1. Welcome to the Painful Pleasures community! New members, please read the Rules of the Forum before posting. You should also introduce yourself here before submitting any other posts. If you're interested in sharing photos of your body mods, please read the Rules of the Gallery first. At any time, you can use the "Start a Conversation" feature to get private help from our moderators, Angel on the Edge, Dnd4evr, Rainbird, xXJarredXx, Revs, and Craftsman. Enjoy the forum!
    Dismiss Notice

New Tongue Ring?

Discussion in 'Ideas for New Jewelry' started by SuhkotosWolf, Mar 3, 2013.

1. SuhkotosWolf

SuhkotosWolf Member

Out of curiosity, would you guys be able to make a tongue ring that instead of 2 balls on each side, possibly have a metal ring in the middle that screws into a barbell it would basically be an internally threaded straight barbell with a top that would be the opposite of a philips head screw. 4 pieces of metal that would connect to a ring. Just curious. Thanks for your time. =)

I dont really have any specs or anything. I saw the idea from an anime and it actually looks pretty cool.

2. xXJarredXx

xXJarredXx El Duderino Staff Member

You should try to message Laura, username is AngelOnTheEdge. She acts as our liaison between the company and the forums :)

3. Angel on the Edge

Angel on the Edge Administrator

Hi SuhkotosWolf,

Can you point me to the anime pic you're referencing so I can have a look? I'm having trouble visualizing what you're requesting. Are you talking about a ring basically going around the sides of your tongue and connecting to a central barbell? Or are you looking for something like the loops below on top of a straight barbell?
    [​IMG]

I'm not sure if we can make what you're looking for, but I can ask if you can get me a better visual.

Thanks,
    Laura

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2017
  4. SuhkotosWolf

SuhkotosWolf Member

shinji.PNG
    Its pretty hard to tell but if you look, its a ring that lays flat.

5. Angel on the Edge

Aha, so you're looking for slave jewelry essentially. You can get a straight barbell meant to go with internally-threaded balls and then screw this type of captive bead ring on instead of a ball: http://www.painfulpleasures.com/xcart/customer/product.php?productid=4900. That will allow the ring to lay flat on your tongue. You could keep the ball that originally came with the barbell for the bottom of your piercing.

Would that work for you?

6. xXJarredXx

Off topic: That's Bleach!

I loved that show, so much story to it...

7. dnd4evr

dnd4evr Super Moderator Staff Member

Shinji (annoying character) is the one with the tongue ring. The other is Hiyori. It is not often you would see them like that and I never noticed the tongue ring before. I think a few of the characters may have sported mods of some type.

The story is pretty good though some of the characters are a bit 2 dimensional.

8. xXJarredXx

I watched all the way up until the swords gained their own physical forms, never finished the big fight, and got sad that it was cancelled in America.

9. dnd4evr

dnd4evr Super Moderator Staff Member

I found a site that allowed me to see the big fight between Ichigo Kurosaki and Sōsuke Aizen. It was sub-titled unfortunately (I find those so annoying). Kind of a big reveal and a spoiler so I won't ruin it.

10. xXJarredXx

I was watching them all in order, on watchbleach.com or something like that. It has the dubs, subs, and regular old Japanese. I've listened to their voices in American so much that I don't think I could listen to the Japanese versions...

I agree. Sub titles kill me...

11. Angel on the Edge

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2017
  12. xXJarredXx

I remember watching Bleach on Saturday nights, because I specifically remember staying up until like 2 AM to watch it when I had to work at 9 or 10 the next morning :)

Laura, did you know you linked a whole sentence?

13. Angel on the Edge

Ha ha! Yeah, I know... I was being lazy. Copied the username and pasted, then started typing and the link just carried through the whole sentence. Oh well!

14. SuhkotosWolf

SuhkotosWolf Member

Yea I checked it out, It does seem pretty close to what I'm looking for, but I almost with the ball wasn't there, being that it doesn't really serve a purpose...

15. Angel on the Edge

The ball does serve a purpose. It's holding the threaded end that screws into the barbell. I've never seen a ring that had the threaded end attached right to the ring. Not that it's an impossible thing to do, but I don't think it'd be as secure as when the threaded end is embedded in a ball. I'm sorry I can't recommend an option that doesn't have a ball. Hope you'll give this a try and that it will work for you!

Take care,
    Laura

16. Angel on the Edge