1. Welcome to the Painful Pleasures community! New members, please read the Rules of the Forum before posting. You should also introduce yourself here before submitting any other posts. If you're interested in sharing photos of your body mods, please read the Rules of the Gallery first. At any time, you can use the "Start a Conversation" feature to get private help from our moderators, Angel on the Edge, Dnd4evr, Rainbird, xXJarredXx, Revs, and Craftsman. Enjoy the forum!
    Dismiss Notice

Permanent Corset....

Discussion in 'Surface Piercings' started by DrlngNikki, Mar 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DrlngNikki

DrlngNikki New Member

Is it possible to get a permanent corset piercing??? :???:

2. lexiarein

lexiarein New Member

Um, it's *possible* but highly unlikely. You'd have to have extremely good luck with no rejections, and do little physical activity that involves moving your "trunk" I'm sure there's someone out there who it's worked for, but I haven't heard of any.

3. imthecoolkid_mod

imthecoolkid_mod New Member

you need someone to wash your back for you, too :p

4. evoke

evoke New Member

it is possible actually.. depends on what jewlery u actually want to use?? using rings it will end up rejecting out i think... but u can always use surface piercings and they can stay in ur body for a long time...

5. imthecoolkid_mod

generally you get it done with surface bars and later you can change it to surface bars with captive bead rings on them - like slave surface barbells - for lacing up. probably one of the best ideas is to go two at a time, yes? i imagine it would be harder to heal with a whole row of piercings down your back.

6. iamblackbird

iamblackbird Little Miss Apocalypse Staff Member

You can't really change a surface bar very easily without a HIGH risk of rejection. Its best to get something done, with a surface bar, and then change just the BEADS.

7. Illyria Jade_mod

Illyria Jade_mod New Member

Changing the surface barbell itself would be a pretty piercing-suicidal idea.

But, honestly, the likelyhood of healing *all* of the surface piercings is minimal...so if you're going to do it, be prepared to never sleep on your back again, or do anything involving you laying on your back (bath, sex, whatever) to endure a lot of pain, migration, rejection and scarring, to require help cleaning the piercings, and to being forced to take out what piercings do migrate, and then having to have them repierced if you want to have your full corset.

The chances are you'll just wind up in a few years with a line of scars down your back.  But if you're willing to deal with all of that, and you still want to try...then go for it.

8. imthecoolkid_mod

beads, right, sorry x.x

yowch. that just sounds painful. i'm glad i don't want a corset...back corset, anyways... ^_^

9. Illyria Jade_mod

Doesn't matter where you put them, the chances of healing a "corset" set of surface piercings anywhere on the body aren't good.

10. EnolaGay

EnolaGay New Member

[EDIT] no is the answer, especialy if your going to be lacing it up on occasion.

Please note that we do not allow any sort of profanity on our forums, even the more mild swear words.  Please read the forum rules before posting again.

11. imthecoolkid_mod

not true. it *can* be healed, but it is very unlikely. and there is no profanity allowed on the boards, you might want to read the rules...

12. PurrfectlyPierced

PurrfectlyPierced New Member

I have 4 surface piercings on my back that I lace up on occasion....I have had them for a few years and have never had any problems at all. I even had a tattoo done over two of them. They were done with surface bars one at a time.
    Sleeping on my back was never a problem, the only thing that bothers them is when my bra gets caught on them, and my hair gets caught in the shower eek...
    I'll put some picks up this week.

13. Illyria Jade_mod

Ok, it's *possible*.  Ratio?  Maybe 5-10 people in 100 heal them properly on the first try.  Surface piercings are *REALLY* hard to keep permanently, and having them done with surface bars is the *only* way to keep them at all.

14. Elishia x

Elishia x New Member

Yeh   :grin:  ofcorse it is and i really recommend 1......i havent had 1 done my self but am going to  and i think there really nice :grin:  make sure you get a nice shap if u do get 1 because soome can look tacky if there not done right have a look at the pics of some in the galarry there gorjuss  :grin:  good look ne way if yor gettin 1 and let me know how it turns out  :grin:

15. imthecoolkid_mod

old thread....and no font changes.

16. Squeakr

Squeakr New Member

I too am thinking of getting a corset done. I am wanting mine down my sides. I am a bit nervous about it. I know the chances are slim that I will be able to keep it, unless I want to just get the one that migrates out redone every time until it will take. As for lacing it up. I read that you should only do that after it heals completely, and that not to do it that often. I am doing the surface bars, and changing the balls. I am hoping to get it done soon, but I am curious as to how painful it's going to be. Anyone know?

17. phraktl

phraktl Member

The degree of pain for any piercing is subjective. No one can tell you "how painful it is" to get whatever bodypart pierced.

My philosophy is: if you want it badly enough, the pain is not an issue.

Happy piercing!

*Sorry admins for posting to this topic. I didn't realize it was an old one*

18. Sunset_mod

Sunset_mod New Member

phraktl is right, no one can tell you how painful it's going to be, due to the fact that everyone has a different pain tolerance. Some people can't even stand the thought of a needle touching them without passing out. You're right though, wait until the piercings are fully healed to lace them, otherwise you'll end up irritating the piercings and if you irritate them all doing that, I can tell you now...That would be a very, VERY unpleasant experiance! Post pictures of your corset when you get it done!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.