1. Welcome to the Painful Pleasures community! New members, please read the Rules of the Forum before posting. You should also introduce yourself here before submitting any other posts. If you're interested in sharing photos of your body mods, please read the Rules of the Gallery first. At any time, you can use the "Start a Conversation" feature to get private help from our moderators, Angel on the Edge, Dnd4evr, Rainbird, xXJarredXx, Revs, and Craftsman. Enjoy the forum!
    Dismiss Notice

New Piercee Saying Hello!!!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by b.hyde.93, Sep 29, 2013.

1. b.hyde.93

b.hyde.93 New Member

Hey, everyone! I'm Breezy and I'm pretty new to body mod. I, of course, have had my ears pierced but that was it for a while, then I got my first tattoo! I had it planned since I was 13 and when I got it I was 19. It was exactly what I wanted and my uncle got to do it for me before he had to quit tattooing. That is my only tattoo for the moment, I have so many more planned, I just need to find a great artist and the money for it! I found this forum because I just got my first piercing (besides my ears) yesterday. You may think I am totally crazy for this being my first but I got a VCH with my cousin. It was the best experience of my life!!! Haha now I may be addicted because I am looking for more piercings that I want!! Already!!!!! I figured I would join here just in case I have any questions or something, plus forums are a blast! A little more about me: I am 20 years old. I absolutely love animals no matter what kind. I want to go to school for either vet assisting or pet grooming. I love photography and I would love to take some classes to learn more techniques. My favorite colors are green and brown aaaaaaaand I think that's it!!! I look forward to getting to know you guys and learning more about body mod!!!

2. dnd4evr

dnd4evr Super Moderator Staff Member

Welcome to the Painful Pleasures community! Thank you for taking the time to tell us a bit more about yourself in the appropriate area. When you get a chance, please read the Rules of the Forum at your convenience.

The gallery is available for viewing or posting. Without a log in you will be able to see non-mature content, but you will not be able to post there or view mature content.

If you have any questions about the forum or gallery, feel free to reach out to me or our other moderators, Angel on the Edge, Rainbird, Craftsman and xXJarredXx.

Congrats on your new piercing. Make sure you follow your aftercare. We look forward to hearing more from you in the future.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2017
  3. Angel on the Edge

Angel on the Edge Administrator

Welcome to the PP community, B.hyde.93! Thanks for telling us about yourself. Congrats on your new VCH! If you're interested, you can look at piercing photos in our gallery at http://bodypiercingpictures.painfulpleasures.com/ for other piercing ideas.

All the Best,
    Laura

4. mike

mike Member

if the VCH was the best experience of your life. you may end up a lifer like me. what i mean is, i have no end goals for body modification. for me, body modification is a lifestyle. the experience is every bit as important as the adornment.

5. patbodpierce

patbodpierce Member

Welcome. And hopefully you enjoy the forum and the experiences.

6. Rainbird

Rainbird The Pierced Godmother Staff Member

Hi Breezy,
    Thanks for posting such a great intro.
    You will find that your vch heals quite quickly really, 4 to 6 weeks and you should be ready to go ;) .
    If you have any questions, aftercare, other piercings, anything else please ask away.
    You can start your own threads or join into any current conversations that interest you .

7. b.hyde.93

b.hyde.93 New Member

Thank you all for such a warm welcome!! I've been investigating all kinds of stuff here and I think I have figures out what my next might be! Gotta get some money for it, though! Haha I'm doing some research on it so we'll see! Thanks for the info on using the forum, also, it has come in handy.

8. dnd4evr

Well? Don't keep us in suspense. What have you decided on?

9. b.hyde.93

b.hyde.93 New Member

Hahaha! Well, I had wanted to get the web under my tongue pierced for a while but I thought I was crazy and that nobody would do that until I saw the pictures in here of it done. I was so excited that I wasn't the only one who wanted it! So now I am thinking that after my VCH heals and I have some money I am going to go get it done. Anything I should know about that one???

10. dnd4evr

Sorry, I am not very familiar with that one. Some of the other moderators are though so hold on and I am sure one will be around soon.

11. Rainbird

Hi Breezy
    This one can be a little tricky, you are actually piercing the Lingual Frenulum.
    This is only viable if you possess the tongue control necessary for the procedure and sufficiently pronounced
    anatomy.
    For those who are well enough endowed a small curved bar or 16 gauge ring (5/16 or 3/8 inch) is usually used.
    The piercing should be in the base of the web but it must NOT be placed deep into the sub lingual tissues (under the tongue).
    There are vital structures and vessels there, including the sub lingual vein and sub lingual gland (a salivary gland).
    You must be able to co-operate by lifting your tongue and holding it still for the procedure.
    I suggest that you practice this before you go the ask your piercer about this piercing.
    When placed correctly this piercing usually heals quickly and easily.
    Good luck

12. b.hyde.93

b.hyde.93 New Member

I have been practicing tongue control since I was little haha I always like doing tricks with it and such so holding it to the roof to get access there shouldn't be a problem on my end. I think I have the anatomy for it, it sticks out there quite a ways, enough to accommodate a 16ga. I'll check with my piercer to see, I am having some minor issues with jewelry for my VCH that I am going to see her for. Thank you for the info, Rainbird! I appreciate it!!

13. boonerkins

boonerkins Member

I have my tongue frenulum pierced as well as my tongue. I love both the piercings, the tongue the most. With my pierced frenulum I used a 14 gauge straight barbell about 1/2" long. One thing to note with this piercing is that it builds up with plaque/tartar quite fast and needs to be changed about every two to three weeks with a cleaned barbell. It is also a bit difficult to change as you can't get your fingers in that area easily. I need to use a small pair of bent needle nose pliers to hold it out so I can get my fingers to be able to remove the ball on one end and change it out. With the tongue piercing, I used a 3/4" straight barbell and that one virtually never has any plaque/tartar buildup on it. You might experience a slight loss of ability to stick your tongue out as far after piercing your fenulum as well as a slightly reduced ability to whistle.....this may be dependent on just how big your web is. If you pierce your tongue, be prepared for about two weeks of swollen, sometimes painful healing to take place initially and about a month before it really is back to a "normal" state. Keep us posted with your decision! :)

14. b.hyde.93

b.hyde.93 New Member

Thank you!!! That's really awesome info! I will let you guys know, for sure!

15. dnd4evr

I think the new term for that is biofilm. When bacterial starts to form a sheet like film if can be very tough to remove. It is basically the same stuff as tartar on your teeth (though possibly a different breed).

16. boonerkins

boonerkins Member

Yes, it is basically an off white buildup on the jewelry. I just swap out my frenulum barbell with a clean one, and then soak the one with biofilm buildup in javex overnight which will remove it. I am not sure why the frenulum piercing is so prone for biofilm buildup yet my tongue barbell doesn't build up at all. Any ideas??

17. dnd4evr

I think it has to do with less motion and exposure to air. The frenulum is also fairly thin so less tissue contact and more exposed metal. That's just a guess though.

18. boonerkins

boonerkins Member

I'm wondering if it isn't because the frenulum always has saliva pooled around it.....maybe going back to your reference as less air is available to the barbell through the frenulum since it is always under saliva for the most part?

19. Rainbird

The piercing is close to the sublingual gland which is a salivary gland,
    so yes, it is constantly being drenched in saliva.

20. b.hyde.93

b.hyde.93 New Member

The info is awesome guys! :) thank you!!! All I'm wondering now is how it should be pierced, like safest tools and such. This forum has been so helpful!