1. Welcome to the Painful Pleasures community! New members, please read the Rules of the Forum before posting. You should also introduce yourself here before submitting any other posts. If you're interested in sharing photos of your body mods, please read the Rules of the Gallery first. At any time, you can use the "Start a Conversation" feature to get private help from our moderators, Angel on the Edge, Dnd4evr, Rainbird, xXJarredXx, Revs, and Craftsman. Enjoy the forum!
    Dismiss Notice

New piercings!

Discussion in 'Surface Piercings' started by DKH, Nov 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DKH

DKH Guest

[​IMG]

What's the chance they'll migrate? Straight barbells.

2. Jameson13

Jameson13 Body Hacker

straight, very likely, why not surface bars?

3. rex_hardcastle

rex_hardcastle New Member

DKH you have asked alot of questions on this forum about DIY stuff personally I don't have a problem with DIY, but you should know what you're doing, straight barbells in that position have a 1 in a million chance of not rejecting. If you are gonna do things to yourself you should have at least a basic understanding of what you are attempting. Sorry if this sounds snarky it's meant to be helpful. Rex. P.s Jameson is totally correct you should have used surface bars.

4. DKH

DKH Guest

It's not that I don't know what I'm doing, I just don't have any surface bars and no money spend on some. I have a perfect understanding of what I attempt and I decided it'd still be worth it even if after a short time they reject. If I get some surface bars though and put them in, how likely would they be to reject then?

5. DKH

DKH Guest

One thing I don't understand is how do you insert a surface barbell anyway if they curve at 80-90' angle at both ends?

6. rex_hardcastle

rex_hardcastle New Member

If you were to replace those straight bars with surface bars I don't think it would help at all, that kinda trauma to any piercing while healing especially a surface piercing would be the end for it i reckon, so I think either way your gonna have a pair of nice scars. As for how a surface bar works, I believe its simply due to depth and curve, deep enough and the 90 degree works (that is only my guess that is not supposed to be taken as advice in any way), but i'm no piercer thus won't even attempt an explanation, i'm sure somebody else will give it a crack. Rex

7. DKH

DKH Guest

These are fairly new. Maybe 3 days at most. Oh well... I don't really care anyways. Thanks for the replies. Peace

8. lanispet

lanispet New Member

Clamp the heck out of the skin before you pierce it, so that the area you're going through is only 1/4" thick or so. From there it's easy. If you try to freehand it, or get a surface bar into an existing piercing, life will be difficult.

...dave

9. DKH

DKH Guest

Ah, I see...That's what I figured. Thanks dave

10. iamblackbird

iamblackbird Little Miss Apocalypse Staff Member

DKH:
    While you don't care that your piercings will reject, this type of blantent disregard for proper piercing technique is not acceptable. It is a bad example for people who are less knowledgeable with piercings (especially surface piercings) who come to this board.

Please follow the rules here. We've been pretty lenient lately, but after this and after backtalking Lexia, I'm afraid that another problem like this, and you'll be given a warning.

"8. Do not post any information you know to be harmful or incorrect. We use the APP (Association of Professional Piercers) guidelines, and ask that you try to do the same."

11. DKH

DKH Guest

Alright, sorry..I didn't know it was against the rules. I understand though. Won't happen again. I actually took them out before they even had a chance to reject if you even care to know. It was basically just a temporary piercing. I never had intentions on letting them fully heal and keeping them forever. I do this with a lot of my piercings as I get bored with just one look for too long.

12. Mariposa_mod

Mariposa_mod New Member

i really like the way they look... but with straight bars you pretty much have no chance of them staying put, or not rejecting... ;\

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.