1. Welcome to the Painful Pleasures community! New members, please read the Rules of the Forum before posting. You should also introduce yourself here before submitting any other posts. If you're interested in sharing photos of your body mods, please read the Rules of the Gallery first. At any time, you can use the "Start a Conversation" feature to get private help from our moderators, Angel on the Edge, Dnd4evr, Rainbird, xXJarredXx, Revs, and Craftsman. Enjoy the forum!
    Dismiss Notice

Hip Dermal Anchors healing help

Discussion in 'Surface Piercings' started by annasparer, Apr 22, 2013.

1. annasparer

annasparer New Member

Hey all, I'm new here as are my hip microdermals! (I know they have a tendency to reject) I got them exactly 2 weeks ago. I have attached a photo of them as of right now. They have had no redness, don't hurt when I soak them, don't hurt when gentle pressure is applied to them when I put a compress on them. They have no crusties, no swelling, nothing coming out of them. I've never snagged them on anything either. However, sometimes, last few days they feel "vaguely" sore... is the best way I can think to describe it... It's hardly anything at all, just slightly sore and not localized, kinda distributed around my whole side. It might be something else, kinda feels like a cramp. I was just wondering how long these are normally sore for? Or if I'm just being paranoid. [​IMG]

2. dnd4evr

dnd4evr Super Moderator Staff Member

Welcome to the Painful Pleasures community! Please take a moment to tell us a bit more about yourself in the Introduce Yourself area. Also, please read the Rules of the Forum at your convenience. If you have any questions about the forum or gallery, feel free to reach out to me or our other moderators, Angel on the Edge, Rainbird and xXJarredXx.

In our battle against spammers, your first three posts will have to be manually approved as I've done here, then they will go live instantly after that.
    I am afraid I am not a dermal expert so you will have to wait for an answer. Different areas experience pain differently so I am not sure. I will be following this thread to learn more. One of the other moderators will be along soon with some information.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2017
  3. Angel on the Edge

Angel on the Edge Administrator

Hi Anna,

Welcome to the PP community! It sounds like your dermals are healing incredibly well overall. The fact that you've had no crusties, no tenderness when doing sea salt solution applications, etc.--that's all very good news.

Since your discomfort was delayed and isn't localized to where the piercings are makes me think something else is going on. With women especially, there are many factors. A woman can have abdominal/side/back discomfort during both ovulation and menstruation, so at 2 times of the month, with ovulation being one issue to which many women can't immediately relate pain/discomfort. If you're exercising, you could be having a combination of discomfort due to your exercises + the piercings.

If at any point it becomes very sore around your piercings, that's a different story. Then you need to look for redness (especially red streaks), swelling, and discharge that's thicker and more yellowy than lymph, which is a clear fluid that's often common with healing piercings and that forms into the white "crusties" people often talk about.

Hopefully the discomfort you've been feeling will pass quickly. Please do let us know how you fare!

All the Best,
    Laura