Shhh, don't tell the other forums goers otherwise I'll be flooded with birthday wishes ;)

I love the name Nikolai! It is my mother's maiden name (with a c "Nickolai"). We are mostly German with some Russian for good measure. I am a second generation American, though I would love to go visit Berlin where my grandparents grew up and enjoy all the sights, sounds, and delicious scrumptious German delicacies :)

Glad to have you on board!

-Jarred

4. Angel on the Edge

Happy early birthday, Jarred! Embrace your upcoming birthday, youngin'! I turn 32 tomorrow. :p I feel ancient! Apparently I'm not too old to get a stern lecture from my dad, though. He blew my mind last night by telling me that he's ashamed to tell people where I work and sad that I've continued to work here when I could get a "better" job. He also suggested that I either take out my nose stud or stay home from our upcoming family vacation since my extended family doesn't know yet that I've pierced my nose--you know, if I need more time to come to the realization that I'm making a terrible life decision by keeping it. He said that even if I take it out later, they'll never think of me the same way again--that it's a known fact that only degenerates, people who were molested as children, drug addicts, and other psychologically messed-up people get tattoos and piercings, and that I'll be labeled as the black sheep of the family forever after if I show my face with my jewelry still in. Man oh man, it's great to be a grown-up and still be treated like a stupid little kid!

Hope your birthday is a more carefree, fun-filled day than mine's sure to be this year!

Laura

5. dnd4evr

dnd4evr Super Moderator Staff Member

Rainbird and I have you both beat. Not sure that's a point of honor or not. I am not sure that I feel old yet, but the thought of my age is not one of joy. I can still surprise and sometimes out perform some younger people though so that's a plus.

Angel, you missed a perfect opportunity to shut your dad the hell up. You should have asked your dad, "Then why did you molest me if you didn't want me getting pierced?" Personally I like being the shocker of the family. During the holiday gathering of 2008 I popped the video of my 50th birthday skydive for everyone to see. You could have heard a pin drop. ;) I am the only one with a tattoo as far as I know (wife's not blood). I would imagine I am the only person with a piercing below the neck as well (they don't know about those yet so shhh).

6. Rainbird

Rainbird The Pierced Godmother Staff Member

Laura I am very sad for you, your parents attitude smacks of the dark ages and your father thinks
    that he can still impose his values and will over yours. Very sad.
    I reached the grand old age of 56 this year and the only family I have left now is my sister she
    knows about my tats and most of my piercings.
    Since I am a naturist quite a few people know about them actually.

7. xXJarredXx

Wow! My father may have not always liked the decisions I made, but I have a very loving and supportive family. I would never be called a disgrace, except maybe by my grandparents.

I can't say I'll be doing much anything fun, it will be my one day off this coming week. I have just gotten a promotion at work, so I'll be operating my own store as a full fledged manager which requires a minimum of 50 hours a week.

As far as my mother goes, she has me beat in ink. She's incredibly allergic to pretty much all piercings for whatever reason, but I believe she has something like 12 tattoos. You could say she made me who I am today lol.

8. patbodpierce

patbodpierce Member

Laura

Boy I am sorry to hear that story. Unfortunately, it is so common even n this day and age of s called enlightenment. All I can say is be true to yourself and remember you have a heap if friends in this forum that support yo fully.

Cheers and hang in there.

9. Angel on the Edge

Thank you guys for all of your support! It really means a lot to me. :) I had lots of ideas about how I could twist my dad's words back on him, but I chose to just not talk about it until we got to the beach. I felt out my aunts first to make sure I wouldn't be walking into a firestorm, and when I got a good response, I decided I was going and definitely wasn't taking out my jewelry first, and that was that.

Once at the beach, everything played out much better than I expected. None of my aunts cared about my little piercing and they were all super supportive of me. When my parents got to the beach, my dad asked if anyone had said anything about my piercing. I told him that I'd talked to my aunts about my job, my piercing, etc., and they were really positive. I took the jewelry out and showed him, and he said something like, "Oh, it's just a teeny tiny little pin! The [starter] jewelry looked so big that I thought you had a huge hole in your nose." I said I'd been trying to tell him all along that I just wanted a tasteful little gem in my nostril, but I had to wait for the initial healing period before changing my jewelry. I showed him how small the hole is and reminded him that it will close within hours when/if I decide to take the piercing out. At the end of the conversation, we hugged, got a little teary-eyed as my dad told me that if he died tomorrow, he'd die happy knowing that he did at least 1 good thing in life by having 2 amazing kids, and that was the end of it. We had a lovely time together for the rest of the trip.

With any cultural change, a good chunk of the older generation will be offended by it, the younger generation will mostly embrace it, and their children will know no other way and won't think twice about it. Think about a couple living together before marriage. There was a time that it was absolutely not acceptable for that to happen, but some people still did it. Then more people did, and then it became more the rule than the exception to the rule that people should make sure they can successfully cohabitate before getting married. Everything evolves, physically and culturally, but as things change, someone somewhere will always be uncomfortable with that change. Some of those people will be extremists who feel the need to try to force their ideals on others. Those people rarely triumph in the long-run, though, so why waste too much energy on them? At least my dad's just a concerned parent who loves his daughter and wants the best for her and not an extremist who couldn't be reasoned with!

Thanks again,
    Laura

10. Angel on the Edge

Jarred, congrats on your promotion! It's awesome that you're now operating your own store! I'm sorry you have to work so much, but that's the way to get ahead. Glad to hear you at least had your birthday off. Hope you had a nice, relaxing day! :)

Just for the record, I have an incredibly loving, supportive family, too. I know I painted a bad picture of my dad in my earlier post, but I was upset. Although I didn't like the case he presented, my dad did say what he had to say in the sweetest way possible, telling me he was just doing his due diligence as a parent, like he did when he told me not to touch a hot stove as a child, that he loved me no matter what and would be giving me a big hug right then if I'd had time to have the conversation face-to-face, etc. Later he said he never meant for me to think he was ashamed of me in any way, that he couldn't be prouder of me, but that sometimes he was embarrassed to tell people where I work. I get that; I've definitely gotten more comfortable with it over the past year, but there are still times I blush when I tell someone "I work at Painful Pleasures, and my husband's in a death metal band called Dying Fetus." You'd be amazed how much those words can blow someone's mind, lol!
    Laura

11. xXJarredXx

Lol, it doesn't help much that "Painful Pleasures" sounds more like adult entertainment than a modifications company ;)

12. dnd4evr

Some might even mistake it for a BDSM site.

13. xXJarredXx

Most definitely they do. I tell co workers that I do volunteer stuff on here, and they think things like that! :p

I guess in a way it is a bit. Things like suspensions and genital piercings toe the line between body modifications and BDSM.

14. Angel on the Edge

Well, we do sell a small selection of adult toys and have photos in our gallery that more than toe the line into BDSM. There are lots of people who post pictures of their bound up genitals, etc. Anyway, the name can be a tough pill for more conservative folks to swallow, which is why I always try to preface the name with a description of what we do. It goes a long way in cushioning the shock, lol.

15. dnd4evr

I usually get some interesting looks when I mention I'm a moderator on this site.

16. Angel on the Edge

I bet you do!

17. Rainbird

Rainbird The Pierced Godmother Staff Member

BDSM questions - send them my way folks ;)