1. Welcome to the Painful Pleasures community! New members, please read the Rules of the Forum before posting. You should also introduce yourself here before submitting any other posts. If you're interested in sharing photos of your body mods, please read the Rules of the Gallery first. At any time, you can use the "Start a Conversation" feature to get private help from our moderators, Angel on the Edge, Dnd4evr, Rainbird, xXJarredXx, Revs, and Craftsman. Enjoy the forum!
    Dismiss Notice

Opinions on minors with stretched lobes.

Discussion in 'All Things Stretched' started by KaloNivek, Nov 24, 2014.

1. KaloNivek

KaloNivek New Member

I was curious what all of your opinions are about Minors with stretched lobes. I'm under the age of 18, and I have 0g/8mm plugs. I'd also like to know what you all think about larger sizes I.E. beyond 00g/10mm on minors.

2. dnd4evr

dnd4evr Super Moderator Staff Member

Welcome to the Painful Pleasures community! Please take a moment to tell us a bit more about yourself in the Introduce Yourself area. Also, please read the Rules of the Forum at your convenience.

The gallery is available for viewing or posting. Without a login you will be able to see non-mature content, but you will not be able to post there or view mature content.

If you have any questions about the forum or gallery, feel free to reach out to me or our other moderators, Angel on the Edge, Rainbird, Craftsman and xXJarredXx.

Sounds to me like you are trying to convince someone its ok. If there is someone in authority over you that says no, I doubt an opinion from here will have much influence.

As with all mods, its a personal preference. I prefer not to have any facial piecings while others love them. To me personally larger gauge ear lobe piercings are fine, but there is a point where they are not appealing. When there is just a string of flesh left and it looks like it will snap... yeah you went too far. If they no longer hang straight because they hit your shoulder or clothing, that is likely too far. Still, some people love it.

Keep in mind that if you go too far you may need medical correction if you get bored with the look or an employer says they won't hire you with them.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2017
  3. Craftsman

Craftsman Member Staff Member

I know one young person that has his stretched out to an inch + and he wishes he hadn't gone that far. I think he would have a doc fix it if he had the funds. Keep in mind that stretched ears and large tattoos that you can't cover will limit your employment opportunities. We have a guy at work in the engineering department that has his degree and is by all accounts a good engineer, but can't get a promotion due to his appearance. Sleeves, stretched lobes and such just limit him in a professional environment no matter how good his job performance is.

4. xXJarredXx

xXJarredXx El Duderino Staff Member

I'm not personally a fan of huge gauges. When I was around your age I had 4G lobes. Now I'm in a bit older and they have reduced to almost non-visible size. I would likely not every go bigger than a 14G ever again.

That's just a personal preference because I'm worried my body isn't as stretchy as it once might have been, and I don't want to get stuck with dangling lobes. As DnD said, stretching into the large sizes is likely to become permanent and body modifications can and will affect your future careers. I started getting tattoos on my 18th birthday, by the time I was 20 or 21 I had ten tattoos. Five of those are visible in everyday wear (t-shirt and shorts). Now I'm coming up on my 25th birthday and haven't had a tattoo since then, and the regret is strong with me.

Not just the placement, but I've made some bad decisions in the past and some of my work looks like it came out of a prison (minus the blue ink). Which makes a lot of sense because those pieces were done by ex-convicts who mostly learned the trade in the slammer. That's not to say they couldn't do good work if they wanted, but you get what you pay for.

Sorry for the non-related to stretching tangent. I just wanted to stress the importance of the rest of your life. It's your body and there isn't much other people can do or say about it to discourage you, however if it is true that you may be trying to convince an authority figure like a parent, take their advice to heart. It's hard to imagine sometimes but parents were teens too once, and we all make crazy choices in life.

5. Craftsman

Craftsman Member Staff Member

I've heard bad tattoos called "permanent evidence of a temporary lapse in judgement". :)

6. xXJarredXx

xXJarredXx El Duderino Staff Member

Definitely a lapse in judgement, thankfully with enough money and patience the permanent bit isn't so much a rule anymore. I plan to save up money and either get them covered with nicer looking work, or get laser removal to fade them so much it won't matter anymore (This is my preferred method because I don't really want to get larger, darker pieces on my forearms).

7. KaloNivek

KaloNivek New Member

I appreciate all of your input, guys :)
    I'm 15, and I do want tattoos, piercings, etc, But I promised myself not to have any permanent mods done before i'm 20. By the time i'm 20+ I want a few minor tattoos (Upper bicep, ribcage, calve) and 7/16in/11mm lobes. I love the look of the more extreme mods, but I do know that it'll affect my future, and I refuse to let myself do anything permanent until I have a stable job, that allows it.

8. dnd4evr

That sounds like a smart plan. Sometimes even with good plans people succumb to the spur of the moment. Especially around others. Keep your goals in mind and don't let others talk you into something you will regret.

Craftsman likes this.
  9. KaloNivek

KaloNivek New Member

UPDATE: I've since been stretching my lobes. I reached 7/16 / 11mm. I bought a rather expensive pair of Handcarved Natural Stone Plugs. I'm hoping the fact that they were expensive and nice looking, that it'll give me incentive not to go any further. If anyone's interested about getting a pair of really nice plugs, PM me.

10. dnd4evr

I just approved your 3rd post (barely). All future posts will go up immediately. Happy posting.

Ahem, you need to read the rules. No outside links to other stores are allowed. I altered your post to say PM.