1. Welcome to the Painful Pleasures community! New members, please read the Rules of the Forum before posting. You should also introduce yourself here before submitting any other posts. If you're interested in sharing photos of your body mods, please read the Rules of the Gallery first. At any time, you can use the "Start a Conversation" feature to get private help from our moderators, Angel on the Edge, Dnd4evr, Rainbird, xXJarredXx, Revs, and Craftsman. Enjoy the forum!
    Dismiss Notice

Our New Gallery

Discussion in 'Forum Help' started by Angel on the Edge, Nov 20, 2012.

1. Angel on the Edge

Angel on the Edge Administrator

Hello Forum & Gallery Members!

Today we'll be launching our new Gallery! We've completely rebuilt it, and the new version includes a lot of cool features like better categorization options and enhanced commenting functionality. However, you might notice that there are a lot of photos missing. That's because we're still in the process of re-categorizing and validating previously-uploaded photos. Please bear with us as we work on this project. If any of your photos are currently missing, they'll be available again soon. PLEASE DO NOT RE-LOAD OLD PHOTOS if you don't see them yet! If you do, we'll end up with a lot of duplicates.

If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback to provide about the new Gallery, please post here. We'll check in regularly to see what issues are being reported and will address all problems as quickly as possible.

Thank you,
    The Painful Pleasures Team

2. stickit

stickit Member

Can't log in with the right password and surname .. Help !!

3. xerophyte

xerophyte Administrator Staff Member

4. patbodpierce

patbodpierce Member

Does this mean the form and gallery aren't linked like they used to be?

Also the date the photo was poste doesn't seem to be there. Or am missing something?

5. xerophyte

xerophyte Administrator Staff Member

The forum and gallery only share the login for now, The gallery isn't deeply integrated into the forum yet. We will be doing later . When we imported the photos to the new gallery, we didn't import the date. But the date will be posted there for the new images

Let us know if you have any the feedback or improvement and we will do our best to implement them

6. Angel on the Edge

Hi Pat,

Just to expand on what Xeorphyte said, the login issues you're experiencing should be relatively temporary. After we've replaced each major component of our site (forum and gallery are done, but we still need to replace our e-commerce platform, the Stories section, News & Events, etc.), we'll tackle the integrated login issues so that you can move seamlessly between sections of our site without having to login again. We apologize for the inconvenience in the meantime, but this really isn't something we can fix well until we've finished upgrading each area of the site. Thank you for your patience and understanding!

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

All the Best,
    Laura

7. patbodpierce

patbodpierce Member

No problem overall the new site looks great

8. Angel on the Edge

Thanks, Pat! :)
    Laura

9. dnd4evr

dnd4evr Super Moderator Staff Member

I know this is an old thread, but it seems like this is where gallery info is suppose to go so...

For those who may not know, the gallery has a profile picture option of it's own. Click on "My account" in the upper right and click on the "Edit" tab. As with your forum profile picture, no mature content photo's please. For those who want to show their face even if it is mod free, this is the best place to do it.

10. xXJarredXx

xXJarredXx El Duderino Staff Member

I think since we started the thread it is okay that it is old :p

If anything else, we can sticky the thread so that it is always on the top.

11. dnd4evr

Yes, or maybe make a new one? There are a few things we would add.

For one, the search tool returns limited results. I tried to look up patbodpierce and only used "pat". There was only something like 10 results and he was not on it. Then I searched patbod and there he was. Stuff like that is good for members to know.

12. Angel on the Edge

If you're searching for a user in the Gallery, you have to do this:
    Enter username in search field.
    You'll see 2 tabs: Content and Users. Click "Users".
    You'll get a list of links to member profiles that match your search criteria.

As for searching for pictures, there are a couple issues:
    1. At best, only 10 results are returned. I have an open ticket for our programmer to fix that as soon as time permits.
    2. When some of the titles are really long or the photos aren't the right size, it reduces the number of available results.
    Personally, I think the Gallery search tool needs a major overhaul, but I know our programmer doesn't have time to look at it until he gets the new e-commerce site over the finish line. Please bear with us til then!

All the Best,
    Laura

13. isaoutback

isaoutback New Member

0 Gauge now and feels great - pierced myself at 14 gauge that was over 3years ago - also love sounding and have one in (11/12mm) all the way when when this pic was taken

14. dnd4evr

Welcome to the Painful Pleasures community! Please take a moment to tell us a bit more about yourself in the Introduce Yourself area. Also, please read the Rules of the Forum at your convenience. If you have any questions about the forum or gallery, feel free to reach out to me or our other moderators, Angel on the Edge, Rainbird and xXJarredXx.

In our battle against spammers, your first three posts will have to be manually approved as I've done here, then they will go live instantly after that.

Unfortunately I had to delete the picture you attached to your posting. To protect the underage members of the forum we do not allow mature content photo's to be posted here. You are invited to post that picture in our gallery. There we can flag the photo as mature content and then those that shouldn't see it due to their age or choose not to see it are not exposed. At this time the gallery requires a separate log in, but you can use the same name if you wish. Thank you for your understanding.

We look forward to hearing more from you.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2017