1. Welcome to the Painful Pleasures community! New members, please read the Rules of the Forum before posting. You should also introduce yourself here before submitting any other posts. If you're interested in sharing photos of your body mods, please read the Rules of the Gallery first. At any time, you can use the "Start a Conversation" feature to get private help from our moderators, Angel on the Edge, Dnd4evr, Rainbird, xXJarredXx, Revs, and Craftsman. Enjoy the forum!
    Dismiss Notice

Help Uploading to gallery

Discussion in 'Forum Help' started by P.A Dave, Aug 16, 2012.

1. P.A Dave

P.A Dave Member

hey for some strange reason im having a bit of trouble uploading pics,it just keeps timing out&freezing and its really starting to **** me off :shock:

and help would be great

2. Rainbird

Rainbird The Pierced Godmother Staff Member

It could be that the pictures you are uploading are too large?
    This is a common problem in these days of digital mega pixel cameras.

3. Craftsman

Craftsman Member Staff Member

Have they stopped accepting pictures? I can't seem to find the upload button anymore. Maybe I'm blind.

PB

4. Angel on the Edge

Angel on the Edge Administrator

To post pictures, login to the site, then go to http://bodypiercingpictures.painfulpleasures.com/uploadphoto.php. I'm being logged out at inconsistent intervals, so if you don't see a link like "upload" that you know you've seen in the past, double check to be sure you're logged in. The new forum (coming very soon!) will be much more consistent. Please bear with us in the meantime.

All the Best,
    Laura

5. Craftsman

I log in and then go directly to that link and it says that I don't have permission to upload pics. It does show me as logged in when that happens.

Good to know the new forum is going to happen in the near future.

PB

6. patbodpierce

patbodpierce Member

I have been have g problems rating pictures ...

7. patbodpierce

patbodpierce Member

I have the same problem can't upload

8. patbodpierce

patbodpierce Member

Hi Laura11 and Rainbird

Have really tried to upload today. If I follow your link it has "upload video" but not upload photo

I see some photos have been loaded today so am I being stupid? I have taken photos with my iPad and that sit in the camera section of the iPad. Any suggestions as I have a few I would like to upload.

Cheers

BTW Rainbird am now in Eton at the rowing course - stunningly beautiful. Hopefully the weather stays good for the Paralympics.

9. Angel on the Edge

I'm so sorry you guys are having trouble uploading photos! Are you sure you aren't being logged out when you first move from the forum to the gallery? That just happened to me. I'm going to reach out to our programmer to see why I'm getting logged out so frequently since I'm sure others are having the same issue, and I'll tell him about the photo upload issue, too. First, please try something for me:

1. Click the Gallery tab.
    2. Look at the login area in the top-right corner. Do you see "Hello [username]" or the login fields? If you see the login fields, login again.
    3. Go back to the Gallery tab after you login. You should now see the "Upload Photos" link below the "Gallery" heading. If you still don't see it after reconfirming you're logged in, please let me know.

Note that we have new rules in place that are preventing ratings, newly-uploaded images and posts by newer users from going live immediately. We've been drowning in spam posts, which is why we now hold photos, ratings and new users' posts until a moderator can review them. So, if you rate a photo and don't see your rating show up immediately, don't fret; it's just a matter of time before Rainbird, Jarred or I can approve it and it will show up.

Please let me know if you're able to see the photo upload link after trying the steps above.

Thanks,
    Laura

10. Angel on the Edge

Since it looks like my link got truncated above, try typing this in without the spaces/line breaks to reach the photo upload page; I'm just trying to make sure everyone can see what the whole URL for photo upload *should* be:
    bodypiercingpictures.
    painfulpleasures.com/
    uploadphoto.php

11. Rainbird

I keep being thrown out of the forum as well, so it is happening to all of us.
    I've just deleted some spam from here, I'll check the gallery now.

patbodpierce
    Eton is beautiful, we have some friends at Marlow just a bit further up the river from you. Lucky you, I hope you enjoy the sport.

12. patbodpierce

patbodpierce Member

Hi guys

Done as suggested and no upload pictures comes up and I am definitely signed in.

When I typed in the URL address Laura it says I don't have authorization to upload photos

Cheers

13. Angel on the Edge

I'm so sorry for all the trouble guys! If I could fix it myself, I would. I'll talk to our programmer again. He's busy working on the new website, but I'll ask him again if he can take some time to look into this. My sincere apologies for the problems; please bear with us. There's something better just around the corner!

Take care,
    Laura

14. patbodpierce

patbodpierce Member

Laura

Could be I am using an iPad. Will have access next week to normal laptop ad will see then

Cheers

15. Craftsman

It's not your pad, my pc does the same thing. Hopefully the new forum will be better and they won't lose much in the transition.

PB

16. Angel on the Edge

Don't worry; we're trying to ensure that all the good content gets migrated over to the new forum and gallery and only the junk stays behind!

I think I know what caused the permissions problem and am talking to our programmer about a fix. There is a workaround now if you're interested. I just created a new account to test, and I was able to upload a picture with no problem. It was sitting in moderation afterwards because I uploaded from a new account with no history, but at least I can get photos to upload somehow! That must be why not everyone's having trouble. People who joined after we put a spam monitoring rule in place recently are ok, existing users not so much. Crummy, I know, and I'm so sorry!

So... Now that I have a clue what might be causing this, hopefully it won't be too hard to fix permissions for all people who joined before the rule change. I'll keep you guys posted.

Thanks for your patience!
    Laura

17. SkydayBek

SkydayBek New Member

Attach image

I cannt upload image file in new topic. Use only jpeg files. Can you tell me step by step how to make it?

18. Rainbird

Hi skyday bek,
    I see that this is your first post so let me WELCOME you to PP.
    Please pop over and read the rules for us before you post again.
    As you can see I have moved your post as it is asking the same question as a thread which is already running here. Please have a look at it, I hope it may help.

We are in the process of getting the site ready to migrate to a brand new one and are having some problems. Although, we'd hoped that new account users would not have the same issues so I have flagged up your issues in the backroom.

In the meanwhile please have a look around the forum and gallery and join into any current conversations that interest you.
    Please also post on the introduce yourself thread to let us all know a bit more about you.
    Welcome again.

19. Angel on the Edge

Good afternoon forum friends!

Our programmer made an adjustment that should allow those who have been having trouble uploading photos to the gallery to post again. Note that your photos may not appear immediately, though; Rainbird, Jarred or I might have to release them from the moderation queue, although that shouldn't be the case for those who have posted 5+ times in the past.

I need help testing this fix, because I've been able to upload photos all along. Can one of you who's been unable to upload give it a try now? You should be able to either go to the Gallery tab and click the "upload photo" link or just go straight to http://bodypiercingpictures.painfulpleasures.com/uploadphoto.php. If that link doesn't work, try a variation of the URL that you get when you try to upload from a specific area of the gallery, like http://bodypiercingpictures.painfulpleasures.com/uploadphoto.php?cat=500.

Please let me know how you fare.

Thank you!!
    Laura

20. patbodpierce

patbodpierce Member

Hi

I can now see the page but can't find the files. Am absolutely sure it is because I am using an iPad. Will try the laptop over the weekend and report back