1. Welcome to the Painful Pleasures community! New members, please read the Rules of the Forum before posting. You should also introduce yourself here before submitting any other posts. If you're interested in sharing photos of your body mods, please read the Rules of the Gallery first. At any time, you can use the "Start a Conversation" feature to get private help from our moderators, Angel on the Edge, Dnd4evr, Rainbird, xXJarredXx, Revs, and Craftsman. Enjoy the forum!
    Dismiss Notice

Hello. I'm Deano from Baton Rouge, LA

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by Deano, Apr 2, 2010.

1. Deano

Deano New Member

I'm Deano, I'm 23 years old, married with one child. I did 4 years of active duty in the USAF and am still enlisted in the reserve. I'm currently a student at Baton Rouge Community College building up credits to transfer to LSU. My hobbies include anything automotive, movies, music(pretty much any sub-genre of rock, except for emo), and several TV shows(24, Family Guy, other great FOX shows). I just got my first piercing Monday, 28 Mar, 2010. It's a vertical labret at 14ga. I have 5 tattoos, in order from first to last, Godsmack tribal sun with yin-yang center, April 2005, "I think therefore I am" on my right pectoral, January 2006, matching pentacles on the inside of each bicep, April 2006, and, lastly, LXD 4-21-09 on my left rib cage, August 2009. Those are my daughter's initials and birth date. I don't currently have any plans to do anything else, but if I were, I wouldn't mind getting a half-sleeve on my right arm and MAYBE my earlobes at 16ga with spiked horseshoes.

Well, that's pretty much it, if you want to know more, feel free to ask.:mrgreen:

2. Scooter

Scooter --Mom-- Staff Member

Hello Deano!!! WELCOME to the forum. Glad to have you here!
    So y'all live in Red Stick LA (or is that Stick *baton* Red *rouge*):roll:

Another Southerner to boot. Hope y'all find this community helpful. Any probs, IM me (Scooter) or Rainbird or Revs.

3. xXJarredXx

xXJarredXx El Duderino Staff Member

Welcome to PP, I thought being enlisted it was illegal to get tattos? Being property of the government and all that. I wanted to go to USAF. Wanted to go to school to be an officer and fly the F22-A Raptor someday!

The South Will Rise Again ;)

4. Scooter

Scooter --Mom-- Staff Member

I thought it was Article 13 stuff to be tatted in service. Back when I was drafted they took us with tatts, from jail cells, from courts, from the street corners.But it was against the UCMJ to get a tatt while serving in the armed forces. That was a loosely enforced rule though. The officers were too afraid to **** the grunts off too badly. After all, they had 1911A1's on their hip and that was it. We carried grenades and full auto firepower. Rules change in the heat of combat. Like, Shave??? haircut??? clean uniform??? What were they gonna do. Send me to The Nam? I was already there. :lol:
    And we outnumbered the OC and Non-Com's. And out gunned them too:cool:

Three Cheers for the Stars and Bars

5. xXJarredXx

Lol, see? Sometimes the people DO have the power!

Hip hip-Hooray!

6. Rainbird

Rainbird The Pierced Godmother Staff Member

WELCOME Deano,
    Great to have you here.
    Looking forward to hearing more from you.

7. Deano

Deano New Member

Thanks very much! Glad to be part of the community! And, yes, we call it Red Stick. I guess it's one of those things where it gets reversed, like a lot of Spanish stuff does.

Nah, these days, I'd venture to say that about half of all the guys I know in the AF were tatted, and most of those didn't get inked until they had already joined. It's not a huge deal these days. The AF is the most strict with it, though. You can't have more than 25% of an exposed body part inked, and any place above the collar is forbidden. Again, the 25% rule is AF, I'm not sure about the other branches. None of my tats are visible with a short sleeve shirt on, unless I raise my arms to stretch. Piercings, OTOH, cannot be had by males. Well, they CAN, they just can't have anything in them while out in public, but as a reservist, as long as I can make it invisible for one week every three months, I'm golden.

Yeah, rules certainly have their way of changing over time. Just like spec ops troops don't have to shave or get haircuts. Lucky bastards.

Thank you! Again, glad to be part of the community and hope to learn quite a bit.

8. carlobee

carlobee New Member

Welcome :)

[​IMG]

9. Deano

Deano New Member

Fresh pix, taken just minutes ago.

Vertical labret, obviously, first and so far, only, piercing, March 29, 2010. Atomic Tattto, Baton Rouge, LA.
    [​IMG]
    Right bewbie, second tat, January 2006. American Ink, St. Robert, MO.
    [​IMG]
    Left biceps, third or fourth, April 2006. Honestly, I can't remember the name of the shop off the top of my head, these were done in Old Sacramento, CA.
    [​IMG]
    Right biceps, again, either third or fourth, can't remember which was done first, April 2006.
    [​IMG]

10. Deano

Deano New Member

Left rib cage, latest tat, August 2009. Tattoo Clinic, Baton Rouge, LA.
    [​IMG]
    Back, first ever tat, April 2005. Tri-Star Tatto, San Angelo, TX.
    [​IMG]

And, that's it.

EDIT: Also, I made my first PP purchase last night for 2 new barbells. :D
    http://www.painfulpleasures.com/xcart/customer/product.php?productid=4107
    und.....
    http://www.painfulpleasures.com/xcart/customer/product.php?productid=1875

Can't wait to get them, this stupid 7/16th barbell is too long and I'm screwing around with it too much, so hopefully, a 3/8th will fit better and stop me from irritating it.

11. xXJarredXx

I really like the ink especially the back tattoo. I had a 3/8 in my labret, and it was too short, I had to go up, because the disc was cutting my lip. Send pics of the new barbell

12. Rainbird

Thanks for sharing your pics with us.
    I really like the back tattoo as well.
    The new barbell sounds good, let us know how it looks & if it solves the problem.

13. Deano

Deano New Member

Thanks. :D I love my ink, but my newest is my favorite, being my daughter's initials and b-day, but also because it hurt the most. As for the piercing, I'll definitely post pics of it when I get it in. I can't wait and I hope it's not still going to be too long, but I talked to my piercer before ordering and he said a 3/8th should fit just right for me. Keeping my fingers crossed.

14. Deano

Deano New Member

So, got my order in today. Had some trouble, didn't get my spiked barbell, but I did get the one with spheres in the correct size, so I'm going to my piercer later tonight to get it put in and get a checkup to make sure it's healing well. I'll post pics when I get back. :D

15. xXJarredXx

Waiting expectantly... :)

16. Deano

Deano New Member

[​IMG]

Fresh from the shop. :D Looks much better and feels SO much better. I can't move it around a lot, so it'll probably heal better now. Also, talked to my piercer about the 8 gauge lobes, he said they will do it for $65 for both ears w/CBRs. Sound like a reasonable price?

17. Rainbird

Looking great.
    I don't know about the prices where you are, anybody else got an opinion on whether this is reasonable????

18. xXJarredXx

I'd say it's reasonable. Maybe a little bit on the steep side, but if that's the shop you prefer and the people you trust, then go for it!

I like the labret!