1. Welcome to the Painful Pleasures community! New members, please read the Rules of the Forum before posting. You should also introduce yourself here before submitting any other posts. If you're interested in sharing photos of your body mods, please read the Rules of the Gallery first. At any time, you can use the "Start a Conversation" feature to get private help from our moderators, Angel on the Edge, Dnd4evr, Rainbird, xXJarredXx, Revs, and Craftsman. Enjoy the forum!
    Dismiss Notice

Nape Surface Piercing

Discussion in 'Surface Piercings' started by laceeeyb, Dec 29, 2013.

1. laceeeyb

laceeeyb New Member

Hello, everyone! :D

So I just got my nape pierced two days ago. I'm so in love with it! Actually, it didn't even hurt that bad. I thought it was going to be A LOT worse than it actually was. Anyways, I do tons and tons of research on my piercings before and after I get them. But I couldn't really find that much helpful information on Napes. I'm just concerned about it rejecting/migrating because it's a surface piercing. But I've seen plenty of people blog about how they've had their Napes pierced for years and years. I really want up keep mine for as long as I can. So if anyone has any personal experience with nape piercings, or any other helpful information, it would be very much appreciated! :)

Attached Files:

2. dnd4evr

dnd4evr Super Moderator Staff Member

Rejection/Migration occurs most often because of pressure. The weight of the jewelry or the jewelry is trying to hold a rounded piece of flesh straight (or visa versa) or constant rubbing and pulling. The pressure causes some localized tissue death and your fistula is disrupted and weakened. That's why larger gauge jewelry is less apt to migrate/reject since is spreads out the pressure over a larger surface. Once you are healed it should be less apt to happen.

Be careful of necklaces or other neck worn items that can catch or rub. High collars could also give you some trouble. Does your neck skin tend to fold where your jewelry is when you bend your neck backwards? If so, there is nothing you can do except be aware and try minimize the rubbing.

FYI - You had a single word post after this one that didn't add to this thread so I deleted it.

3. laceeeyb

laceeeyb New Member

Yeah, I've just been worried about the migration/rejection. But I've been really careful, and trying not to bump it. But I forget that it's there because it doesn't hurt at all even though it's two days old. I did bump it one good time today and I got really scared. But it stopped hurting after a minute so hopefully it'll be ok. I've been babying it and I'm going to try to get it healed. I don't want to let my piercing go. I don't wear necklaces or anything around my neck. So I don't have to worry about it snagging on that. My piercer said if it started to reject, then she would redo it for me. I'm just hoping that I can get it healed and then I won't constantly fret about it. But thank you for the info. I appreciate it.

Oh I didn't realize that I did that. Well, thank you for deleting it. Haha

4. dnd4evr

dnd4evr Super Moderator Staff Member

I just approved your 3rd post. All future postings will go up immediately. Happy posting.

Follow the proper aftercare routine and your should do fine. It's hard to monitor something like this yourself since it's on the back of your neck so hopefully a friend can help you keep an eye on it.

5. Laurajane2809

Laurajane2809 New Member

Hi,
    So I got my nape pierced about 4 days ago and due to the pain I'm having now I'm really regretting it. How will I know if my body is rejecting it? I've been cleaning it 3 times a day like I was told. It's really red around the balls and I'm so paranoid that the skin is getting thinner. Should I just give in and take it out?

6. Rainbird

Rainbird The Pierced Godmother Staff Member

Hi Laura,
    It is difficult when you can't see where the piercing is.
    What are you using to clean your new piercing?
    Are you doing sea salt soaks using 1/4 of a teaspoon of sea salt to a cup of boiled and cooled water?

Have you returned to your piercer for their professional opinion?

If you are considering removing I definitely recommend that you go back to see him/her.

Good luck