1. Welcome to the Painful Pleasures community! New members, please read the Rules of the Forum before posting. You should also introduce yourself here before submitting any other posts. If you're interested in sharing photos of your body mods, please read the Rules of the Gallery first. At any time, you can use the "Start a Conversation" feature to get private help from our moderators, Angel on the Edge, Dnd4evr, Rainbird, xXJarredXx, Revs, and Craftsman. Enjoy the forum!
    Dismiss Notice

MY NECK PIERCED

Discussion in 'Surface Piercings' started by funkiliserd, Feb 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. funkiliserd

funkiliserd New Member

hey do any of you guys who has a neck pierce knows if that's how it's spose to look like within 3 weeks?
    [​IMG]
    haaaaaa loks like its kinda think what u guys think ?

2. solnyez

solnyez New Member

It looks to me like it's rejecting.

3. Illyria Jade_mod

Illyria Jade_mod New Member

it's already mostly rejected. you need to take it out. once it heals you can have it redone. by a different piercer, i'd say, b/c it shouldn't have rejected that much that fast.

4. iamblackbird

iamblackbird Little Miss Apocalypse Staff Member

If you haven't already, take that out and let it heal. Otherwise, you will end up with a large scar that wou;d make later repiercing (or simple appearance) different than that of what you want.

5. funkiliserd

funkiliserd New Member

ok guys, thanks for your advice.
    ok now...i never done this before. which way do you twist them balls to take em off!?

funki

6. iamblackbird

The answer to this is with your other post. The other post is now closed. Read the rules before posting again.

7. Illyria Jade_mod

it looks like ptfe...if you can't get the ball off, just cut the "barbell" itself and pull it out.

8. Ice17Hockey

Ice17Hockey New Member

I hope you have already taken that out, I would really like to know who pierced that for you, so i can tell his customers to NOT go to him anymore. Sorry you had such a bad expearience with the nape piercing. If you want to see a nape piercing that is "healthy" take a looks at my most recent nape picture, I have had it for about 6 months now, and so far I have had no signs of rejection. Make sure you keep puting neosporen or whatever you use of the piercing even after you take it out, to prevent further scaring. Let us know how everything turns out... you might want to post that picture in the Infected/Unhealed/Badly Placed Piercings category if you already haven't... not to sound like an ass, but others can learn from your expearience.

9. iamblackbird

You should never put Neosporin, Bactine, or anything like that on a piercing. Ever. Period. It can easily clog up the piercing and trap bacteria. Which is, of course, a bad thing.

10. funkiliserd

funkiliserd New Member

well i tend to heal pretty fast .
    so i just let it heal. ...good right ?

11. iamblackbird

Well, technically, we advise that you do some aftercare on it...you know, keep it clean, keep it neat, etc. Although, I do have to say, no amount of aftercare will stop that from rejecting.

12. Ice17Hockey

Ice17Hockey New Member

I have heard that about neosporen, but i have used them for most of my piercings for the first week or two and they heal really well... as long as you clean them well in the shower... each persons body is different.

13. Illyria Jade_mod

neosporin and other creams and ointments should NEVER be used on piercings, as they suffocate the piercing and don't let it drain appropriate or get much needed air.

it also says right on the little tube "NOT TO BE USED ON PUNCTURE WOUNDS" which a piercing very much is.

you're apparently one of the lucky ones who can heal a piercing with bad aftercare, but most people can't.

also, excessive and prolonged use of neosporin can cause chemical burns.

Appropriate aftercare is washing a piercing twice a day with a gentle soap (preferably without dyes or fragrances, natural oatmeal based soaps are wonderful, anti-bacterial or not is up to personal preference), and sea salt soaks (1/4 tsp non iodized sea salt or kosher salt in 8 ounces of warm/hot water, for 10 minutes or until the water cools).

14. solnyez

solnyez New Member

Oh man, don't even make me tell you my story about a somewhat large wount and neosporin. Gaaah!!!

15. Illyria Jade_mod

I was told by a doctor years ago at college not to use neosporin cuz eventually it can cause a reaction...

well...i got a nice little burn on my arm and put it on that and covered it with a bandaid...i woke up in the middle of the night cuz my arm burned like it was on fire. i had scars for months, not just from the burn, but from the chemical burn from the neosporin too.

16. iamblackbird

Leah:
    Even if you yourself have used Neosporin, that doesn't mean that it is advised, proper aftercare, which is what we try to advocate here on the boards. I'm very glad that it works for you, but for most people, it can end up causing numerous problems.

17. funkiliserd

funkiliserd New Member

got it repierced today

heres hownit looks like now,
    [​IMG]
    tell me what ya think?

18. Illyria Jade_mod

FYI it's a NAPE PIERCING, not a madison.

and we need a larger, color picture, if we're to judge.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.