1. Welcome to the Painful Pleasures community! New members, please read the Rules of the Forum before posting. You should also introduce yourself here before submitting any other posts. If you're interested in sharing photos of your body mods, please read the Rules of the Gallery first. At any time, you can use the "Start a Conversation" feature to get private help from our moderators, Angel on the Edge, Dnd4evr, Rainbird, xXJarredXx, Revs, and Craftsman. Enjoy the forum!
    Dismiss Notice

Is my new piercing infected?

Discussion in 'Navel Piercings' started by VirSkin, Feb 3, 2017.

1. VirSkin

VirSkin New Member

Hello all,
    This is my very first piercing. I got it on the 25th of Jan, so it's been 9 days now. I'm not sure if what I'm seeing is normal or not, what do you think? I clean it twice with saline solution and remove crusties, but the redness and frequency of crusties is worrying me.
    [​IMG]
    https://goo.gl/photos/Et2RoM2Ba5C5x34L6

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 3, 2017
  2. xXJarredXx

xXJarredXx El Duderino Staff Member

Welcome to Painful Pleasures! Please tell us a little about yourself in the Introduce Yourself section, and please read the Rules of the Forums.

If you have any questions about the forum or gallery, feel free to reach out to me or our other moderators, Angel on the Edge, Rainbird, Craftsman and dnd4evr.

To keep out unwanted spam messages, all new members must have their first 3 messages approved by the moderators before they can post freely.

The picture does depict some crusting around the piercing site. Naval piercings can take a few weeks to a few months for healing. It doesn't look as bad as you may think, many people start to panic when they see anything other than a beautiful piercing. You must remember that we are dealing with the human body, and some crust and liquid production is natural. When dealing with crust, you should dab it with cotton, not wipe it.

I would keep up with the cleaning, perhaps adding some Tea Tree Oil to help with any dryness. Keep an eye on it, and if you develop any problems with bleeding, excessive amounts of pus, or pain, set up an appointment with a doctor; those would be signs of an infection which require anti-biotics.

I hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2017