1. Welcome to the Painful Pleasures community! New members, please read the Rules of the Forum before posting. You should also introduce yourself here before submitting any other posts. If you're interested in sharing photos of your body mods, please read the Rules of the Gallery first. At any time, you can use the "Start a Conversation" feature to get private help from our moderators, Angel on the Edge, Dnd4evr, Rainbird, xXJarredXx, Revs, and Craftsman. Enjoy the forum!
    Dismiss Notice

Not sure what happened here.

Discussion in 'All Things Stretched' started by Princess_Of_Pain, Jan 28, 2015.

1. Princess_Of_Pain

Princess_Of_Pain New Member

So, my lobes have been stretched to 1&1/8" for about 5 months. Everything went well, no swelling or anything. They went in with ease. But, the past few days, they've been pretty swollen and kinda painful. I'm not sure why or how, so I figured I'd post here and see if I can get some info/advice.

2. dnd4evr

dnd4evr Super Moderator Staff Member

Welcome to the Painful Pleasures community! Please take a moment to tell us a bit more about yourself in the Introduce Yourself area. Also, please read the Rules of the Forum at your convenience.

The gallery is available for viewing or posting. Without a login you will be able to see non-mature content, but you will not be able to post there or view mature content.

If you have any questions about the forum or gallery, feel free to reach out to me or our other moderators, Angel on the Edge, Rainbird, Craftsman and xXJarredXx.

It could be a number of things. Build up of waxy oils or a cyst or something has gotten into the space between your jewelry and your lobe. The area should be well healed you could remove your jewelry, clean it and your ear and assuming nothing obvious is wrong, put it back in. I would also perform SSS to calm the area back down. Anytime a piercing gets sore SSS can be helpful.

Good luck and let us know how you make out.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2017
  3. Angel on the Edge

Angel on the Edge Administrator

Hi Princess_of_Pain,

There are a couple things you can try to get the swelling down and eliminate whatever irritant is causing the swelling. I'd start with a couple 5 minute sea salt solution soaks a day. Buy sterile water or boil tap water for 5 minutes to sterilize it. Stir in 1/4 teaspoon sea salt (NOT table salt, which contains iodine), and enhance it with 2-3 drops of tea tree oil for its moisturizing and antiseptic properties. Pour some of the solution into a shot glass or other small container that's large enough to accommodate your earlobe, and soak one lobe in it for 5 minutes. Dump it, re-fill the glass with fresh solution, and soak your other earlobe. Repeat at least morning and night for a few days, and you should see an improvement. Painful Pleasures offers a combo pack of sea salt from the dead sea and tea tree oil that will save you money if you need both ingredients. You can also find coupons in their weekly emails that will save you 10%-20% off an order. If you aren't a subscriber yet, go to their Retail Store, scroll to the bottom-right corner of any page, and enter your email address in the newsletter sign-up box.

You should also remove your jewelry, clean it well, clean your ear with sea salt solution, and then re-insert your jewelry. That way if there's debris (just crusties or something else) causing an irritation, you'll get it off your earlobes and the jewelry for sure.

Never turn/slide your jewelry to break up crusties, because you can push them into your fistula (piercing hole) and cause more irritation.

You might also consider using Painful Pleasures' Smelly Gelly on a regular basis, and massage emu oil into your lobes daily for a week or so before going up another size.

You should always wait 2-1/2 times as long as it took for your initial piercing to heal before going up a size (i.e. wait 9-12 weeks between stretches). If you continue to have irritations when stretching, don't go up a full size at a time. Use stretching tape to add a single layer to your jewelry every 1-2 weeks and stretch gradually.

For more stretching tips, read this Ear Stretching FAQs article I wrote.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

All the Best,
    Laura

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2017
    richeturners likes this.