1. Welcome to the Painful Pleasures community! New members, please read the Rules of the Forum before posting. You should also introduce yourself here before submitting any other posts. If you're interested in sharing photos of your body mods, please read the Rules of the Gallery first. At any time, you can use the "Start a Conversation" feature to get private help from our moderators, Angel on the Edge, Dnd4evr, Rainbird, xXJarredXx, Revs, and Craftsman. Enjoy the forum!
    Dismiss Notice

logging in

Discussion in 'Forum Help' started by old_hippie, Feb 28, 2011.

1. old_hippie

old_hippie New Member

it seems there is no option to be automaticaly loged in
    when returning to the forums.
    I looked through the help lists and all I could find is that it says to check the box to rember me when logging in
    but how do you checkmark something that is not even there?:confused:

2. darkcrow343

darkcrow343 Member

your internet browser should give you the option to save your user name and password so all you have to do is click log in, not exactly automatic but saves at little time and hassle.

Hope this is useful :)

3. Rainbird

Rainbird The Pierced Godmother Staff Member

Hi old hippie,
    The quickest way that I have found is to first go to the log in page and book-mark that. You will be able to go straight to it then from your browser.
    Then save your password and user name as already suggested.
    From a security point of view I never leave ANY applications open that may include any reference at all to my bank details, just in case something gets in.
    Hope this helps.

4. darkcrow343

darkcrow343 Member

Thats a very good point rainbird, thats why sometimes its better to use a password protected 3rd party such as paypal when ordering things using a credit card

5. Rainbird

Wise words

6. darkcrow343

darkcrow343 Member

Developed by 6 years of working in the line of computer repairs :)

7. xXJarredXx

xXJarredXx El Duderino Staff Member

I'm a bit of a techie myself. You should consider using Firefox, it's much better than IE. Auto login is not currently possible that I know of but Crow is right, the browser will usually have a built in function to remember your form input, for mine all I have to do is type the first letter of my email, it brings the email fully in and the password to log in.

8. Rainbird

Yes, I too use Firefox and so does Otter.
    Being able to just type in one letter and the rest being remembered is good enough for me.

9. darkcrow343

darkcrow343 Member

I'm using google chrome, I know people think there are more risks of viruses, although I'm on a linux operating system so the risk of viruses has decreased greatly if not completely.

And the one letter login is what I'm using to.

10. xXJarredXx

I have several Linux distros, my biggest problem is gaming. I use my computer for video games a lot and linux doesn't play well with microsoft games.

11. darkcrow343

darkcrow343 Member

Are you using wine to run your games?

12. xXJarredXx

No, I never downloaded it. I quit using linux before I got my DSL. I'm currently using XP pro SP3. I also have Vista and 7 but I use Vista on my laptop and I don't have enough RAM for 7 on my desktop. I can run almost any game I play on high detail with little to no lag on XP since XP doesn't use many resources.

13. darkcrow343

darkcrow343 Member

Wine is pretty much like running windows within linux, i use linux on my laptop and xp sp3 on my desktop as im the same i don't have enough ram for 7, i use 7 and xp in work, used to use vista but there are far to many bugs in it.