1. Welcome to the Painful Pleasures community! New members, please read the Rules of the Forum before posting. You should also introduce yourself here before submitting any other posts. If you're interested in sharing photos of your body mods, please read the Rules of the Gallery first. At any time, you can use the "Start a Conversation" feature to get private help from our moderators, Angel on the Edge, Dnd4evr, Rainbird, xXJarredXx, Revs, and Craftsman. Enjoy the forum!
    Dismiss Notice

New here and in dire need of help! (double flare plugs stuck!)

Discussion in 'All Things Stretched' started by bluevoid, Nov 30, 2015.

1. bluevoid

bluevoid New Member

hello, so i ran into a problem while stretching my ears this last time, and on my journey to find help i landed here, and found that seems to be a good and knowledgeable community.
    so, before we get there, I understand i made some mistakes while stretching up this last time, and i am at fault for the situation. i have struggled on and off with self harm for years now, and sometimes i use stretching as an outlet.
    this past time, i was going from a 0g to a 00g. my only tool were these rough textured pinchers (mistake #1). it took a lot of effort pushing them through, and man did it hurt. i left the pinchers in for about half an hour, before removing them, and the only tunnels i had onhand were metal double flared tunnels. my mistake was i put those in, and let my ears heal up for a few days...when i went to remove these plugs, i realized i could not get them out!
    no matter what way i twist and turn these things, no matter how many youtube videos i research looking for tips of lubing them, hot showers, nothing can get these things out.
    i'm wondering if anyone here has had experiences with double flared plugs being stuck, and how on earth you resolved it.
    do i wait longer and keep trying? do i go to a local piercing shop and have a professional help me?
    i understand i put myself in this situation, but i'm hoping someone can give me some tips.

richeturners likes this.
  2. Rainbird

Rainbird The Pierced Godmother Staff Member

Hi bluevoid,
    Welcome to the Painful Pleasures community!
    Thank you for telling us a bit about yourself.
    Please read the Rules of the Forum at your convenience.

The gallery is available for viewing or posting.

If you have any questions about the forum or gallery, feel free to reach out to me or our other moderators, Angel on the Edge, Dnd4evr, Craftsman and xXJarredXx.
    You have tried all the things that I would have suggested.
    If the flares are as tight as your description sounds I think that you should to to a good pro​
    piercer as soon as you possibly can.​
    If the skin is stretched so tightly that the blood supply is being compromised you are going to run into serious trouble very very quickly here.​
    Good luck. Let us know how you get on please.​

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2017
  3. bluevoid

bluevoid New Member

Thank you so much for your reply. I finally got a hold of a professional piercer. He said I'm not in emergency status, but to keep taking hot showers and massaging vitamin E oil and Jojoba oil in deeply and keep trying. He said if after too long nothing works, that I should go to an ER and have them cut out. Hopefully the first option works. Again thank you for your time!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2017
    richeturners likes this.
  4. Rainbird

Rainbird The Pierced Godmother Staff Member

Bluevoid you are more than welcome.
    I wish you luck with your ministrations and hope that the advice has worked for you now.